• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Seekins SP10 barrel nut attachment to upper and jam nuts?

rmiked

Sergeant of the Hide
Minuteman
Nov 8, 2023
I have a Seekins SP10 in 6.5 CM. Really love the rifle. I‘m new to ARs and one reason I picked the Seekins is the hand guard attachment method to the upper, being independent of the barrel nut. I thought I read somewhere there are also jam nuts that further anchor the barrel nut but I can’t find that reference again. Does anyone know anything about this? For people that have replaced a barrel themselves, they would have encountered this feature if it exists? Also, I thought I read the SP10M barrels are bonded to the upper requiring heat to break the bond (adhesive?). I’m assuming the regular SP10s (not M model) don’t have any bonding material? It would be nice if there was a Utube showing a barrel replacement on an SP10. I can see down the road possibly wanting to build an AR10 from the Seekins builders kit. Just wanting to see how these things go together. Thanks in advance.

Yes, I could remove the torx screws to inspect it. The rifle is brand new. I’m hesitant to do that. I don’t know what the install torque spec is for the 10 torx screws that attach the handguard. I guess what you are saying is , I can’t mess anything up?

It literally says right on their website under FAQ “any rail screws are 20-25 in lbs”…

It’s like you don’t even try to look for solutions on your own and just come here posting thread after thread looking to have your hand held.

Reactions: TonyTheTiger
Well I had not seen the FAQ on their website. It’s kind of obscure located at the bottom of the page. Thanks for showing me.