• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Self built chassis is done!

257speed

Sergeant
Minuteman
Dec 2, 2007
Alb, New Mexico
Some of you saw my original post on this
http://www.snipershide.com/forum/ubbthre...075#Post1548075

I finally got everything back from being hard anodized. Laid up the carbon fiber for my cheekpiece and duracoated everything flat dark earth. Here are the pic's. The stock wound up weighing 4.4lbs complete.
rifle002.jpg

rifle004.jpg

rifle003.jpg

rifle005.jpg

rifle007.jpg

rifle006.jpg

Re: Self built chassis is done!

thats totally badass. if that were a stock on the market, i would buy that no doubt in my mind. thats impressive

Oops, shows how much I was paying attention.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: MinorDamage</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Huge props! That is definitely something I would pay money for.

Josh </div></div>

+1

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Chiller</div><div class="ubbcode-body">ooooo lord....I have a ton of questions.... </div></div>

Feel free to post or PM me.

Oh dear god.... I read your other thread and this is impressive to say the least especially since it was done on a manual vertical. It makes me a little sad, however to know there is not a CAD/CAM program out there so one of these bad boys can be easily duplicated. Truly one of a kind. Congrats.

Great job! I like one off jobs. You have the only one in the world and the pride of doing it yourself!

What is the total weight of gun with scope and bipod?

Steve

Excellent project. Your ability to visualize the end product then use tools to reproduce that image is very cool. What is your background, are you a machinist by trade? Weight sounds like a very handy rifle. How does it feel for balance and position shooting? Let us know how it performs at the range and again nice job. Thank you for sharing your work and taking the time to post.

Danel

Well done.

You let form follow function(as you should have) and still have a beautiful stock.

david

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">thats totally badass. if that were a stock on the market, i would buy that no doubt in my mind. thats impressive </div></div>
Looks a lot like the TacMod stock with some of the parts in carbon fiber. It is on the market. I think you can buy one from Surgeon Rifles for a mere $1,400.

Hell of a nice job on the stock man!

Well done! I only wish that I had the skills, training, and resources to do something like that.