• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Seekins Shop Tour - Accuracy Secrets of a Precision AR

Nice discussion, interesting points he brings up that seems to go against the regular ideas.

Do you know if his basic SP15 uppers are now all with the stripped upper shown? Would definitely consider building off one if so.

Very informative video. Thank you Lowlight. Being a noob on the site I am humbled by the amount of information that is available here on the hide. It is overwhelming at first, but I just keep reading and it will come together at some point.

Nice discussion, interesting points he brings up that seems to go against the regular ideas.

Do you know if his basic SP15 uppers are now all with the stripped upper shown? Would definitely consider building off one if so.

They sell that style upper that takes the same flat bottomed handguard on thier website
IRMT-3 V3 UPPER

Yeah I’m foolish and didn’t look first! Nice stuff from Seekins. I could definitely see these if you’re going for a precision AR.

If only they would sell the stripped large frame AR uppers/lowers

Probably capacity issues with the ramp up to try and go to after the LE market.

Edit:

I didn't find it on the website in my first look either.

Nice video, like their new design although I have not see the barrel flex issues they mentioned. My only samples have been an LMT and a Larue.

Frank-how are their bolt action actions in your opinion?

place cursor on the lower end of the video screen and when the speaker symbol appears move cursor to far right volume symbol. Hope that helps.

Yeah saw that but didn't do anything. Never any problems w/ sound on other videos, this is the first.

Not the easiest to find but I found it. Now if only they had the handguard in 17" for us +2 gas 6.5cm guys. Im gonna get one anyway.

You might be able to reach out to them and see if they will make you one. The handguard is just an aluminum extrusion.

Works for me, go watch it on Youtube if you cannot see it here
That worked. Not sure why it wouldn't show up here. Both my phone and computer would show the embedded video player. YouTube worked fine. Great video! Can't wait for the next installments!

Liberty Firearms Institute in Johnstown, CO always has a nice supply of Seekins stuff, the purchasing manager and owner are definitely big fans of Glen and everything he puts out.

I pulled this out of the description of the above. I wonder if this will slow the sale of JP "high pressure" bolts?

-The SP10 upper will accept any AR10 style barrel extension and bolt carrier. In today's marketplace, it's virtually impossible to find a manufacturer making both the complete barrel and bolt that you may want, and even if you do, ALWAYS check the headspace when you purchase a barrel and carrier assembly.

Yes, you can use a DPMS bolt in an Armalite barrel extension and vice versa.

When building anything other than a .308 we recommend using a bolt with a smaller firing pin that will take a high pressure round. Larger (standard) firing pins tend to pierce primers on 6.5 Creedmoor rounds. We will have our own .308 BCG available soon.

Reactions: rymart
Not the easiest to find but I found it. Now if only they had the handguard in 17" for us +2 gas 6.5cm guys. Im gonna get one anyway.

Already asked them about a month ago or so, and they had no interest in this. Kinda blows my mind with how popular +2 and +3 gas systems are for 6.5mm and 6mm gas guns...