• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Seekins Products??

abizdafuzz

Nobody
Minuteman
Dec 11, 2009
Smuckers, OH
Hey all, I just picked up a Rem 5R and looking to put some nice rings and a base on it. I have been looking at Seekins Precision for the rail and rings plus maybe a HS SRS but I can't seem to find any one that has these products. Liberty looks good but none in stock. Any one know of other vendors that stock these parts?

Re: Seekins Products??

You could try Seekins directly. Did you call Scott @ Liberty to verify what stock he had? Also, there are bases and rings in the classifieds quite often or post up a WTB ad.

Jason

Order direct.

seekinsprecision.com

He's at SHOT right now but I'm sure he'll ship when he gets back, his customer service is top notch.

I'd order from Liberty or search the cove. I'd been trying to order a set from Seekins for a couple months - sent emails, left messages, never could get in touch with him. Great rings though - have them on all my bolt rifles.

Wait till monday and call Glen (Seekins) direct. Everyone that has anything to do with the gun business is at SHOT right now.

I called Glen direct last week looking for some low 30mm rings. He said he's out of pretty much all rings, as is Scott @ Liberty. He also added that a big batch was at the anodizer and Scott should have a bunch a week or two after SHOT. I asked him about the direct vs Scott ordering thing... I think he'd just as soon have everyone order from Scott. He said he has a standing order and if he doesn't have them then chances are Glen won't have them direct either. Not to mention Scott is great to deal with.

Thanks for the replies, I figured they were all out for SHOT. I guess I'll just have to wait and see what Liberty gets in here in the future. This gives me time to decide on what scope I need too.

Well, when you do get a chance to order them, I think you'll be impressed with the design and workmanship. I have a 5R and went with the 20MOA base and low rings for a 50mm objective from Scott.

Liberty does have short-action Rem 700 bases if you need short action. Last I heard, rings should be in within a couple weeks after shot show. From what I hear Glen's stuff is top notch and definitely worth the wait. Looking forward to picking up a set of rings myself.
smile.gif

Guys, Someone is in the shop pacaging and shipping orders. We have a big batch of rings that we will be assembling as soon as we get back from shot. Rails too....

Stop by booth 20054 if you are around.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: heatseekins</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Guys, Someone is in the shop pacaging and shipping orders. We have a big batch of rings that we will be assembling as soon as we get back from shot. Rails too....

Stop by booth 20054 if you are around. </div></div>

Glen,

Will a Premier 56mm obj fit on a Surgeon 591 action and a MTU barrel with your 34mm high rings?

thanks

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: DirtRacer151</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: heatseekins</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Guys, Someone is in the shop pacaging and shipping orders. We have a big batch of rings that we will be assembling as soon as we get back from shot. Rails too....

Stop by booth 20054 if you are around. </div></div>

Glen,

Will a Premier 56mm obj fit on a Surgeon 591 action and a MTU barrel with your 34mm high rings?

thanks </div></div>

Most likely. I had a PH 56mm in a set of high rings on an AI. With a #17 contour Brux (truck axle) it just cleared (could not get a BC cap on it).

But, it was on a Farrel 20 MOA base, which is pretty low. I think your Surgeon rail is higher than mine, so you should be OK.

If you have the rifle and the scope, use the stacked change method to verify.

Scott is tuff to get ahold of right now cause of Shot also. I would just be patient and wait till they get back Mon. I also need a Seekins rail and since Scott has taken care of me in the past I just wait for his response.