• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Seekins SP10 ... or ... JP LRI-20

Bungi

Private
Minuteman
Mar 31, 2012
I intend to place an order for a complete AR10 style rifle in the near future. I have had some nice bolt rifles (AIAT and a custom Impact), and I have now fully subscribed to the "buy once cry once" philosophy. That being said, I am not a rich man and I prefer not to waste any hard-earned money.

I don't want to build my own rifle, since I have never owned any form of an AR. It will be chambered in .308 win, since I already have tons of reloading components.

I am now down to one of the following:

(1) Seekins Precision SP10
(2) JP Enterprises LRI-20

It seems like JP has very consistent positive feedback, both for accuracy and reliability, as well as for overall build quality. However, the JP is more than $1,000 more expensive.

The Seekins also has very favorable reviews, but the reviews don't seem to be quite as strong/consistent as those for the JP.

For now, the rifle would primarily be a range gun for target shooting from 100 to 600 yds (occasionally out to 1000). Possibly a hunting rifle as well, but that would be rare. I do not compete (yet), but I have become a little obsessed with accuracy/repeatability.

So ... does anyone have any experience with both of these rifles?

Any recommendations or suggestions from those who are more experienced?

Thanks in advance.

Last edited:
You’re gonna get a lot of opinions but realistically, either will accomplish what you want out to 1000. I have an SP10 and am partial to Seekins rifles as I’ve owned them since 2010 approximately. I went with an 18” Proof CF barrel and JP matched bolt. Rifle gas and Superlative agb. Tubbs spring and Kaw Valley 5.9oz AR10 buffer. Functions flawlessly so far. I haven’t tried a lot of different ammo since I load 185 Juggs over 43 Varget myself. It did shoot 175 SMK over 42 H4895 just as good. 0.7 MOA x 5 shots. Probably could improve on the 10 shot group that but may be me also. Not cherry picked just from the range recently.
F5E6FD8A-FF76-465D-9177-4DF2010D476F.jpeg

6694F2C0-873F-4AEC-BA3B-F5773FDA65F0.jpeg

You’re gonna get a lot of opinions but realistically, either will accomplish what you want out to 1000. I have an SP10 and am partial to Seekins rifles as I’ve owned them since 2010 approximately. I went with an 18” Proof CF barrel and JP matched bolt. Rifle gas and Superlative agb. Tubbs spring and Kaw Valley 5.9oz AR10 buffer. Functions flawlessly so far. I haven’t tried a lot of different ammo since I load 185 Juggs over 43 Varget myself. It did shoot 175 SMK over 42 H4895 just as good. 0.7 MOA x 5 shots. Probably could improve on the 10 shot group that but may be me also. Not cherry picked just from the range recently.
View attachment 7770166
View attachment 7770167
Sp10 with a proof barrel is something g I’ve been thinking about. Did you build the sp10 yourself or have seekins do it?

I’ve been going through this in my head as well. I don’t own any AR10, but for the money I feel like SP10 will preform just fine. The JP, KAC, etc are a little too much for me.

There’s a “gently used” jp 308 on gunbroker if you’re looking to save a few bucks. I love mine but can’t compare to the Seekins as I haven’t tried one. When I was shopping for mine I was looking for both and came across a jp before the Seekins.

I own both in 6Creed (and another JP in 308) and have shot both 6 Creeds in matches. I like the Seekins lower controls better but prefer the JP upper with side cocking. Both rifles are excellent but the JP is marginally better with the roller trigger, high pressure bolt, side cocker, barrel cooling fins, silent capture recoil system and upper receiver stiffness. Of course the extras are only a very marginal improvement and I don’t see an accuracy difference down range. Seekins parts in no way are cheap compared to the JP offering just different and still better than average.

Should you happen to go with a 6.5 or 6creed in the Seekins instead of 308 make sure you get a recent model with an extended gas port length or factor that into the price.

In this market I would go with whichever one is available at a decent price relative to list. I have ordered directly from and have had aftermarket support from both companies and never been anything but impressed with both. Both companies have smart enthusiastic employees that are worth listening to when they willingly give advice.

Ending with an SP10 using a JP roller trigger, Silent Capture Spring and Magpul PRS stock is a hard combo to beat. Top it with a ZCO 4-20 and you have a hell of a setup.

Reactions: Malcolm31
Sp10 with a proof barrel is something g I’ve been thinking about. Did you build the sp10 yourself or have seekins do it?
Ordered the SP10 builders kit and other parts. Had my smith put it together. The kit took almost a year to get though so beware of that.
CBC9AC45-298A-4F85-B12B-25494997A1C0.jpeg

My JP is my softest shooting and most accurate AR. My gripes with JP are related to some of their proprietary stuff (especially the rail).
Can you finally get a normal mlok rail yet? I’m not a fan of their round handguard

This is interesting. I am in the current market and looking at the same two rifles, . In addition, I looked at another AR-10 platform rifle today I never heard of. The Go2 PSR ( "Go to" Precision Sniper Rifle). It looks like the rest of the DI 308 rifles, but they use a stainless 308 Cyro treated 1-10 match barrel, Geissele SSA-E trigger, full ambi controls and a Gen2 MagPul full adjustable stock for $ 3,100 retail.

So, now there's three I'm looking at now. Is the Jp that much accurate? Will a factory built JP compete with a Sako TRG (in the same hands)?

Anyone ?

With the new lengthened gas system on then SP10 6.5 I think it’s really going to be hard to beat

Can you finally get a normal mlok rail yet? I’m not a fan of their round handguard
As petty as it sounds, the round hand guard was a turn off for me. Never was a fan. Same with a couple other companies that build excellent rifles.

Either 1.5” or 2”. Mine was the first to leave the shop with the new system. I was told it’s now standard on the 6.5CM SP10
When did you order your rifle and how long did it take to get? I’m looking at ordering one pretty soon.

Yes, but not in the monolithic LRI rifles.
I think you can. With their monolithic LRI, I think it just includes a barrel nut as an integral part of the upper, but the handguard itself can still be removed. The MLOK version should be part # JPHG3-6D.

I think you can. With their monolithic LRI, I think it just includes a barrel nut as an integral part of the upper, but the handguard itself can still be removed. The MLOK version should be part # JPHG3-6D.
I could be wrong, but I really don't think so. The mlok HG has a 1.6" od and is octagonal, while the front of the LRI receiver is round and the full diameter of the round handguards which is 2" or so. It's been awhile since I've seen an LRI upper without an HG installed but I don't think the two different HG profiles can interface on the same upper.

Reactions: svxwilson
I could be wrong, but I really don't think so. The mlok HG has a 1.6" od and is octagonal, while the front of the LRI receiver is round and the full diameter of the round handguards which is 2" or so. It's been awhile since I've seen an LRI upper without an HG installed but I don't think the two different HG profiles can interface on the same upper.

@TonyTheTiger is correct.

The JP mlok handguard uses a smaller dual nut system than MK III it won't work.

From JPs website
"The mounting method utilizes a slimmed-down version of our proven dual-nut system for the same extreme strength and retention as our MK III system"

Reactions: TonyTheTiger
I’ve been really looking hard at a Seekins SP10 kit to build for a Proof 6.5 Cm SS barrel. Any of the Seekins owners have issues with upper/lower fit? Do they use a set screw into the takedown pin area to tighten it up?

Thanks

All of my Seekins upper / lower combos are tight as fuck. Complete guns that I have ordered as well as stripped uppers and lowers. Yes there is a tensioning screw that you can adjust to fiddle with the lock up. Frogs ass tight.

All of my Seekins upper / lower combos are tight as fuck. Complete guns that I have ordered as well as stripped uppers and lowers. Yes there is a tensioning screw that you can adjust to fiddle with the lock up. Frogs ass tight.
Awesome to hear. After a recommendation from a friend I’ve started drilling a second hole in my pistol grips for lowers that have that set screw. If I’m shooting for as much accuracy as possible I tighten the set screw with a long hex key so there’s zero play between upper and lower. Good to know Seekins are super tight fit

Awesome to hear. After a recommendation from a friend I’ve started drilling a second hole in my pistol grips for lowers that have that set screw. If I’m shooting for as much accuracy as possible I tighten the set screw with a long hex key so there’s zero play between upper and lower. Good to know Seekins are super tight fit
Both my SP10-Ms and LRP-07 require a punch to get the pins out.

It is just under 15” to the trigger. Way to long for many if not most.
Holy crap that’s long. I just placed an order for a SP10 in black. Can’t wait to get it. Do you have any suggestions on a stock? I was thinking the magpul prs but that’s long too. Was also looking at a luth ar but it looks flimsy to me.

Is the LOP 15" without any spacers?

That would be crazy long.

Thanks cast1 -- I have heard good things about the accuracy of both rifles.

From what I can tell, it seems like the SP10 and the JP are equally accurate, but the JP may be a bit more refined.

Thanks cast1 -- I have heard good things about the accuracy of both rifles.

From what I can tell, it seems like the SP10 and the JP are equally accurate, but the JP may be a bit more refined.
They both are accurate and have their pluses and minuses. I don’t think you’d be disappointed with either. Just buy one of each 😂

Reactions: Maxwell
SP10-M in .260 and LRP-07 in 6.5CM

Just depends what color I feel like. I like them both. The side charge of the LRP is nice and can run subsonic ammo basically as a bolt action

Attachments

• 27DFCA3B-B1ED-4329-8519-3734A1560707.jpeg
    27DFCA3B-B1ED-4329-8519-3734A1560707.jpeg
    695.4 KB · Views: 225
  • BDB8CCE6-2B80-47F4-BCE5-A52479C941F0.jpeg
    BDB8CCE6-2B80-47F4-BCE5-A52479C941F0.jpeg
    790.5 KB · Views: 221
The JP since its not exactly user changeable barrels I don't know if I would pick a barrel burner like 6mm Creed. Another point to consider.

I own 3 JP Rifles and I Love all three of them. You will not go wrong with JP, they have the best customer service in the business.
They are expensive but well worth the Money.