• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Suppressors Selecting The Right Silencer - Dwell Time Ep. 17

GRIFFIN_ARMAMENT

Official Sniper's Hide account of Griffin Armament
Commercial Supporter
Minuteman
Picking a the right silencer can be complicated. There are so many high-quality, high-performance options from reputable brands. The NFA process itself makes the decision more difficult due to the lengthy wait time and additional burden of cost involved. Buying a single silencer from a single brand is almost like marrying yourself to that brand due to the previously mentioned factors.

In this episode of Dwell time, Sam, Evan, and Austin discuss all the various considerations to take into account when selecting the appropriate silencer for anyone's given situation. This episode should give anyone looking to buy a silencer, whether its their first can or their 50th can, a thorough list of considerations for not only choosing a specific type of silencer, but what brand you should be buying from as well.

Enjoy this latest episode of Dwell Time! if you enjoyed this episode, please share it and if possible, leave us a review on whichever platform you listened to the show on! drop your suggestions for future topics or guests in this thread. Thanks so much!!

-Sam

LISTEN HERE!

LISTEN HERE TOO!

62457791_10158778264494569_2956158717764042752_o.jpg

Dwell Time is also available to stream on iTunes, Spotify, Google Play, Stitcher Radio, Radio Public, Pocket Casts, and more!

I've been making my way through your podcasts from newest to earliest and have been enjoying them. I left a 5 star review as well on iTunes.

Keep up the good work.

Reactions: GRIFFIN_ARMAMENT
Thanks for your support @NWnewguy !

the reviews help our show in suggestions to other listeners who might enjoy. We don't run ads on our podcast (except for plugging Griffin products ;), and your reviews/shares help get the word out there and keeps us busy making more content.

What about the Recce 5? That can is the worst on gas in the face during rapid fire compared to all my other cans. That even includes my form 1 can.

Reactions: LeadZeke
What about the Recce 5? That can is the worst on gas in the face during rapid fire compared to all my other cans. That even includes my form 1 can.

Interesting, could you PM me your SN (or the range at least)? The current generation of that product features our patented HEDP baffle tech, is incredibly well balanced for at ear and muzzle performance numbers meaning blow back should be minimal. If you think it an issue, we'd be happy to take your can in for inspection and possible service. Please contact Richard in Customer Service if so ([email protected]), and he can get the process started!

Interesting, could you PM me your SN (or the range at least)? The current generation of that product features our patented HEDP baffle tech, is incredibly well balanced for at ear and muzzle performance numbers meaning blow back should be minimal. If you think it an issue, we'd be happy to take your can in for inspection and possible service. Please contact Richard in Customer Service if so ([email protected]), and he can get the process started!

Sure thing, I will PM you the SN.

Loving my Recce7. Thinking a 22 can next for pistol shooting. The ability to put the same silencer on a .223 varmint gun would be a bonus but will a resistance 22 or optimus micro be any quieter than the recce7? Lighter for sure!

Reactions: GRIFFIN_ARMAMENT
Loving my Recce7. Thinking a 22 can next for pistol shooting. The ability to put the same silencer on a .223 varmint gun would be a bonus but will a resistance 22 or optimus micro be any quieter than the recce7? Lighter for sure!

The RECCE 7 is a sealed, centerfire rifle silencer and not really intended for rimfire use. Lead fouling from heavy rimfire use can decrease the performance of your recce 7.

The Optimus Micro is a full 17-4 SS rimfire silencer that supports use on .22 caliber cartridges up to .22-250. Its not a dedicated 5.56 silencer, but can be used on .223 guns in a limited capacity and will certainly hold up with no worries.

The Resistance® 22M is a 7075T6 Aluminum, 1.375" OD rimfire silencer targeted at the rimfire enthusiast looking for a short, lightweight, modular package that has the additional functionality of the .223Rem sporting use rating using our TM Minimalist blast shield interface.