• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Seekins rings question....

Twisted

Sergeant
Minuteman
Jan 12, 2009
NW Oregon
www.twistedfirearms.com
Mounting a Leupold Mark 4 4.5-14x40 on a Remington 700 SPS Tactical with a EGW 20moa base.

I am guessing the Seekins low rings will be the ones I want. Can someone verify that for me.

And is there a preference between the 4 screw and 6 screw?

Re: Seekins rings question....

that will work fine with only a 40mm bell.

IMO 4 screw is plenty of clamping power.

seekins rings are top of the shelf!!

Lows are plenty tall. If the 4 screw type won't hold you did something really wrong.

Glen doesn't make the 6 screw anymore, 4 will hold it all.

You'll be plenty happy with lows, you'll have room to spare.

Is there any reason I should be looking at the Leupole Mark 4 rings instead of these or just get the Seekins and be done?

Does Leupold make a steel Mark 4 ring? I was told they were steel but all the ones I've found are aluminum and I don't see any benefit to them over the Seekins.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: LibertyOptics</div><div class="ubbcode-body">We have these in stock! I concur with the group, lows should work dandy.

Scott

</div></div>

Would these ship out today or am I too late? Best to order on the website or call it in?

How close to Portland are you....I have a truly like new set you could pick up from me tomorrow if you want to have Scott ship the replacements to me.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: .257</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Another question. Using a 20 moa base what ring for a sendero contour barrel?? Mounted as low as possible.</div></div>

Same scope? Lows....if something with a 50mm bell I'd go medium.

J

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: jasonk</div><div class="ubbcode-body">How close to Portland are you....I have a truly like new set you could pick up from me tomorrow if you want to have Scott ship the replacements to me. </div></div>

I work in Canby, will be at Tri County Gun Club Wednesday evening. Only reason I am in a hurry is cause my Leupy should be here this week and I'm anxious to mount it up and go do some shooting. If he can get them to me by this weekend I'm happy. If not it is not the end of the world as I still have a Bushnell Elite 3200 5-15x40 mounted to the rifle unless it sells this week.

lows will work on a 50mm also. i run seekins lows on a surgeon 20 moa and MTU contour barrels with a 50mm bell.(heavier than a sendero contour).
IMO the lower the better.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Twisted</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: jasonk</div><div class="ubbcode-body">How close to Portland are you....I have a truly like new set you could pick up from me tomorrow if you want to have Scott ship the replacements to me. </div></div>

I work in Canby, will be at Tri County Gun Club Wednesday evening. Only reason I am in a hurry is cause my Leupy should be here this week and I'm anxious to mount it up and go do some shooting. If he can get them to me by this weekend I'm happy. If not it is not the end of the world as I still have a Bushnell Elite 3200 5-15x40 mounted to the rifle unless it sells this week.</div></div>

Okay, try to get them from Scott, should be GTG. If not, let me know via pm, I'll mail you mine and you'll have them in a day. You can pay me for shipping or something if you want and have the new ones sent to me, mine are basically new....have 10 rounds of 223 under them
smile.gif

J

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: pgs</div><div class="ubbcode-body">lows will work on a 50mm also. i run seekins lows on a surgeon 20 moa and MTU contour barrels with a 50mm bell.(heavier than a sendero contour).
IMO the lower the better.</div></div>

pgs, are you sure, I had a 50mm NXS on my Surgeon and my medium Seekins rings had to be exchanged for Medium Highs to get it to clear.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: LibertyOptics</div><div class="ubbcode-body">We have these in stock! I concur with the group, lows should work dandy.

Scott

</div></div>

Just placed my order. Thank you.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: jasonk</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Twisted</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: jasonk</div><div class="ubbcode-body">How close to Portland are you....I have a truly like new set you could pick up from me tomorrow if you want to have Scott ship the replacements to me. </div></div>

I work in Canby, will be at Tri County Gun Club Wednesday evening. Only reason I am in a hurry is cause my Leupy should be here this week and I'm anxious to mount it up and go do some shooting. If he can get them to me by this weekend I'm happy. If not it is not the end of the world as I still have a Bushnell Elite 3200 5-15x40 mounted to the rifle unless it sells this week.</div></div>

Okay, try to get them from Scott, should be GTG. If not, let me know via pm, I'll mail you mine and you'll have them in a day. You can pay me for shipping or something if you want and have the new ones sent to me, mine are basically new....have 10 rounds of 223 under them
smile.gif

J </div></div>

Sounds good, thank you for the offer. As it looks the rings will probably beat the scope to me so I should be ok. But if not i'll get a hold of you.

jasonk:
you may be right ... my scopes are 34mm tubes. that could be the difference.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Twisted</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: LibertyOptics</div><div class="ubbcode-body">We have these in stock! I concur with the group, lows should work dandy.

Scott

</div></div>

Just placed my order. Thank you. </div></div>

No, thank you!! Packed up and going out today. You'll be GTG for this weekend!!!

Scott

I am mounting a Leupy Mark 4 as well.
Got mine yesterday, ordered the 20MOA base for my Remy 700P 300WM. Quality stuff!

I used a EGW 20 MOA base with Medium Seekins rings to mount a NF NXS 5.5-22x56, its close but they don't touch. When I had the 50mm there was too much room, so yes you should be fine with lows.

Mike

I put an IOR in a set of 30mm low tps rings and they would not hold it. Go figure