• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Seekins upper / lower whos running them?

Zebra644

Sergeant
Minuteman
Jan 10, 2010
Ohio
I am about to build an AR -15 Pistol. I am planning on using a Sig Fore-Arm Brace, providing I can find one in stock. A 10-11.5 inch barrel have not decided on which brand. The same with the forearm / rail. I am debating between the Seekins forged lower and the the billet SBA15 and the same on the upper, either the forged or the billet 223 upper. So who has either the forged or billet and what are your impressions? Thanks in advance.

I've done two builds on the billet (upper and lower), and they're as sweet as I've ever seen. While I probably won't do another from billet lowers solely due to pricing and my own budgets, they're as good as it gets. The uppers on the other hand, the way they form a nearly monolithic system while staying very lightweight, I will be doing more of.

Did or do you have any issues with the P-mags not falling free? I have at this time only read that the issue may only occur on the forged lowers and not the billet. I am also slowly changing my mind and may buy a Spikes lower, build and transfer that to my upper with a barrel swap and some other parts for the pistol and make the Seekins a rifle. Thanks for the reply.

We've built a pile of ARs on the Seekins billet lowers/uppers. Definitely my favorite combo to build off of. The issue with the PMAGs has been real hit and miss due to the variance in the mags, but if you have an issue, the boys at Seekins will take care of you.

No issues with Pmags in my Seekins SP3G rifle with billet upper and lower. Drop right out. Seekins builds excellent uppers and lower whether billet or forged.

Some pics before paint and new mount and one after.
DSCN1919.jpgDSCN1918.jpgDSCN1917.jpg

I've built several rifles using Seekins components (especially their uppers/lowers) and they are just simply one of THE best in the industry...PERIOD! Great, tight fitment of their uppers/lowers (whether the billet or forged is in question) and you'll not find a better company in the business in terms of responsiveness to customer questions/concerns/issues than Glen, et al.

Here's just one of my more recent Seekins builds (need to get some updated pics with optics/mount/etc., but you get the idea. That's a Lancer AWM in the pic, but no issues with PMAGs here either.)...

2yv1n5x.jpg

Last edited:
Okay I'm sold, this is the lower I was looking at. http://www.seekinsprecision.com/med...1000010---seekins-precision-sba15-lower_3.png

This is the upper,
http://www.seekinsprecision.com/med...b33525d08d6e5fb8d27136e95/b/_/b_illet_223.png

Next question is, a Hide Vendor that sells these if not I am sure I can go through Seekins for the lower as I don't see this particular one on various parts suppliers. I know I can go through say Rainier Arms, ect. for the upper.

I had to piece mine together last year after selling off all the components I had amassed in mid-2012 because of other obligations/priorities. When I went back to find everything I needed to begin my rifle project again, prices had skyrocketed and demand had gone mad dog crazy post Sandy Hook. That said, I was able to source ALL of my Seekins components at or just below normal retail prices through a variety of Hide vendors in fairly short order. My lower came from Mike and the folks at CS Tactical...my iRMT-3 upper from SWFA...and my SP3R 15" rail from lazy21...all fine Hide folks to deal with. Might check with them re: availability at this time and see what they can do for you.

I have one lower and 5 uppers. No problems besides always wanting another. Mag's drop freely out of my lower.

I ordered the loweer SBA-15 and have to wait a few until they get thier next batch out. I'm looking forward to getting this put together. I just picked up a Noveske NSR Keymod 15 inch rail.

I've got some SP223 Billet uppers if you need one

^^ THIS GUY...RIGHT HERE!!! ^^

As I said above, lazy21 hooked me up with my 15" SP3R rail/handguard when availability was near non-existent during peak-panic times last year. Great service, fast shipping, and a pleasure to do business with in every respect!