• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Sekhmet Gauges

davesa

Private
Minuteman
  • Sep 2, 2013
    Grabbed a couple of the Sekhmet 25mm mini LCD gauges in mid December 2022 - good price at < $40 and did not need any fancy stuff. Just a nice digital gauge with a big display. They arrived and I installed the first one on the side angle mount on my FX Impact MK3. Fast forward a few weeks and I noticed I was all out of air... weird. After a bunch of troubleshooting it seems like the gauge leaks about 20 bar every 12-14 hours. Well that is a bummer. Contacted Sekhmet and did get a response saying "They would check into it.." - well I kept troubleshooting. I installed the gauge with different washers, cleaned the threads, and then the 2nd gauge from my order... things seemed better with the 2nd gauge but determined that one leaked about 10 bar every 36-48 hours - still not cool. Updated the emails I had sent to them asking for troubleshooting help ( anything I could do to fix it? ) or should I just return? so far crickets.....

I have reinstalled the FX / Wika gauge and so far no loss of pressure - should have mentioned I reinstalled the FX between gauge 1 and gauge 2 and validated that I was not losing any air.

Well, as others have stated, I am disappointed - that the gauges are not what I expected ( although exactly what I was looking for ) and that they have not been more proactive about offering suggestions or replacements. Just poor customer service. Also I had to bug them about when they would ship them out in the first place...

I did call Utah Airguns - where I got my FX, and they were helpful - offering to send me some X-Rings in case I had messed one up, and helping to troubleshoot. Overall my experience with them has been positive and would look to send more business their way in the future - even if their prices were a bit higher. I am happy to support companies that try to do the right thing and help their customers.

Overall I would not do business with Sekhmet in the future, and if I could go back in time I would not have ordered these... just disappointing overall - maybe I can help some other person seeking some cool upgrades to avoid future headaches...

I bought the side angle bracket ad a digital gauge from UA. I never could get the side bracket to work and seal up. I re installed the digital gauge in the original location without any issues.

I tried the digital gauge thing years ago with the Edgun EDMU gauges. Neat idea, but between dying batteries, the wires from the circuit board breaking while changing batteries, and a very small and slow leak at the o-ring for the pressure transducer diaphragm on one of the gauges I said to hell with it and went back to simple Wika analog gauges... no more problems since and no more dead batteries.

FYI, a good way to test the gauges for internal leaks is to wrap a tight fitting balloon over the housing. If you have a leak in the bourdon tube (analog gauge) or transducer seal (digital gauge) the balloon will inflate. (In related troubleshooting tips, you can also put a tight fitting balloon over the muzzle with the bolt closed to check for a slow leak on the main valve seat, had that issue on an FX Crown last year. The leak was too slow to make soapy water bubble, but would slightly inflate the balloon over the muzzle after sitting 18 hours.)

Last edited:
    Reactions: rg1911
    I bought the side angle bracket ad a digital gauge from UA. I never could get the side bracket to work and seal up. I re installed the digital gauge in the original location without any issues.
    I installed the angled bracket as well, being left handed it put the gauge in the perfect location for me. However, I am have quite a few issues with blown O-rings in the plenum (before I installed the Power block, which I just did) but I almost moved the gauge back under the transfer port as well just to get things back to normal.

I also want to install the magnet there so the cocking handle will remain back.

This is random but I also considered using the plug that came with the angled bracket and completely removing the 1st reg gauge, once it is set there really is no need to have it there (unless you are someone who constantlyyyyy tunes and changes the 1st reg)

Reactions: Defender32
    I installed the angled bracket as well, being left handed it put the gauge in the perfect location for me. However, I am have quite a few issues with blown O-rings in the plenum (before I installed the Power block, which I just did) but I almost moved the gauge back under the transfer port as well just to get things back to normal.

I also want to install the magnet there so the cocking handle will remain back.

This is random but I also considered using the plug that came with the angled bracket and completely removing the 1st reg gauge, once it is set there really is no need to have it there (unless you are someone who constantlyyyyy tunes and changes the 1st reg)
    I deleted my first reg. The gauge is still there though. It just shows bottle pressure on both sides.

You can only fill your bottle to 250 bar right? Even if you have a 300 bar bottle on there?!
    Correct 250 bar. I do run a 700cc 300bar bottle , but only fill it to 250 bar. I found my Impact runs smoother and more consistent in that configuration.

I sold my 400cc bottle and ordered a 700cc Alsafe so I am waiting on that to come along with the valve from from Krale.

I am also waiting on some weights to come, I will send you some pics when its done.

I wish they released the 800mm liners in .25 but it is apparently taking 2yrs lol

Reactions: Mike Weldon