• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes (Seekins/vortex) Low rings, 50mm objective, AI AE, can i pull it off?

Defusion

Sergeant
Minuteman
Oct 15, 2008
Netherlands
I'm about to order a vortex viper pst 6-24x50 for an AI AE, but not sure about the rings.
I want to go as low as I can. I will be ordering the vortex low or medium rings (same as seekins, of which I have a low pair mounted on my rimfire rifle)

The objective outside diameter is 2,26", the low rings would put the center line of the scope 0,87" above the base.
I'd love to hear from anyone who uses an AI AE with similar rings and objective size. Please be specific about your model scope/rings, so I can check for more exact measurements.

If someone know exactly how much the base is above the barrel, that would be great as well. I have calculated it needs to be > 0,26" for it to fit. Could not find this measurement online.
Sidenote: I don't own the rifle yet, otherwise I would've measured the base over barrel height myself.

Last edited:
I'd go with mediums to make sure it fits with the cheek rest. I had to go with medium plus - 1in. Height for my razor / aiae

After some calculations on other setups i could find, low rings would be really pushing it. Will go with the medium. Can always swap them with the lows on the rimfire if I don't like it.

Try mounting the scope with wood shims, or even coins, for spacers. Once you have the minimum height, measure the stack and compare to the numbers on their website.

-s

I'm familiar with those tricks, but can't do it as I don't have the rifle yet.
I just want to get shooting as soon as I receive it. Been waiting long enough for it ;)