• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Seekins SP10 6.5 Updated Gas Systems?

NHPiper

Tactical Bagpiper
Supporter
Minuteman
  • Feb 17, 2017
    Concord, NH
    Do the current 2022 production SP10s in 6.5CM have the improved length on the gas systems versus the standard rifle length? The SP10M also has the switch block gas block.

They changed the length on the SP10M, but info is hard to find. I had read on the forum that someone got a new SP10 in Feb. 2022 and it had a longer gas system, but can't confirm anywhere.

Help is appreciated!!

Yes they come standard with the plus 2 gas. If you want the select adjustable gas block you have to add it yourself. They ship with a shitty set screw style.

Yes they come standard with the plus 2 gas. If you want the select adjustable gas block you have to add it yourself. They ship with a shitty set screw style.

Just want to make sure I'm not buying old stock

The new SP10 doesn't come standard with a +2 gas system it's a +1.5"

You can order a custom barrel for an additional charge and and have a +2" if you desire.

As I've already explained to the OP you just need to look at the the rifle, if it has a +2 Gas system the gas block would protrude 1/2" past the 15" handguard and the new SP10's do not, the adjustable gas block if flush with the end of the handguard. Take a look on Gun Broker there are several new rifles for sale with the update gas system.

Screenshot_20221201-035356~2.png

Here's two of the SP10's I own, both have +2 gas systems.
    IMG_20221201_042254074~2.jpg

Last edited:
    Thanks for all the help guys! I actually just spoke to Euro optic and they confirmed that the rifle that they have in stock has the 1.5 plus gas system, so the gas block is basically flush underneath the handguard.

Looking forward to picking the rifle up and seeing how it shoots. Hopefully the extra gas system will prevent the brass from getting beat up too bad.

ive got a plus 2 gas system on my new GAP-10 that is basically the seekins. it uses seekins adjustable gas block like this. way better than having to use tools.

seekins_010918_14.png

Reactions: BurtG
    ive got a plus 2 gas system on my new GAP-10 that is basically the seekins. it uses seekins adjustable gas block like this. way better than having to use tools.

seekins_010918_14.png
    I run the same one on my 12.15” AR10 308. I may swap it over, but then the Handguard may have to get clearance/milled.

What's shitty about it?
    That’s subjective I suppose. If you only shoot either suppressed or unsuppressed then it’s fine. Many would want the flexibility to do either or. I don’t have a suppressor but I occasionally shoot through one. It’s simpler to rotate one with detents back and forth every now and again to keep it from seizing up then it is with the set screw style although still possible.

The lever adjust is definitely a better design, no tools needed.

That’s subjective I suppose. If you only shoot either suppressed or unsuppressed then it’s fine. Many would want the flexibility to do either or. I don’t have a suppressor but I occasionally shoot through one. It’s simpler to rotate one with detents back and forth every now and again to keep it from seizing up then it is with the set screw style although still possible.

The lever adjust is definitely a better design, no tools needed.
    How much adjustment range do those have? Is it coarse enough that going from full left to full right can be optimized for both suppressed/unsuppressed? I don't shoot suppressed so I don't mess with gas adjustment after initial set up but I've always wondered about the lever adjustment blocks.

How much adjustment range do those have? Is it coarse enough that going from full left to full right can be optimized for both suppressed/unsuppressed? I don't shoot suppressed so I don't mess with gas adjustment after initial set up but I've always wondered about the lever adjustment blocks.
    Yes there is enough. That is the whole point of this gasblock.

I'm running one on a Custom OBR that I rebarreled in 6.5CM with a 18" Bartlein and the adjustments are quite aggressive probably 1/8 of a full rotation per click, one click makes the difference between running 100% reliable and short stroking/ not locking on the last round. You get 6 clicks from one end to the other, you can also remove material from the gas block allowing for a greater adjustment range if you like.

I'm running a Full Mass BCG and a H2 SCS I have no doubt it would be more than adequate for adjusting the gas down for a suppressor.

Last edited:
    On my 24" +2 Proof I started out with a random load of 4451 and 120SMKs going around 2700fps just to function test the gun after I put it together. I adjusted my SLR gas block to lock back on an empty and then gave it one more click open. I then developed a load for 140gr using StaBall going 2740fps. Had to readjust the gas. I then added a tungsten buffer and heavier spring to my SCS. Had to adjust the gas again. Then I swapped from an Ultra 7 .30cal to a 8.6" Rex MOD X in .45cal with a .30cal endcap. The gun still ran, but accuracy opened up. I adjusted the gas until it locked back on an empty and gave it one more. I watched the groups tighten as I adjusted the gas. It's now tuned to 140's at 2720fps with an all tungsten SCS and the heaviest spring and a big ass Rex MOD X suppressor.

I don't know how you could tune the with that much precision using a coarser AGB.

Sorry I should clarify, when I said that one click makes the difference between running 100% reliable and not locking back I'm referring to it running 100% with the least amount of gas possible. If you turn the gas up a few clicks it will still operate between the 3-4 o'clock ejection window so there is definitely more wiggle room.

Reactions: reubenski
    That is the whole point of this gasblock.
    I understand that's the point. I've owned a number of products that failed to meet their own stated design goals, including adjustable gas blocks that wouldn't adjust, so I approach most things with some skepticism.

I understand that's the point. I've owned a number of products that failed to meet their own stated design goals, including adjustable gas blocks that wouldn't adjust, so I approach most things with some skepticism.
    I agree with that for sure. These do work as advertised.

Reactions: TonyTheTiger
    Gun came in on Friday with the rifle plus 1.5 in gas system. Fired 72 rounds on my first range trip, 40.6 grains of h4350 yielded an average velocity of 2582 with a standard deviation of 13. I fired some of the bolt gun loads that I run with 42 grains of h4350, and the velocity yielded a strong 2715. I had some flattened primers at the higher load, but no other signs of pressure. I only shot five rounds of this so plan to circle back and see how it groups.

The rifle shot exceptionally well with the 40.6gr load and yielded groups at 1/2 MOA before the suppressor mirage started to get to me at which point they opened up closer to 1 MOA.

I was a little worried initially because I had problems with a magazine falling out of the gun while shooting. It didn't seem to like the lancer 20 round that I brought, but I switched to a Magpul 20 round and had no issues. Looking forward to working on some loads and dialing this in.

This was my first range trip shooting a large frame gas gun for precision. Really enjoyed it.

Attachments

• PXL_20221203_214743095.jpg
      PXL_20221203_214743095.jpg
      543.7 KB · Views: 75
    Reactions: bigjake83
    Gun came in on Friday with the rifle plus 1.5 in gas system. Fired 72 rounds on my first range trip, 40.6 grains of h4350 yielded an average velocity of 2582 with a standard deviation of 13. I fired some of the bolt gun loads that I run with 42 grains of h4350, and the velocity yielded a strong 2715. I had some flattened primers at the higher load, but no other signs of pressure. I only shot five rounds of this so plan to circle back and see how it groups.

The rifle shot exceptionally well with the 40.6gr load and yielded groups at 1/2 MOA before the suppressor mirage started to get to me at which point they opened up closer to 1 MOA.

I was a little worried initially because I had problems with a magazine falling out of the gun while shooting. It didn't seem to like the lancer 20 round that I brought, but I switched to a Magpul 20 round and had no issues. Looking forward to working on some loads and dialing this in.

This was my first range trip shooting a large frame gas gun for precision. Really enjoyed it.

How do you like the Timney Trigger? I didn't care much for mine, had a fair amount of creep so I replaced it with a TriggerTech AR10 Diamond.

On my 24" +2 Proof I started out with a random load of 4451 and 120SMKs going around 2700fps just to function test the gun after I put it together. I adjusted my SLR gas block to lock back on an empty and then gave it one more click open. I then developed a load for 140gr using StaBall going 2740fps. Had to readjust the gas. I then added a tungsten buffer and heavier spring to my SCS. Had to adjust the gas again. Then I swapped from an Ultra 7 .30cal to a 8.6" Rex MOD X in .45cal with a .30cal endcap. The gun still ran, but accuracy opened up. I adjusted the gas until it locked back on an empty and gave it one more. I watched the groups tighten as I adjusted the gas. It's now tuned to 140's at 2720fps with an all tungsten SCS and the heaviest spring and a big ass Rex MOD X suppressor.

I don't know how you could tune the with that much precision using a coarser AGB.
    That is a warm load for a gasser, you get loose primer pockets?

How do you like the Timney Trigger? I didn't care much for mine, had a fair amount of creep so I replaced it with a TriggerTech AR10 Diamond.
    No creep on mine but reset is light enough I wasn't sure it was actually resetting.

The new SP10 doesn't come standard with a +2 gas system it's a +1.5"

You can order a custom barrel for an additional charge and and have a +2" if you desire.

As I've already explained to the OP you just need to look at the the rifle, if it has a +2 Gas system the gas block would protrude 1/2" past the 15" handguard and the new SP10's do not, the adjustable gas block if flush with the end of the handguard. Take a look on Gun Broker there are several new rifles for sale with the update gas system.

View attachment 8011293

Here's two of the SP10's I own, both have +2 gas systems.
    View attachment 8011296

I'm looking to get a sp10. Should I get the 1.5 or 2? I'm brand new to gas guns. A guy I know is selling his and the gas block is flush with the handguard.

The newer gens are flush, or just barely stick out under them, depending on how you look at it. The earlier ones are clearly set back an inch or so inside.

Mine is one of the newer gens and runs super soft. No issues with cycling with or without a suppressor.

Reactions: 346ci and Texascbr
    I'm looking to get a sp10. Should I get the 1.5 or 2? I'm brand new to gas guns. A guy I know is selling his and the gas block is flush with the handguard.
    Yeah the only way you'll get a +2 is if you go through thier custom shop, it's an extra $500... for me that's not a bad price to pay for a extra barrel because then you get a full custom Barrel that is made to your exact specifications, and it's always good to have a extra barrel standing by on deck.

I love the new updates that seekins has made, and now that they've swapped over to TriggerTech Triggers over the Timney the SP10'S are truly ready for PRS/Long Range Precision out of the box.

Anyone know if they are using the 5.5lb or 3.5lb TT Duty Triggers??

Also seekins is now offering thier small frame DMR in a 18" rifle length gas 6ARC at a street price of around $1,400.00! Not a bad deal at all, hopefully they'll extend the gas system on the 22" ARC as well.

I don’t know what the SP10’s are coming with but my SP223 DMR came with a Triggertech competitive with the pro curved shoe. I have another on the way in 6ARC and I’m hoping it has the same because this trigger is money.

IMG_3732.jpeg

Mine was the first to leave the shop with the +1.5in gas system. You can see my gas block sticking out from under the handguard. It’s been a great rifle.

Reactions: msgriff
    View attachment 8274807

Mine was the first to leave the shop with the +1.5in gas system. You can see my gas block sticking out from under the handguard. It’s been a great rifle.
    Nice. The Lever AGB is a perfect fit for the +1.5" gas and their 15" handguard. I've wondered how much that influenced Seekins decision to go with the +1.5" gas instead of the +2".

Yeah the only way you'll get a +2 is if you go through thier custom shop, it's an extra $500... for me that's not a bad price to pay for a extra barrel because then you get a full custom Barrel that is made to your exact specifications, and it's always good to have a extra barrel standing by on deck.

I love the new updates that seekins has made, and now that they've swapped over to TriggerTech Triggers over the Timney the SP10'S are truly ready for PRS/Long Range Precision out of the box.

Anyone know if they are using the 5.5lb or 3.5lb TT Duty Triggers??

Also seekins is now offering thier small frame DMR in a 18" rifle length gas 6ARC at a street price of around $1,400.00! Not a bad deal at all, hopefully they'll extend the gas system on the 22" ARC as well.
    Show me where they sell for $1400 and I will buy one of the 18” instead of piecing together one of my own. At the $1750 I see them at, I’d rather not buy one. I’m ready to add a 6mm arc precision build. I don’t have anything like this in a small frame. Another one that has my attention is the 6mm max although I doubt brass and dies will be available anytime soon so it really isn’t an option.

Show me where they sell for $1400 and I will buy one of the 18” instead of piecing together one of my own. At the $1750 I see them at, I’d rather not buy one. I’m ready to add a 6mm arc precision build. I don’t have anything like this in a small frame. Another one that has my attention is the 6mm max although I doubt brass and dies will be available anytime soon so it really isn’t an option.
    I have the Seekins 18” 6ARC. At the time is was a special model for BattleHawk. Added a TT Diamond and a Sawtooth rail. Couldn’t be happier. Believe we paid $1600. Deal IMO
    My only, slight, complaint is that they let the barrel silver stainless.

Reactions: wade2big
    I have the Seekins 18” 6ARC. At the time is was a special model for BattleHawk. Added a TT Diamond and a Sawtooth rail. Couldn’t be happier. Believe we paid $1600. Deal IMO
    My only, slight, complaint is that they let the barrel silver stainless.
    If battlehawk got the ball rolling on these, kudos to them. I’ve spent a decent amount with that company. Sucks they started collecting sales tax this year.

How does it shoot and run?

If battlehawk got the ball rolling on these, kudos to them. I’ve spent a decent amount with that company. Sucks they started collecting sales tax this year.

How does it shoot and run?
    Story is that the owner of BattleHawk used the standard 20” on a hunt, contacted Seekins for a special 18” build.
    Agree on the dam sales tax. Used them almost exclusively till that point.
    So far, I’m in love. So cool. Super accurate, no recoil. Using factory ammo for now.

IMG_5057.jpeg

Now she’s getting and FDE NX8
    IMG_6293.jpeg

Last edited:
    Story is that the owner of BattleHawk used the standard 20” on a hunt, contacted Seekins for a special 18” build.
    Agree on the dam sales tax. Used them almost exclusively till that point.
    So far, I’m in love. So cool. Super accurate, no recoil. Using factory ammo for now.

View attachment 8277930
    Now she’s getting and FDE NX8
    View attachment 8277931
    I think the standard is 22” with a rifle gas. Seekins should probably move to a rifle plus 1 on the 22”. I may pick up one of the 18”ers. I want to be like you. 😜

• Haha
    Reactions: mrtoyz
    Battelle Hawk and LockedLoaded have the best prices when in stock usually around $1,448.00 . I just got a custom quote on a 18" FDE for 1,401.77 so I'm gonna hope on that.

I think the gun market is out of control, more than likely these DMR ARC's will shoot close to 1/2 MOA but yet the GAP15 is $3,150.00... Is the GAP15 better? Yeah absolutely, but $1700 more bette!? .. Not IMO...

Battelle Hawk and LockedLoaded have the best prices when in stock usually around $1,448.00 . I just got a custom quote on a 18" FDE for 1,401.77 so I'm gonna hope on that.
    Locked and loaded doesn’t charge sales tax. They are the cheaper option because of this but out of stock. Battlehawk has them ready to go.

Edit: Locked and loaded doesn’t offer the 18” 6 arc.

Locked and loaded doesn’t charge sales tax. They are the cheaper option because of this but out of stock. Battlehawk has them ready to go.

Edit: Locked and loaded doesn’t offer the 18” 6 arc.
    Locked and loaded turned into one of my go too’s as well. Cheat code for both sites is searching for products with UPC codes.

Custom quote from Seekins I presume. Didn’t know they did that. Very cool

Darn you guys make me spend a lot of money. 😄 That's a really decent deal though. Been piecing together a 6arc build, but that's worth switching it up and just getting off-the-shelf.

@mrtoyz , mind if I ask what optic you are running in that first pic? NX8 2.5-20?

Darn you guys make me spend a lot of money. 😄 That's a really decent deal though. Been piecing together a 6arc build, but that's worth switching it up and just getting off-the-shelf.

@mrtoyz , mind if I ask what optic you are running in that first pic? NX8 2.5-20?
    FWIW IMO I don’t know that you can build a more spec rich, accurate or reliable 6ARC for the money you’d spend on the Seekins.

That’s a 4-32, new one will be too. I tried the 2.5-20 and was disappointed, went to the 4-32 and never looked back. I have heard the 2.5-20’s have gotten better. I’d highly advise spending time behind both before buying though. IMO, other than the Zeiss S3, the NX8 4-32 is the best sub2k (used or on sale) scope you can buy. Opinions are like asshole tho…

FWIW IMO I don’t know that you can build a more spec rich, accurate or reliable 6ARC for the money you’d spend on the Seekins.

That’s a 4-32, new one will be too. I tried the 2.5-20 and was disappointed, went to the 4-32 and never looked back. I have heard the 2.5-20’s have gotten better. I’d highly advise spending time behind both before buying though. IMO, other than the Zeiss S3, the NX8 4-32 is the best sub2k (used or on sale) scope you can buy. Opinions are like asshole tho…

No doubt, especially for ~$1450.

And thanks for opinion. I've been poking around over in the Optics sub-forum for recomendations in this optic class, and it's hard to get narrowed in on one. Seems they all have pluses/minuses and everybody's eye is different.

There's some good Black Friday deals, like the Ziess you mentioned. Trying to pick one while I can get a good price.