• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Seekins PH2 vs. Bergara Premier in 6.5PRC

Triggertoe

Private
Minuteman
Feb 15, 2024
South Carolina
Trying to decide between the Seekins PH2 and the Bergara Premier in 6.5 PRC. I will be using this as my long range whitetail rifle around
7-800 yards. The Bergara does have an extra 2” of barrel but will I rally notice the 30-40 fps of even that? Also any other factory rifles that’ll get me out to that range under 2k? I know I can save a little more and just build one of an origin action but that would put me around 3.5k all said and done. Thank for the help.

I have really enjoyed my seekins ph2 in 6.5prc. That said, I am planning on putting it up for sale since I have purchased a Kelbly action and planning on going custom.

The seekins has been just as accurate as my customs and actually has beat a few of mine. I’m just wanting to go lighter weight and shorter barrel.

I have really enjoyed my seekins ph2 in 6.5prc. That said, I am planning on putting it up for sale since I have purchased a Kelbly action and planning on going custom.

The seekins has been just as accurate as my customs and actually has beat a few of mine. I’m just wanting to go lighter weight and shorter barrel.

Under 200, haven’t had a need to shoot farther than that on game yet. Hence why I’m planning a shorter barrel and a caliber change as well.

I have shot the rifle out to a little over 1k and it performed beautifully

The seekins I just picked up averaged ~.65moa during load development that's including the group I pulled one on. So 9 groups over 4.5gr window. If I threw out the group I pulled one on it averaged .5moa for 8 groups.

Sounds like it's pretty common for these to shoot that well. So I'd feel them both and see what fits you better stock wise. The PH2 definitely has a smaller feel then some of my other rifles.