• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Sell my Howa mini or...

Romeo458

That Guy
Minuteman
Sep 20, 2019
NEIA
I already have a couple of 6.5 Grendel rifles, including a Howa that's threaded for my can. I got a good deal on this one so I jumped on it. I haven't fired a box out of it and it mostly sits. I don't have a desire to add something like the 6mm 6rendel to my collection, but besides 7.62 what can I do with this size bolt face? It shoots good so it's not like it's a bad gun but I can't do much here aside from coyote hunt, but I'm set up for that already.

So project ideas, or find it a loving new home?
20220118_122630.jpg

I have nothing else that uses a 6 mm bullet and the last thing I want to do right now is add is add calibers that don't share components.

• Haha
Reactions: Romeo458
50 beowulf
Ok, that's interesting
That sounds like 762X39 with extra work

just stick it in the corner for now.

then 6arc or 22arc it when the itch comes along

Except .308 bullets instead of .311
I thought most modern US made 7.62x39 barrels were .308 already? Sammi spec for x39 is .309 plus or minus .002 anyway so .308 should work in most of them anyway. Or at least that’s how I remember reading it once.

Pass the good deal along to the next guy and plan a build on a more suitable foundation. Nothing wrong with the Howa, but it's pretty limited, whereas building what you want on a SA footing will open up way more options, and likely be a much better package in the end.

Pass the good deal along to the next guy and plan a build on a more suitable foundation. Nothing wrong with the Howa, but it's pretty limited, whereas building what you want on a SA footing will open up way more options, and likely be a much better package in the end.
Kinda what I've figured. The 50 Beo is an interesting idea, but then getting a magazine or making it a single shot is all I'm seeing. It's also a big bullet for such a small action. I've left the sale posting on the other forums up. I have several projects to finish as it is 😉