• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Self sustained multiday matches?

Pbjunkiee

Sergeant of the Hide
Minuteman
Jul 23, 2018
So besides:
Assassins way
Mammoth
Vortex team sniper

What are other multi day self sustained sniper or dmr matches out there i should look into? Doesn't have to be team based.

Also curious in other field competitions, both team and single. I think a list of competitions is worth a sticky thread aswell imo.

Saw someone post this in another thread:

Wolverine 5K at Marksmanship Training Center in Lake City.
- Rucking
- Land Nav
- Teams or individuals

Any other ones for 2022?

Savage Backcountry Extreme at Cameo. From what I've gathered thus far it's a ruck in with 3 days shooting field stages and some simple land navigation mixed in. It's a mix of competition dynamics and NRL Hunter. You stay at your base camp which you pack in throughout the course of the match.
I'm on the fence of whether or not I'm going to partake. I think it's at the tail end of September in the high desert and I don't have the kit to partake at this point. Very few details right now but it sounds intriguing.

^^^^ I can't find any info on it, and only heard it's a team match.

Just a few hours away for me, so I'm interested.

^^^^ I can't find any info on it, and only heard it's a team match.

Just a few hours away for me, so I'm interested.
Book of faces is the only place I've seen anything on it thus far. It is a team match with classes based on NRL Hunter; factory, light hunter, and heavy hunter.

Reactions: Alpine 338
Wyoming Tactical Rifle Championship, 8-10 July. North of Gillette on the Wyoming / Montana border. Now part of RTC if that's important to you.

Reactions: Yoteski
Saw someone post this in another thread:

Wolverine 5K at Marksmanship Training Center in Lake City.
- Rucking
- Land Nav
- Teams or individuals

Any other ones for 2022?
This is a blast. Theme is the movie Red Dawn. There are usually 8 shooting stages and a 5k land nav ruck in the woods carrying 25 to 45 pounds, you get your next checkpoint from your current one. Land nav usually takes 2 to 3 hours, you have to run to do it in 2. It is much better to be on a team. Match hours 9am to 6pm. Last year many teams did not finish all shooting stages - you have to really hustle to do that. There is a shoot house. There is a stage shooting from and around cars. There is usually a team tactical movement stage with some 500 to 700 yard shooting. They do their best to wear you out. There are flame throwers, opening handcuffs with a bobby pin, knife throwing, axe throwing and other hard-to-train-for stuff. They usually focus on accuracy and speed. Last year hits outside the A-zone hurt your score. This year, they are counting A-zone hits with no deduct for hits outside the A-zone. I'm on a 4-man team, we have a 2022 slot. It sold out in an hour.

Did Gamut this weekend.

Bob Keller ran a no joke, burn it down, run you into the ground, test your skills and willpower match.
10/10 almost died and will be back in November.