• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Self Timing Muzzle brakes

Dil pickle

Banhammer
Banned !
Minuteman
Feb 28, 2023
Illinois
I’m getting a barrel done for my AXSR in 37xc. I do not want to send my action out to the gunsmith to get the brake/barrel machined to time correctly, it almost defeats the purpose of having such a nice switch barrel. I don’t have very many, if any machinists at all near me, nor that I’d trust with my barrel. I’ve used quite a few area 419 self timing brakes on 6, 6.5, .30 cal, and they were okay. Really nice quick and easy to install though. I’ve heard many times they don’t compare to other brands at all for recoil reduction on the .375s.

I wanted to do a terminator, but they don’t offer any self timing t-5s. I also couldn’t find very much info on shims, especially ones that would match the end of my barrel at 1.110”. The barrel will is most likely going to be 7/8-24 threads.

Has anyone used the Warner tool MOAB brake? It looks nice, expensive, but is self timing. This was the direction I was leaning, giving the great reputation with Warner. It was either Warner, or and APA XX. I have used them, they were ok on my 338 lapua, but I had nothing to compare them to. However they are self timing. I understand you can’t have it both ways with everything. I wish terminator would just make a t5 with a self timer.

Last edited:
I’m getting a barrel done for my AXSR in 37xc. I do not want to send my action out to the gunsmith to get the brake/barrel machined to time correctly, it almost defeats the purpose of having such a nice switch barrel. I don’t have very many, if any machinists at all near me, nor that I’d trust with my barrel. I’ve used quite a few area 419 self timing brakes on 6, 6.5, .30 cal, and they were okay. Really nice quick and easy to install though. I’ve heard many times they don’t compare to other brands at all for recoil reduction on the .375s.

I wanted to do a terminator, but they don’t offer any self timing t-5s. I also couldn’t find very much info on shims, especially ones that would match the end of my barrel at 1.110”. The barrel will is most likely going to be 7/8-24 threads.

Has anyone used the Warner tool MOAB brake? It looks nice, expensive, but is self timing. This was the direction I was leaning, giving the great reputation with Warner. It was either Warner, or and APA XX. I have used them, they were ok on my 338 lapua, but I had nothing to compare them to. However they are self timing. I understand you can’t have it both ways with everything. I wish terminator would just make a t5 with a self timer.
I only use Patriot Valley Arms self timing brakes.

I am in the same boat for my 37xc barrel. I don't want to send the action off just to have the brake timed. I was looking at the APA, and the B2 or SB2 here:

Not sure if he does a 7/8 thread.

I have an APA on a 338, been very happy with it.

Hope someone chimes in with info on the Warner.

Reactions: Dil pickle