• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Seekins SP223 Precision AR Project

ORD

Montani Semper Liberi
Minuteman
Nov 12, 2005
Morgantown, WV, USA
Well,

This one has been a long-time in the works and as you can tell from the pics...it still isn't done yet!! ;)

Anyway, here are a couple pics of my build-in-progress that I have been promising a couple folks now for the last several weeks. In brief:

Seekins Precision SP223 Lower Receiver with:
Geissele SD-E Trigger/Pins
BAD-ASS Ambi-Selector with Stnd/Short controls
Extended Takedown Pin
Seekins Enhanced Mag Button and Bolt Catch

Seekins Precision iRMT-3 Upper Receiver
JPBC-2A BCG
Rainier Arms Raptor CH

Seekins Precision SP3G V1 15" Handguard/Rail in Magpul ODG done by yours truly

Arriving soon will be my barrel (Craddock Precision SDM 20", 1:8 twist, Shilen 4R rifled, match chamber setup on my JP Enhanced bolt, bead blasted...should arrive today accding to UPS), adjustable gas block (when I decide which one to go for based on my measurements as to what will/won't fit), and Seekins ATC Comp. Optic is still to be determined. Hopefully I'll get this thing wrapped up in the next couple weeks or so and get it out to start shooting before the first snow of the Fall!! ;)

2diq8lw.jpg

9tjqx2.jpg

Nice! I have two of my own I'm finishing parts collecting for (18" and 16"), then get to piece them together this October. I'm looking forward to seeing your final build with the 20".

Nice! I have two of my own I'm finishing parts collecting for (18" and 16"), then get to piece them together this October. I'm looking forward to seeing your final build with the 20".

Thanks! I was really torn between an 18" with a rifle-length gas system and the 20" barrel. I ended up opting for the 20" because this rifle isn't going to see much (if any) running and gunning or getting carried around in the field and I wanted every addt'l bit of MV I could get for pushing the heavies for use at 600yds+.

What size gas block does your barrel use? If it's not .750, you're pretty limited on options for an adjustable gas block.

Its an SDM-profile barrel which means 1" to the journal and 0.750" at the journal all the way to the to the muzzle. Tons of options for adjustable blocks available. I was/am hoping that a I can get an SLR Rifleworks DA7 Gen 2 will work but my initial numbers/estimates say it'll be a hair too tall on the top end based on the numbers I got direct from SLR.

I know what you mean though. I saw your posts in Sugarbug's thread wherein we were all trying to help him with adjustable options for that massive Krieger Varmatch he's running on his Seekins build. I'm still digging your modded JP block.

Ok...finally got around to shooting some pictures of this build-in-progress yesterday (or assembly in progress for you semantics-nazis). ;)

The first pic shows the complete, but unassembled/uninstalled barrel from Paul Craddock at Craddock Precision. As previously noted above, the barrel is a SDM profile/contour, 20", 1:8 twist, Shilen 4R rifled, match chamber setup to run the 77gr SMKs on my JP Enhanced bolt, bead blasted finish. Also pictured is a JPBC-2A (full mass) carrier group.

2i7qplw.jpg

The next pic is of the handguard (SP3R 15"), barrel, Syrac set-screw gas block, Spike's RL melonited gas tube, and Seekins ATC brake fully installed.

1zlajcm.jpg

Finally...the completed rifle minus mount (it'll be an Aadmount, 30mm, 20MOA that should arrive today) and optic.

2yv1n5x.jpg

More to come!!

How much did the barrel run you and from where? That looks exactly like the barrel I want from rainier arms thats been out of stock forever.

How much did the barrel run you and from where? That looks exactly like the barrel I want from rainier arms thats been out of stock forever.

Get with Paul Craddock at Craddock Precision. I won't repeat Paul's history/qualifications in total here, but he's an accomplished barrel guy having worked for quite some time for the fine folks at White Oak Armament/Precision. He came highly recommended to me as someone who could turn out barrels of exceedingly high quality on a variety of different blanks without some of the more ridiculous turn-around times with other custom AR barrel shops right now. I e-mailed with Paul a couple times and then had a lengthy call with him about my wants/needs/goals with the barrel in question and the rifle as a whole. That was ~mid-June. After we finalized everything on that call, I mailed Paul my payment for the barrel (~$400), my JP enhanced bolt for fitting/chambering/headspacing, and my Seekins Ti barrel nut as there was some initial concern re: whether the large SDM contour under the HG would work with the size-restricted proprietary nut I needed to use for the iRMT-3 upper/SP3R HG. From the day I mailed him everything until the day I had my finish barrel in hand was a day short of 7 weeks!!! And...to boot...Paul was upset that it took that long but there was a delay beyond his control which he alerted me to by e-mail (originally it was to take ~5wks). Still damned impressive in my book.

Here is Paul's website (not the greatest) and his contact info:

Wix.com craddockprecision created by pa4444 based on pro-bistro

309-242-7285
paul[NOSPAM]@craddockprecision[NOSPAM].com

Be sure to remove the [NOSPAM] ;)

Give him an e-mail or a call as he can do just about anything you could want/need for an AR barrel with a variety of different barrel blanks (many of which he generally keeps stock).

Ill wait and see what your results are as your build is basically what I'm in the process of doing except in FDE with an sp223 billet reciever and a 16.7" noveske nsr. Be sure an post your range results.

I recently picked up a Seekins platform and it's a hammer @ 600yds. Had a minor bolt issue but got it resolved and had it out today. Almost couldn't miss with it @ 600 even with the wind. Had maybe 2 misses in 30 rounds at a 2/3 IPSC. I really didn't expect to shoot sub-MOA at that distance with factory ammo. Probably among best fitting upper/lower I've owned. Here... http://www.snipershide.com/shooting/snipers-hide-semi-auto-rifles/204047-spr.html