• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Gunsmithing Seekins Precisions new CNC toy

Glen Seekins

Gunny Sergeant
Commercial Supporter
Minuteman
Jan 28, 2004
lewiston, ID
www.seekinsprecision.com
The last two weeks we have had the shop tore apart moving machines to get ready for the new addition. We purchased a Mori NH4000 horizontal machining center. It will be used for all of our products and will boost production enough to catch up and let us come out with even more products.

Excuse the mess, We were starting to get the shop back together and were making parts at the same time…It was a fun last two weeks and I still feel like we are living out of boxes. un packing is

Here are some pictures and a little video I took of it changing a pallet and a tool. Its so fast the video doesn’t even do it justice. It was waiting on me to push the correct buttons and im a slow learner
smile.gif

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=puz5ECTPTwE

DSC012921.JPG

DSC01291.JPG

DSC012941.JPG

Re: Seekins Precisions new toy

Glen, will this CNC machine help with the release of your WSM DBM?

Its going to help with everything. It will pretty much free up the other 2 machines and crank out a bunch of parts.

The WSM stuff IS what we are are working on now..

Good to hear, I have a action and stock that are aching for your 3.14" oal WSM DBM!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: heatseekins</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Its going to help with everything. It will pretty much free up the other 2 machines and crank out a bunch of parts.

<span style="font-weight: bold">The WSM stuff IS what we are are working on now.. </span></div></div>

Score, can't wait! Please let us know when it's available.

-Pat

HOLY S*^T!

I just watched that vid, can't believe how fast that thing just changed tools...Freaking magic!

-Pat

That was slow, You should see it go at full speed when its making a part. It holds 40 tools and 2 different tombstones to set up parts on. Its going to be crazy..

That is sooo freakin' cool, but I don't have the room for one...or the $$$. LOL Keep up the good work!

Glen,

That's a nice machine in a nice looking shop. When I started working on "automatic" machines we were still punching in numbers on offset panels with mylar tape in NC machines. Things have truly changed a lot since the 1970s. Nice tool box full of guages there as well. (Notice the small surface plate covered at the end of the machine for quick inspection.)

Friggin sweet!!! If it's anything like the mori SL15 turning center I used to play with you'll be very very satisfied with it's precision and throughput!

Thats my sister, Fawnda who answers the phone and bosses everyone around so we all stay in line.
smile.gif

Im going to be real happy with the machine. It will allow me to hit 3 sides of a part in one setup. That will eliminate human error on some important cuts on the scope ring bottom and make the quality higher.

CNC's are amazing in what they can do. This is a very simple machine compared to some they have came out with.

Cool new toy! CNC stuff is amazing. My buddy has a Haas VF-4 and just got a Mazak Integrex. Unfortunately, he doesn't have the time to make any cool toys for me. Gotta work on that! Have fun!

oooh. hey glen, ever thought of making something like the larue STOMP but a bit lower in height using maybe a single piece ring setup similar to the accuracy international deal but with a low rail on top to accomodate the pvs-22?

I used to run a pretty much identical machine to that one Glen . It wore my sorry butt out trying to load , unload , deburr and inspect everything it could crank out . After running the Haas VF-3 it was kind of un-nerving to watch it run as it always looked like it was gonna crash it moved so damn fast .

I Loved its production abilities but hated how hard it made me work to keep up ... LOL

Im excited to start making stuff on the machine. It will run for 6 hours before needing a operator to swap parts. That alone will give me another shift. I will push go when i go home.

We will have some cool new stuff out here shortly AND everything in stock!!!!! It will be nice to print a shipping label as i talk to you on the phone!!!

Looks Awsome Glen i would not like to make it crash though the speed is awsome.

Good Luck i hope all is working out with it And hope the family is well also.

Now if you could just program it to punch and fold the mags that would be awsome LOL

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Wild_Bill</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Looks Awsome Glen i would not like to make it crash though the speed is awsome.

Good Luck i hope all is working out with it And hope the family is well also.

Now if you could just program it to punch and fold the mags <span style="font-size: 14pt"><span style="font-weight: bold">for your WSM DBM</span></span>, that would be awsome LOL </div></div>

Fixed it for ya
wink.gif

Damn you Glen! stop teasing me and take my credit card number already!!!!!!!!!

wink.gif

Wow Glen!!! That is some trick stuff. I'm going to have to take a trip down and visit the shop sometime, we're very lucky to be a Seekins Precision dealer!

That thing reminded me of Alien or something...

Scott

Damn Glen... Did you get that new or did you use a Machine Rep find you a "mint" one from a shop that was closing?? Very cool... Congrats and I think I can say that all of us we hope it helps increase productivity and builds the business...

Keep up the great work!!!!!

I found it used, its an 07, but hardly used at all. When GM filed for bankruptcy a few shops closed down. This machine spent its short span finishing Allison transmissions from raw aluminum castings. Its way better than new because its 1/3 the price !!

Production....this is a production machine and will do about 3.5x more than a standard mill.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: heatseekins</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I found it used, its an 07, but hardly used at all. When GM filed for bankruptcy a few shops closed down. This machine spent its short span finishing Allison transmissions from raw aluminum castings. Its way better than new because its 1/3 the price !!

Production....this is a production machine and will do about 3.5x more than a standard mill. </div></div>

that would be one upside to this crappy economy if you had cash to put toward machinery. there is going to be a ton of it available for pennies on the dollar.

nice machine though! as someone teaching myself cnc, those rapids scare me.

Its a good time, but scary time to buy so most wont take advantage of it. I just got lucky and we can definitely use it to make a ton more product that we need.

Those rapids scare me too...at 2000ipm things happen very very fast. Too fast to hit the oh shit button for sure. Its going to spend some time turned down a bit. A vertical machine is one thing, but its going to take some time for me to wrap my head around a horizontal spindle. Especially when its cutting where i cant see.

Me want WSM DBM, me want it now!!!

Maybe I can be a beta tester for you
grin.gif

I did call you, you said when they are ready you will post on SH, you said nothing about a list!!! How dare you sir!!!!!!

lol, Ill pm you my info so you can add me to the "list"

With the super machine, I assume the 6/4 rings are close to hitting the market???? Put this bad boy to use, I'm ready to send you some dough...

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: milspec1</div><div class="ubbcode-body">With the super machine, I assume the 6/4 rings are close to hitting the market???? Put this bad boy to use, I'm ready to send you some dough... </div></div>

Yup, We will offer a combo set and some new rings we are designing.