• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Seekins Scope base mounting

Kevlars

Sergeant
Minuteman
Jan 17, 2011
USA
Hey Guys,

I just got my Seekins precision scope base for a Remington 700 XCR. It looks awesome but it did not include what torque specification is need 15 inch pounds or 20. And since Seekins is closed on Fridays -- I am stuck. anyone know? I would really like to get this set up for my buddy.

Thanks.

-K

Re: Seekins Scope base mounting

I just got mine too but my recoil lug stop was not flush .012 off, is your? ya mine didn't come was torque spec too would like too know myself.

Just got mine too, my question to you is, was your recoil lug stop flush to your receiver mine has a .012 gap on it, it's not flush. Wouldn't mine knowing the torque spec myself mine didn't come with one also.

15 in/lb on the base.

ok ... I went and checked ... my recoil lug is perfectly flush .. and I thought I would have to bed some -- but it is perfect all the way around ... just need torque specs.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Kevlars</div><div class="ubbcode-body">ok ... I went and checked ... my recoil lug is perfectly flush .. and I thought I would have to bed some -- but it is perfect all the way around ... just need torque specs.</div></div> Dang it, now i'm really going to have to call seekins.