• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Seekins Precision NEW STUFF!!!

Glen Seekins

Gunny Sergeant
Commercial Supporter
Minuteman
Jan 28, 2004
lewiston, ID
www.seekinsprecision.com
Here are some pictures of whats coming in 2010 from us and a little about what we have been up to.

Some of the new products have been floating around for a few months. We partnered up with Spikes tactical and built them a kick butt lower and upper. They will also be selling the rails you see as well as a few other trinkets we come up with for the ARs. This works great for us because we are able to do what we do best. Build and develop more kick butt parts for you.

New stuff!!!
223 uppers – Spikes
223 uppers - SP
223 Lower – spikes
223 gen2 lower - SP
Quad rails for AR15’s (2 different designs)
Ambi AICS mag system

Spikes Tactical lower/upper:
First is the new lower we designed and are building for Spikes Tactical.
***sold thru spikes tactical***
We eliminated the use of roll pins, hammers and punches. We replaced them with custom screw-in dowel pins as well as re-engineered and captured the buffer retaining pin. The rear take down pin is located under the grip and retained with a set screw. We added a upper tensioning set screw and a set screw for trigger reset. Top it off with an Ambi bolt stop and this has more features than any other lower.

The upper is also 7075 billet and beefed up in areas to add stiffness. The forward assist is held in by a custom set screw pin just like the lowers and they have the M4 feed ramps cut in. Every aftermarket rail system we could get our hands on works well. We will be making these to blend with the spikes lowers as well as our SP223 lowers.

The spikes upper and lowers are selling for $499/set thru spikes.
The SP upper target price is around $230

Quad Rails.
***sold thru spikes tactical***
Here are some pictures of the first design, the BAR rail (big ass rail). This one is 1.8” inside to accommodate suppressors and for those who like a full size rail. It sounds big, but it is very comfortable to hold onto. The picatinny slots are scalloped and everything is de-burred as I machine it, so there is no need for rail covers. Our rails will not bite!
The rail will come with a special barrel nut and shims for the barrel nut so you can get the proper torque on your barrel. No more fighting to get to the next gas tube hole!
The larger holes you see towards each end are for QD mounts. The picatinny section of the rail mates perfectly with the upper receiver making the rail monolithic. Our uppers will be cut so the picatinny slots are continuous with this rail. Also notice the hood portion that wraps around just underneath the upper receiver’s rail that eliminates rotation.
Weight for 10’’ rail is around 12.5oz (4”, 7”, 9”, 10” and 12” will be available)
Price – TBD but they will be very affordable. Target retail price is aprox 140$ for a 10” rail system.

We have another quad rail we are working on that is slim in design. I will post pics when it’s closer to completion.

DSC014831.JPG

DSC014854.JPG

DSC014844.JPG

DSC014893.JPG

DSC014893.JPG

DSC014882.JPG

SP223 Gen2 lower
Because of the added volume of parts we are building, thanks to spikes we are able to build lowers much more efficiently and would like to pass on the savings to you….the price on our new gen2 lowers…..$269 with all the features listed above.
(pics are of first gen lower)
DSC014933.JPG

IMG_1893_copy.jpg

IMG_1894_copy.jpg

IMG_1897_copy.jpg

Rings…
We ARE bringing back the 6 screw rings this year in a few heights!! We will be starting on them after our move.
Also, we working on a one piece solution for AR platforms and some other goodies. I will post about them as they become available.

Re: Seekins Precision NEW STUFF!!!

Continued….
SP-AICS mag system.
We will still offer our original mag system. This is a addition to the family, not a replacement.
You guys kept bugging me for something like this so we just did it. With everyone else building the AICS bottom metal we were going to hold off, but it just turned out too good to keep to myself, so here it is… Our ambi push button AICS mag system. It will use just a slightly larger inlet than our standard mag system uses and we will make sure everyone has the inlet. Made from Billet, anodized with hard coat and all latch pieces will be coated with melonite so they will hold up forever. Like our other push button DBM this is designed to minimize training as most are familiar with a push button mag release. They are on your pistols and AR’s so why not on your bolt rifle. You can drop a mag easily without breaking your shooting position and by just moving your trigger finger.
DBM with pillars and screws, without magazine – target price $239
With magazine – TBD (add cost of mag)

6mm Crusader SP-AICS (data coming soon)
DSC014992.JPG

DSC015021.JPG

DSC01500.JPG

Our new 6000sq ft. playground!! We are moving once again. 
Current shop
business_end_of_shop.JPG

New shop (assembly area)
DSC014792.JPG

New shop 100’ back to office/assy area
DSC014811.JPG

Thanks to everyone for believing in us and trusting our products. This is not possible without you guys!! Here is to a great 2010!

Awww DAMN IT Glen! "Must hide the checkbook!" The Bottom metal has sure gotten my attention. But seriously, that is some good lookin stuff as usual, and glad to hear you are expanding once again.

My Seekins lower has been crying for the upper. How soon can I order?

New cool stuff is always interesting. Keep it up!!!!

Bloody hell Glen, nice job all round. The wifes not going to be happy, itll take more than the check book and credit card to pack up and move to the US so i get to use some of that coolness.

JJ

That is one of the nicest looking billet receivers sets I have ever seen. Great job!

Brother Glen.................looking good.

Give me a couple days warning for the move and I'll be there in 2 hours.

See ya,
Stu

WOW!

I knew when I saw you at SHOT I was in the presence of greatness!

Thanks for stopping by Glen and congrats on the move and products and my interest remains regarding your lowers, so when you are ready, I'm ready!

Wow, looking good Glen!!

I might just have to get my butt in the truck and drive over there to see you one of these days....I'll bring a large duffle bag to fill up while I'm there.

J

Very sexy, I like the innovative designing on the uppers. Although I've got enough ARs I would love to try one of yours out. Too afraid that I'll start selling the others to get one though. The gear looks great.

I got to see these products in person at SHOT and they were very nice. Might have to get my next A5 inletted for the new BM.

Congrats on the new shop!

Vu

Dammit! Now I'll have to build another AR...

Glen... will you be doing a Long Action version of your new bottom metal?

To answer a few questions..

the bottom metal will be made for the short action, long action and the new 338 mag.

Time frame wont be given out. Learned my lesson there. We are building all of the AR components now and we are working on the AICS DBM to make sure all of the mags will work. mags seem to be all over the place size wise. Everything is very very close to full out production. We are making about 400lbs of chips every day.

The skull camo on the guns is a film dip done locally for us at a archery company. Its not all that durable so i doubt we will offer it unless its a special run type thing.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: heatseekins</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
The skull camo on the guns is a film dip done locally for us at a archery company. Its not all that durable so i doubt we will offer it unless its a special run type thing. </div></div>

I would think that a coat of clear duracoat might make it more durable, but I guess I could be wrong about that.

Nice Glenn!

Have you thought about milling your rails to accept the Noveske switchblock for carbine, mid and rifle length systems and extend beyond the switchblock - similar to Noveske/SWS? Essentially the top rail would be interrupted for about an inch to allow access to the switchblock, but continue ahead of it similar to a DD FSP type of rail.

Having another option for users of those systems wouldn't be bad at all.

My mad scientist friend just never quits ...
smile.gif

I will send you one of my ARs and you can try the whole skull camo dip / clear coat over deal on it.

Really looks killer.

Im in for the dip If you start doing that.

Looks good man. I wish I was moving to some new space. I am too crowded in mine. I bet the 6000 sq ft will be nice for a little while. My big shop stayed big for about a year and now its time for a new one too. Have fun man.

new dbm, just in time for me to build a new rig. sweetness.

Keep us posted on the DBM, I would love to use it on the build i'm gathering parts for right now.

Do you know if all of spikes complete uppers (.22 conversions included) will start coming with their new uppers?

Thanks guys. We arent realy set up to sell out of the shop but we can run thru one of the local gun shops for the transfer. need to be an idaho resident OR we can go across the river to washington if you are a resident there. we just need to set up a time so we have everything in the shop when you show up. As most of you know our inventory changes all the time so think ahead
smile.gif

We are doing a light weight 22 upper for spikes here shortly. Im sure they will build you a 22 off of that upper if you ask for one. I dont see why they wouldnt.

Thanks
smile.gif

Thanks. Uppers should be ready here shortly. We are building the AR stuff non stop.

Guys, If you call us please refrain from being rude to whoever answers the phone that's not me. Everyone has strict orders to only give out timeliness that i say they can. Fawnda, the girl that usually answers is fairly knowledgeable about our products but she hasn't played with them her entire life like some of us have. I have to admit we get some real off the wall questions too. Please give here a chance to take care of you and if she cant help she wont fill you full of bull. She will get me or Al if we are available or will ask to let me call you back and i will as soon as possible. This gives me a chance to run the shop and make sure production is flowing.

Our phone never stops and we are installing a phone system in the new shop to better serve our customers.

One thing i would like to do in 2010 is improve your experience with us and would like some imput on how we can better serve our customers. I want to be the friendliest, but most professional place you have ever dealt with. Send me a PM or Email with your criticism and let me know your thoughts.

The new stuff looks great Glen, especially the bottom metal.

Any idea when the upcoming batch of rings is going to be done? Im hurtin' for some low 30mm's...
grin.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: heatseekins</div><div class="ubbcode-body">We are assembling a ton of scope rings right now and should start shipping this afternoon. </div></div>

grin.gif
grin.gif
grin.gif

You're the man Glen! I just can't bring myself to use another brand of rings after using yours. Thanks for the quick reply.

Glen,
Can't wait to get to handle one set-up and ready to go-Beautiful.

Glen, I have one of your first gen lowers, will it match up to the new uppers as well as these second gens?

WOW I am glad I found Snipers Hide you guys got the low down on all the good stuff, I have been shooting multi-gun for 4 years and I have never herd of Seekins, I got to get some of that stuff !!!!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Groundedclk</div><div class="ubbcode-body">What are the differences between your first SP gen and second gen lowers? </div></div>
+1

I am very excited about the uppers.

Glen,

just to be clear, are you selling your upper (only) direct?

thanks,
jim

At one time, I thought you mentioned making a ring cap with a bubble level in it. Are there still plans for this? I think it would be very popular.

The upper will fit on both lowers exactly the same. I am changing a few little things on the Gen2 lower. Like the captured buffer pin, the screw in dowel pins and most likely it will have the ambi bolt latch.
They will be available direct. Im sure some of my dealers will pick them up. There are quite a few places that carry our lowers.

We have a few things planned for rings this year. The bubble cap, a cap with rails on it ACI mounted cap and a solid AR mount.

Glen,

I emailed you about your lowers, your Gen 2 sounds perfect with the features of the POF lower I wanted and the your design. So I will definetly pick up at least two of them when available.

[email protected] - I asked about getting a uncoated lower and the ability to install a RDAS.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: heatseekins</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I am going to try that. Im just not sure how well the duracoat will play will the dip. </div></div>

There is a water dip place right next to Bruno's Shooters Supply here in PHX. A few days ago when I was at Bruno's one of the water dip guys came over to show them some of the stuff they were doing (I guess Brunos is having them do dip jobs on stocks for them) They said that they are using some kind of Automotive clear coat on their stuff.

What I saw was some X-box controllers that had a matte finish on them, and some benchrest stock sets with a high gloss finish.

Me to. I'm liking the new DBM. It will be nice to have another option to go with the AICS .223 mags.

Thanks for the updates on the new products Glen!

Thanks guys.

We will be building the AICS mag system in the next two weeks. Just have one more thing i want to try with the latch. The latch and button will be coated with Mennonite so the last forever.

Uppers and lowers are running right now and we will be starting on those quad rails late next week. Some have been asking for prices on them. To give you an idea the 9" rail will be $159 and the 12" rifle length rail $179.

We ran out of scope rings!!! We are starting the next run next week, so if you are waiting it wont be much longer. We are doing 6 screw rings too!