• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

sell or not sell?

Irishreaper87

Private
Minuteman
Aug 29, 2012
NC
Im torn between keeping my purpose built savage axis 30-06 or an .303 Enfield. what should I do?

Re: sell or not sell?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Reaper 1</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Im torn between keeping my purpose built savage axis 30-06 or an .303 Enfield. what should I do? </div></div>Are you torn between sellling either the Savage or the Enflield, or are you torn between selling the savage and getting an Enfield?

heres some pictures of the savage

854a735d.jpg

c5f298cd.jpg

KLLMN.png

I'm really feelin' that ARD, bro!

oh homemade anti glare, works better than that honeycomb bs thats on the market. plus its way cheaper!

the muzzle brake? yeah well its just a prototype my friend made its just on there for looks . hes trying to make them.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Reaper 1</div><div class="ubbcode-body">those are the rings that came with it , i prefer lower rings trust me. </div></div>

Yousa get cheek weld in a prone?

ErStr.jpg

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Reaper 1</div><div class="ubbcode-body">oh homemade anti glare, works better than that honeycomb bs thats on the market. plus its way cheaper! </div></div>

Yeah, but taupe is just so common. Why not something in a smoky grey?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Twitch2120</div><div class="ubbcode-body">half can-half brake? bran? cake? </div></div>

Crank brain!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Reaper 1</div><div class="ubbcode-body">oh it was temporary, nothing permanent </div></div>

Don't forget to adequately accessorize!

an aluminum muzzle brake on a 30.06... that'll work well...

and you're on a budget... so you get this aluminum "muzzle brake" from a guy, do a snipery pant job on it and the stock... mount a crap scope in crap rings that are WAY too high...

now you want to sell it for an Enfield 303... for "when the SHTF"...

you're a damn rocket surgeon

You know I didn't post this to be critizied nor made fun of. I posted this to ask adivce.

that scope came with it. i havent had time to go get lower rings. and the muzzle brake isnt on my rifle anymore. i told you it was just for looks to see what people thought about it. not the rifle.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Force_Multiplier</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I think you posted it to try and solicit offers... in order to get around the 100 post rule for selling here </div></div>

400 quatloos! And TD's lint-covered Chiclet™!

do you like pissing people off? Im not soliciting offers ! And who cares about the damn post limit?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Reaper 1</div><div class="ubbcode-body">You know I didn't post this to be critizied nor made fun of. I posted this to ask adivce. </div></div>

Seems to me if you were interested in a "SHTF" rifle, you'd get an AR15 in .223....or anything in .223 for that matter, not something in 303 British?

yeah alot of people would think like that, and yeah an ar15 are great for a SHTF situation , but you do things your way and Ill do things my way.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Reaper 1</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I bought it new from a gun shop and they had the scope on it. </div></div>

then you wasted $$$... on the CRAP they pushed on you

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Reaper 1</div><div class="ubbcode-body">yeah alot of people would think like that, and yeah an ar15 are great for a SHTF situation , but you do things your way and Ill do things my way.</div></div>

thought you wanted advise

My advice is if you want a SHTF rifle neither of the choices are even remotely good.

Where the hell are you getting .303 ammo if the SHTF?

and 30-06 bolt action internal mag if the SHTF? seriously? Purpose built? What purpose? seeing how high you can mount your scope?

Come on.... seriously?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Reaper 1</div><div class="ubbcode-body">yeah alot of people would think like that, and yeah an ar15 are great for a SHTF situation , but you do things your way and Ill do things my way. </div></div>

Individualism: it's a family tradition.

aF2v7.jpg

i do want advice not criticism ! Telling me what I "did wrong" with the rifle isnt what i was asking. I asked what i should get..

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Reaper 1</div><div class="ubbcode-body">yeah alot of people would think like that, and yeah an ar15 are great for a SHTF situation , but you do things your way and Ill do things my way. </div></div>

Where you going to find 303 British in "shtf" situation?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Reaper 1</div><div class="ubbcode-body">i do want advice not criticism ! Telling me what I "did wrong" with the rifle isnt what i was asking. I asked what i should get..</div></div>

a clue?