• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Sell it or leupold custom shop for my vari-3?

slate84

Sergeant
Minuteman
Aug 6, 2010
Brookings SD
I have a leu vari-3 Lrt 6.5-20x40 that I have been using on my distance gun for about 2 years now. I bought it from a friend when i got into lr shooting for $400 and i'll tell you that while i haven't had the chance to look down any $1500+ dollar scopes, i am quite happy with the glass. The only thing that kills me is that it is the target dot reticle which i personally do not care for. My question comes as should i:

1. Sell it and save up for a better all around scope with a 30mm and tmr?

2. Send it to leu custom and have them put the TMR in it? (suggestions on anything else that would be beneficial to have then do while its there, maybe different knobs)

Scope is on a savage .300wsm shooting 210gr vlds, pic included.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

If you are happy with it and have enough internal travel for elevation and windage, I would just send it off to Leupold and get the TMR Reticle and maybe some M1 turret knobs. I doubt they are doing it for this scope but M5 (Mil) turrets would even be better.