• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Seekins Ring Height?

usmc7980

Sarge
Minuteman
Oct 28, 2008
Springfield MO USA
I have an SPS tactical 308 and am getting a Zeiss 3-12x56 for it. I'm using an IOR 1 piece base and want to use Seekins rings. I want to mount the scope as low as I can, so what height will I need?

Re: Seekins Ring Height?

Contact glen...goes by "heatseekins" here on this sight...since he is Seekins he would probably know best.

I had that scope in Seekins Med-High rings on a Seekins flat rail mounted on a Rem SA with a Rock varmint contour barrel (same as the Tac). The Rock barrel does have a longer shank than the OEM Remmy barrel.
I still have the scope but recently sold the rifle.
Here is a pic for reference...couldnt go any lower and fit the Butler Creeks...and assuming your rail is a 20moa rail, the objective may be even closer to the barrel

pai300A.jpg

That looks like my plan for my rifle. I am getting the flat base since this will be a woods gun that rarely goes past 400 yards
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: RHutch</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Here is a pic for reference...couldnt go any lower and fit the Butler Creeks...and assuming your rail is a 20moa rail, the objective may be even closer to the barrel
pai300A.jpg
</div></div>