• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Self Defense or Murder

Maggot

"For we wrestle not against flesh and blood"
Supporter
Minuteman
  • Jul 27, 2007
    Virginia
    eh.....im not too heart broken because the guy that got shot started the attack......

but ide have a hard time believing the guy on the ground thought he was in eminent danger at the time he pulled the trigger.

Hi,

Where does the article say he was backing away? Did I overlook it somehow?

"shoving him violently to the ground with both hands, surveillance video shows. While still on the ground, Drejka, who is white, then pulled out a gun and shot McGlockton, firing a single round that struck him in the chest, deputies said."

Sincerely,
    Theis

Hi,

Where does the article say he was backing away? Did I overlook it somehow?

"shoving him violently to the ground with both hands, surveillance video shows. While still on the ground, Drejka, who is white, then pulled out a gun and shot McGlockton, firing a single round that struck him in the chest, deputies said."

Sincerely,
    Theis
    its a little more apparent when you watch the video.....it wasnt a continuing attack.

home boy comes out thinking hes a badass and shoves the guy to the ground........he gets a gun pulled on him and stops the attack and backs off slightly.

would i have shot?......eh probably not

do i feel bad some asshole did get shot.....not at all.

but i love how they make a point to tell you everyone race......as though that has any bearing on the situation at all.

I say dont go out and just insert yourself violently into a situation unless you know what you are dealing with.

What is the age and health of the guy that got assaulted compared to the age and health of the assaulter?

One thing for sure someone wont be pushing someone ever again.

He assaulted someone and got shot. Sure he appears ars to have paused the assault when the victim presented the weapon, but fuck him. Growing up in Texas with a dad who was a cop, I would often hear that’s a good way to get yourself shot. Sometimes I want to do outrageous or plain stupid shit and I hear my dad say that’s a good way to get yourself shot. Then Save the crazy for something special. Some people just don’t know how to save.

I say dont go out and just insert yourself violently into a situation unless you know what you are dealing with.

What is the age and health of the guy that got assaulted compared to the age and health of the assaulter?

One thing for sure someone wont be pushing someone ever again.

And I'll bet baby mama thinks twice about parking in a handicapped spot again.

That was quite the shove.

He left that dude on the ground in a pretzel shape.

Others have died from less force being less lucky in their landing.

The minute you choose to assault you better take into account the possibility of "counter assault".

A moments thought on that may have prevented this.

Im guessing when the story comes out we may find this was not the first time the deceased has used force.

I feel bad for the 5 year old that had to watch Dad bleed out.

just because Holmes froze when he saw that pistol come out doesn't mean he stopped the attack and we have no audio of what (if anything) he said. I say good shoot.

I'm with PMC. You chose to use violence against another person who is clearly just standing on a sidewalk, you run the risk of getting killed.

Reactions: 2ndamendfan
    Lesson learned is the shooter made it his fight. When you are CCW don't argue with someone over a parking space. He was trained to avoid getting himself into a situation like this. The AG may or may not go to a Grand Jury. But he still has a wrongful death lawsuit looming for sure. It isn't over by a long shot for the poor Bastard. Life before the shooting was much better than the rest of his life and all he had to do was mind his own business. BTW, I hate the NYC press. There is nothing to indicate it was about race and if the dead man was a father then there is a good chance the shooter was a father too. Bullshit narrative in the propaganda. In defense of the shooter the article is total support for the torturer and complete contempt for the victim.

Last edited by a moderator:
    I'm actually with @Maggot on this one.
    With out the full video,or audio the video doesn't show everything needed to come to the conclusion of a justified shoot.
    How irate was the shooter,that someone told the clerk about it? Was he threatening the woman in the car,kicking the car,being overly aggressive? Did he brandish his weapon to the woman? No clue..
    If I came out of a store and saw someone going off on My Wife,and our Boys were in the car as well, I can't say I would done anything different than the dead dude. She was quoted as saying..
    "He was just protecting us" sounds to me like the shooter started the whole thing.
    To me bad shoot,and he should be held accountable for it.
    My .02

Also, let's talk calibers. He was shot square in the torso and lived long enough that if he was armed too he had time. It could have been a .380 FMJ or a .45 with self defense ammo. It didn't put him down. He ran in the store out of sight and the shooter figured it was all over by the way he was acting sitting on his ass and then milling around. He needs to be thinking somebody is going to come out or approach him with a weapon at the ready.

Last edited by a moderator:
    With out the full video,or audio the video doesn't show everything needed to come to the conclusion of a justified shoot.
    How irate was the shooter,that someone told the clerk about it? Was he threatening the woman in the car,kicking the car,being overly aggressive? Did he brandish his weapon to the woman? No clue..
    If I came out of a store and saw someone going off on My Wife,and our Boys were in the car as well, I can't say I would done anything different than the dead dude. She was quoted as saying..
    "He was just protecting us" sounds to me like the shooter started the whole thing.
    My .02

if my wife parked in a handicapped spot.....and someone was bitching her out.......i wouldnt blame them.....she wants to be a dumbass, she reaps the consequences.

frankly i would have gone out and asked the guy WTF was going on.....and then tell them i would handle it......i wouldnt jump straight to violence unless he was actively assaulting my wife.

"he was just protecting us"......WTF do you expect her to say?.....more of the "din du nuffin" attitude.....im sure he goes to church every sunday and was preaching the word of jesus when he got shot too.

there is no evidence of him "brandishing his weapon" or otherwise being overly agressive towards her.......so cut that shit out right now as its nothing but blind speculation.

You changed your mind as you were writing Mc?

You changed your mind as you were writing Mc?

by the letter of the law...as in " feeling your life was in eminent danger"....i dont feel it was legally justified, from what i saw in the video.

the being said....guys dumb ass wife was being a dumbass...and while she was getting a reaming out which she deserved...he responded instantly with violence....frankly i dont blame the guy for shooting him personally......homeboy he got what he deserved.

my personal opinion on proper use of deadly force is different than that of the legal definition.

My .02
    My .02

Without jumping to any conclusions about the guy who did the shooting being prosecuted and sued I would have to question all the situations that the police have shot people in less stressful circumstances and basically got a free pass.

I am in no way bashing the police and have family members that are CO but would like to see equal protection under the law for citizens defending themselves. The police are rarely ever there when needed and show up after things have gone South to clean up the mess, there just aren't enough of them for that sort of response time or needed so long as citizens start putting the thugs in the ground for them.

if my wife parked in a handicapped spot.....and someone was bitching her out.......i wouldnt blame them.....she wants to be a dumbass, she reaps the consequences.

frankly i would have gone out and asked the guy WTF was going on.....and then tell them i would handle it......i wouldnt jump straight to violence unless he was actively assaulting my wife.

"he was just protecting us"......WTF do you expect her to say?.....more of the "din du nuffin" attitude.....im sure he goes to church every sunday and was preaching the word of jesus when he got shot too.

there is no evidence of him "brandishing his weapon" or otherwise being overly agressive towards her.......so cut that shit out right now as its nothing but blind speculation.

Agree she should not have parked in the handicap spot,and if someone was, as you say "bitching her out" then ya totally different...but how aggessive was he..and over a parking spot...really?
    And again,how aggessive did he have to be for a "Witness" to go tell the clerk in the store about it?
    And to your point of there is no evidence of him doing it..there isn't, just as there is no evidence not doing it (based off of what I read,and saw) so "cut that shit out"
    I am not in the " he was a good boy" "getting his life together" bullshit camp at all. If he truly deserved one to the chest,then it is what it is...but I see no justification,just from the video released.
    Talking about "Blind speculation" that's all the video allows. The whole video comes out,and I may change My mind.
    Again My .02 not gonna argue with you about it.

The shooter started it by verbally telling an entitled person that they were not. This caused the entitled person to become furious. Entitled persons husband returns from store (now this is an important part) and escalates encounter to violence. Man shoved to ground now has real reason to fear for his safety and reacts. Now (another important part) thought is no longer part of the process, its now instinct and reaction.

So what have we learned?
    (1) It not a good idea to challenge a entitled person.
    (2) It's a bad idea to use violence in response to words. He could have said Eff You get away from my wife. But he did not.

I was not there so I don't know what exactly happened. But sometimes you should just #walkaway.

Reactions: j-huskey
    im real familiar with that store...its a fucking breading ground for shit. i have been there many times, i lived about a mile from there.
    that part of clearwater is shit, was shit, and getting shittier...

although across the street from there is a worlds famous gun shop... jerry coles gun shop...
    if you get pushed down in that part of scumville, start shooting...

knowing how that store is and everyone around there does, i ask what the fuck would you even stop at it w kids in your car, stupid.
    but, all involved were rats from the same sewer

The video I saw shows another person running towards the altercation....but to help whom? Once the attacker is shot, he turns and runs away. There may have been more than one threat. If two people attack me and one throws me to the ground, am I afraid for my life?

Reactions: gigamortis
    Watching the video carefully, McGlockton shoved Drejka (hard) to the pavement, then continued to advance on Drejka.

Only when McGlockton realized Drejka was presenting a firearm did he take pause.

I'm no expert, but it looked like self defense to me.

I'm sure the MSM will try to spin this into the summer race riots of 2018.

Reactions: gigamortis
    Personally I wouldn't have interjected myself into a situation as citizen Parking Enforcement, but I don't think that is really relevant in the final analysis of self defense or not.

There have been a few times I've been pissed off at rudeness of others, but I held it in just because I do carry, and I'd rather not turn a petty situation into a deadly force encounter.

Personally I wouldn't have interjected myself into a situation as citizen Parking Enforcement, but I don't think that is really relevant in the final analysis of self defense or not.

There have been a few times I've been pissed off at rudeness of others, but I held it in just because I do carry, and I'd rather not turn a petty situation into a deadly force encounter.
    By now, most people understand that you can’t tell anyone what they don’t want to hear and certain people are quicker to crazy than others. This is good to know while armed, whether you do or don’t aspire to kill someone.

I agree about just keeping your mouth shut unless, well you know. But it did NOT warrant the attack. I understand a man's need to protect his family and quite honestly I might have acted similar. Still doesn't justify violence for words. If you're a hot head, you just might end up getting shot. I've accepted that and do my best to NOT be a hot head. But, sometimes.

Parking in a handicap spot is stupid

Arguing with someone who parked in a handicap spot is stupid.

Assaulting someone who is arguing with your girlfriend about a parking spot is stupid.

Defending yourself with deadly force after getting slammed to the pavement and still being aggressed, well that may be for a jury at some point.

Bottom line, play stupid games, win stupid prizes. For all involved.

Yes a jury may have to decide.

Thing is they will decide from the vantage point of a warm room, half way comfy chair, burning desire to go the fuck home.

I hope they get instruction to consider from the view point of just violently assaulted, shock of whiplash, shock of landing on hard asphalt with your legs in a contorted posture Nadia Comannici couldnt replicate, and no idea what is coming next.

The shooters age and physical condition will come into play.

The extent of his interaction with the parking violator will matter.

All that matters is did he believe he was in imminent threat of serious injury/death and based on what transpired was that a reasonable conclusion.

No winners.

Let throw another wrench in the situation. What if the girlfriend shot Drejka in defense of her babies daddy??????

and what if in his last dying gasp Drejka killed the GF?

Actually that would be the best outcome because all the dumb asses would be dead and maybe, just maybe, the kids would be placed with someone that would ensure them a chance in life.

I can see where Drejka was shocked/hurt from being slammed that hard. Probably hit his head on the pavement too. May have sustained injuries from the look of his position on the ground. He probably had a flood of adrenaline, tunnel vision, and a realization he was in serious danger. Fight or flight. He fought.

Hard for a jury to understand all of that, unless they have been in a few violent encounters themselves.

Nadia Comaneci. She is Romanian not Italian. But I know who you be talking about. Lol

I don't know, I'm careful about what I get involved in because I carry. So I don't get in arguments over shit or anything and mind my business. I probably wouldn't let myself be in a position where asshole could shove me. If he did, I'm not sure I'd shoot him over it. If I was on the ground and he pressed the attack, I might let him have a couple.

Couldn't see the video, just two blurry pictures of a big guy walking towards a smaller guy on the ground, and in the second he was closer but appeared to be backing up and guy on ground was brandishing.

I can imagine the big guy daring him to shoot him though... Just more crazy Florida bullshit. A+ for making us completely aware of their race. Matters almost as much as what caliber pistol he used.

im wondering, with knowing the store and local, i wonder if it wasnt local drama, its a nasty dot head store, regulars go there, not much passers by to stop in cause everyone avoids that small area.
    but, regardless, it doesnt matter shit what happened yesterday, he laid his hands on someone and got plugged
    whatever

Considering the unwarrented act of TNB by the fool coming out of the store, and the inherent tendency to major violence of these feral entitlement primo-Americans, I say justified . . . . Considering how fast the blind, unwarranted attack came on, the shooter was completely justified in believing that his attacker intended far worse.

Last edited:
    Was he backing away though? I mean technically he backed away as soon as he assaulted the guy for being in a verbal altercation with his wife. The moment before he was shot, yeah he could have been getting ready to go the other way, but was he?

What was he saying though? I'd bet he was still talking shit while having a gun pointed at him, he had just assaulted a guy for arguing with his bitch when she was in the wrong, not exactly the brightest bulb in the pack.

Shooter gets assaulted over that, he's still between a guy that just assaulted him and his girlfriend who he was "protecting", and a gun has been brought into the situation because he feels threatened after the initial assault... If the dumbass was still making threatening remarks then I can't say I blame him for smoking his ass. The last thing you want is to be in a fight for a gun, and this guy already gave a good reason to question whether he was in a rational state of mind.

Reactions: FatBoy
    Play stupid games win stupid prizes. Personally what pissed me off was the article itself feeling the need to mention the attacker was black. Can we ever have a shooting related news story that doesn't have to have the race card being played?

On another note, I think maybe cops should take shooting lessons from the shooter who only needed 1 round to stop a threat instead of a whole volley of shots that hit everything else except the threat. :D