• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

SEEKINS SP10 6.5 Creedmoor 22" ODG: Experience Part 3: More Details and Discoveries

Joeg26er

Sergeant of the Hide
Minuteman
Jul 26, 2018
I am listening and learning some great info. Meeting some very expressive folks and helpful ones too.

Check out part 1 and part 2 if you missed the action. There's before and after bore and chamber borescope pics. As well as lots of interesting and expressive commentary.

About me: Shooting AR's (small frame) since 1996, building them since 2005. (Late 90's Complete factory Bushmaster, Aero Precision, 2A Armament, CMT (ambi), SanTan (ambi-set), ADM UIC SL(ambi), Complete M4 Colt lower, Complete Larue Stealth 556/223 Wylde) Also own two 6.5 CM bolt- Tikka T3X Tac A1, Sig Cross (post recall)

Quick recap:
I purchased my first large frame gas gun, after much deliberation over a Wilson combat or V Seven DIY build vs factory
I will probably still DIY a Wilson Combat or V Seven Harbinger build later this year for a lighter weight setup, stalking/brush rig. Or pick up a POF Rogue on BlackFri/CyberMon deal?

HERE IS WHY I chose the Seekins SP10
Great reputation, base gun for USASOC spec and GA Precision. Very good ambi-lower design and I found one in ODG. Some don't like ODG but it's actually a bit greener and a bit lighter and a lot nicer than any of the pics I have seen online. Yes, I'll post some pics of my setup soon.
Since I have not bought my mountain homestead yet, I can't step out my front door and snap shots (Neither image nor powder burning). Plus my carbon tripod has not arrived yet.

I like the SP10 so far.
Excellent Ambi lower design, Very nice cerakote job, I could find no flaws. Well thought out hand guard design. Nice and rigid, some of the screws that secure the hand guard to the upper receiver were slightly proud. They were all inspected and none were cross threaded. I tightened them all to 18in/lbs. which is what they appeared to have been installed at.
Teeny tiny amount of wobble in the upper / lower (fix with accuwedge?). Un-fenced left side mag release but it seems stiff enough to resist accidental mag drops. Magpul MOE grip angle not vertical enough for my taste. Replaced with a Reptilia CQG.
Mounted a Griffin Plan A, Mini Flash hider suppressor mount so I can use my Dead Air Nomad LT or YHM.

Replacing the grip revealed something interesting. The Seekins SP10 lower receiver selector spring hole is ever so slightly more rearward than any AR15 small frame I have ever worked on. The Magpul grip spring hole is large enough to be within tolerance. However, the Hogue 15 and Reptilia were not. This caused binding of the selector lever. I had to slightly drill the Reptilia spring hole to stop from binding the selector spring.

What I have found out so far:

Packaging / Versions:

There might be 4 different variations of Seekins SP10 produced since 2020. I am going to attempt to clarify this with Seekins.
Earliest ones came with ATC brake installed, Timney 1-stage 3lb trigger, Magpul PRS Stock, large hard plastic case with full piano hinge
Sometime between now and 2020, they started using their own X10 Stock which has a tool-less adjustable Cheek pad (up to .25" travel) and LOOP adjustable via two allen bolts and addition of up to two provided spacers.
The latest one has a thread protector installed, ATC brake separate, Triggertech trigger, good sized Nylon covered hard case OR Cardboard box with Laser cut foam.
Mine was marked 2/2023 and did NOT come with any ATC brake. It came with a Timney trigger, Seekins manual, warning card inside the hand guard, Seekins X10 stock, Two butt stock spacers, 4 butt stock screws. No hex wrenches to adjust the gas block. (It takes two sizes) 20 Round black PMAG. (not in bag)
NOTE: The manual describes how to adjust the gas block but does not specify what size hex wrenches to use.
In a Plano GunGuard case (msrp $29) which would not fit the scoped rifle without a bit of distortion/wrangling.

The dealer of purchase replied: "it's factory new, it came with what it came with and no support (from them) after transfer is complete"
Seekins has not replied as of today but they do have a note on their site saying they are a bit backed up at the moment and may take several days to respond. ( I am not worried )

SP10 BOLT:
As far as I can see, there is no description of the bolt on Seekins site. So here is what mine came with:
Appears to be slick black coating or surface treatment. Possibly Nitride? Bolt is similar finish. Features dual ejectors at 1 and 6 oclock with slightly chamfered lugs.

SP10 Spring is Flat Wire
Gas System seems to be rifle gas + The front of the gas block is slightly protruding from the front plane of the handguard.

I'll be breaking in the Seekins SP10 with Magtech 140gr FMJBT
I just ordered some match and hunting ammo:

HORNADY MATCH 6.5 CREEDMOOR 140 GRAIN EXTREME LOW DRAG MATCH HOLLOW POINT - 20 ROUNDS10
FEDERAL PREMIUM GOLD MEDAL 6.5 CREEDMOOR 140 GRAIN SIERRA MATCHKING BOAT TAIL HOLLOW POINT - 20 ROUNDS10
FEDERAL POWER-SHOK 6.5 CREEDMOOR 140 GRAIN JACKETED SOFT POINT - 20 ROUNDS5

Here are borescope pics from After the first cleaning. I am going to clean it again. (they were in part 2 but buried at the bottom inside a reply)
silver rifling.jpg

landsgrovs.jpg

gas2.jpg

chamber.jpg

blue tint rifling.jpg

brown tint rifling.jpg

Last edited:
So part 3 is a recap of part 1 & 2 it seems. I figured part 3 would be when you shoot the thing but maybe that will come to be somewhere around part 10-12 at this rate I suppose.

I can’t wait for part 4. Keep ‘em coming!

So part 3 is a recap of part 1 & 2 it seems. I figured part 3 would be when you shoot the thing but maybe that will come to be somewhere around part 10-12 at this rate I suppose. Can’t wait for part 4. Keep ‘em coming!
LOL - patience

If I could I would have shot it immediately. But then I might have shot it dirty, so good thing I got more info prior.
The ball head arrived today, carbon tripod and arca rail section is due to arrive tomorrow
will see how the weather holds up this weekend

My SP10 is a hammer. Mine has a factory lengthened gas system on it and shoots incredibly soft. Load development was fairly easy. Mine seemed more sensitive to seating depth than powder charger. I’m more of a bolt gun shooter but I have no problem shooting sub MOA groups with the SP10 if I have good form.

I’ll bore scope mine and snap some screen shots when I get a chance. FWIW how “pretty” the chamber and bore are “may” not equate to barrel performance. I have some fire cracked Krieger and Bartlein barrels with worn down rifling that still bughole.

Get out and shoot the fucker and see how she does. If you aren’t happy then reach out to Glen or the guys at Seekins and I have no doubt they will take care of you. Seekins is one of THE best companies to deal with.

So another long winded useless thread with no shooting?
LOL- there's some new info in this thread.

If my carbon tripod and arca rail arrive today AND the weather holds up this weekend there will certainly be some shooting to report.

Sadly the match ammo I ordered is unlikely to arrive in time so we'll have to wait at least another week or so for the real shooting LOL

My SP10 is a hammer. Mine has a factory lengthened gas system on it and shoots incredibly soft. Load development was fairly easy. Mine seemed more sensitive to seating depth than powder charger. I’m more of a bolt gun shooter but I have no problem shooting sub MOA groups with the SP10 if I have good form.

I’ll bore scope mine and snap some screen shots when I get a chance. FWIW how “pretty” the chamber and bore are “may” not equate to barrel performance. I have some fire cracked Krieger and Bartlein barrels with worn down rifling that still bughole.

Get out and shoot the fucker and see how she does. If you aren’t happy then reach out to Glen or the guys at Seekins and I have no doubt they will take care of you. Seekins is one of THE best companies to deal with.
Thanks for your info. That is super helpful and I appreciate it.

When did you receive your SP10 and what did you get with it? What depth seating did it prefer? What projectiles have grouped the best for you? What is your reloading process like? (what dies do you like, what full length resizer etc)

I've read that thread about BigJake's SP10 and he's got some borescope pics on there. Learned quite a bit from that one.

Last edited: