• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Seekins Rings Picture Request

Dsparil

Sergeant
Minuteman
Aug 11, 2006
Albrightsville, PA
can anyone post a picture showing seekins rings mounted where the side of the rings with the screws is visible? up close?

Whenever I mount my rings the little piece on the rings to secure it to the base is somewhat canted. is this normal?

thanks

Re: Seekins Rings Picture Request

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Dsparil</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Whenever I mount my rings the little piece on the rings to secure it to the base is somewhat canted. is this normal?</div></div>

I had a similar problem, and Glen was quite helpful.

It's not normal. If it's uneven, it means that the screw head is applying uneven pressure on the side clamp.

Here is my ring clamp picture
1.jpg

Notice the outer part of the clamp is touching the ring, while the inner has a gap? It might be hard to see, but that is the case.

We determined it was the result of an out of spec base, IIRC it was too wide.

What kind of base do you have?

there are a few tolerances that can stack up on you. If it clamps down and mounts up solid you are good to go. I had a couple go out with crooked holes, but believe i got them all taken care of. It can be a bit cocked and function fine. Most rings with a clamp on the side with the nut have a slot in them to take up some of the tolerances. Send me a picture if you want or email and i will make sure you are properly taken care of either way.

ah I actually sent you an email requesting one of your bases because im using a pri-mounts left handed leupold clone.

mesilly005.jpg
it's slightly tilting outward at the bottom. my camera blows serious donkey ones and my photo taking abilities really suck so eh....

if this is fine then so be it I'll roll with it. Just don't want this shit to wind up breaking because of something I should have known.

I'd be more than happy to just send it back to you and buy a 6 screw set with one of your 0 MOA bases and pay you whatever the difference is.

That base might be a bit on the big side. Just a few thousandths makes a big difference.
If you run it and have a problem i will take care of it regardless.
If you want, i have some 20moa bases in stock. but we wont be stocking any 0 moa bases. I only sold 3 last year and there is nothing you cant do with a 20 that you can with a 0.

yeah I was thinking the same. I'm going to go get my chargemaster combo then afterwards I'll grab one of your bases.