• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Sell or upgrade CZ457

jeremydc

Private
Minuteman
Sep 1, 2021
Guam
I have a CZ457 AT-ONE, bone stock except a trigger spring replacement. Anyone thoughts on what I should do with it?

I want to get into PRS or NRL22 so I’m looking for guns I don’t need to touch much. The CZ won me a stage in a match. But it doesn’t seem as reliable or accurate as my Tikka T1x.

Really like the Tikka and I’m moving. So that gun would probably go with me.

Should I sell my CZ457 and upgrade it up to a Bergara B14r? Looking for those ready to compete guns that need modifications.

If I stick with the CZ and upgrade it, I’m definitely going to need a chassis and everyone says get a better barrel.

Let me know your thoughts. Don’t have cash to run a vudoo yet

For the price of a b-14r you could get a chassis and a lilja… I’d go that route… I did go that route. Bought an mtr. I’ll sell the stock and get some sort of chassis and a Lilja in the future.

If you’re not happy with the cz, by all means sell it and move on. T1x needs a chassis as well. B14R is $1000 bucks everything else you’re talking about is $500

Reactions: nakoa01
I'd get a lilja on that at-one, put in a weighted arca rail, and bed it. Should get it to be a pretty solid competitive shooter and won't cost much.

When you say not reliable, what do you mean?

Reactions: JKW70
I have a CZ457 AT-ONE, bone stock except a trigger spring replacement. Anyone thoughts on what I should do with it?

I want to get into PRS or NRL22 so I’m looking for guns I don’t need to touch much. The CZ won me a stage in a match. But it doesn’t seem as reliable or accurate as my Tikka T1x.

Really like the Tikka and I’m moving. So that gun would probably go with me.

Should I sell my CZ457 and upgrade it up to a Bergara B14r? Looking for those ready to compete guns that need modifications.

If I stick with the CZ and upgrade it, I’m definitely going to need a chassis and everyone says get a better barrel.

Let me know your thoughts. Don’t have cash to run a vudoo yet
I started with a CZ 455 Varmint, it shot very well. I got a Tikka T1X when they came out. It out shoots the CZ. Then came along the Bergara B14R. It will just edge out the T1X. I sold the CZ, and got a Trigger Tech Diamond for the B14R. Then I got a KRG Bravo for the T1X, to get the weight close to the B14R.

I don't shoot PRS or NRL matches due to bad knees. I do shoot 22LR long range steel matches. I see a lot of CZ, and they do very well. Anyway you go will work fine. I like the Bravo as far as a chassis.

B14R is the best for me. I like the factory stock, it sits rock solid on bi-pods. It is takes 700 triggers and chassis. I have topped guy shooting Vudoo's and RimX with my T1X and the B14R. Shooting long range is all about ammo and the driver.
good luck
Mark

Reactions: Doctorwho1138
If you like the Tikka, it works better for you, just shoot that rifle. Having Others telling you what upgrades to do to a rifle you like does not sound constructive. You did not specify any needed change to the Tikka. Just that it works for you. This is what I am hearing. Shoot your favorite rifle. You actually have a choice of rifles. Perhaps you will grow into an educated upgrade.

Reactions: MarkCZ
As my B14R shoots well out of the box and is reliable, I would buy one of those. I would then put a Vudoo bolt knob
on it and make a $4.56 trigger mod that will bring it down to 11 ounces. It will also provide you with an adjustable sear stop.
The trigger mod is to drill the housing for a #6-32, 4.5 pound long nose spring plunger, install it and adjust the sear.
The trigger already has hole drilled in it so all you need do is enlarge it. There is also a pre drilled hole for a trigger over
travel screw if you would like one. Shown in image number 7. Both are #6-32 screws. The plunger is about .62" long and
has a nylon locking element to keep it in place. The OT screw is .50" long, has an oval head and a nylon locking element.
Then save your money for your Vudoo.

Attachments

• 7-21-21-A.jpg
    7-21-21-A.jpg
    520.8 KB · Views: 186
  • 10 SHOTS @ 50 YARDS  .34 CTC.jpg
    10 SHOTS @ 50 YARDS .34 CTC.jpg
    371.8 KB · Views: 170
  • B14R first BP150 target.jpg
    B14R first BP150 target.jpg
    489.6 KB · Views: 175
  • B14R TRIGGER JOB.jpg
    B14R TRIGGER JOB.jpg
    404.2 KB · Views: 165
  • bt-3.jpg
    bt-3.jpg
    684.8 KB · Views: 128
  • .176 INCH BETWEEN TRIGGER SIDE PLATES #6-32 THREAD INSTALLED.jpg
    .176 INCH BETWEEN TRIGGER SIDE PLATES #6-32 THREAD INSTALLED.jpg
    381.8 KB · Views: 146
  • FRONT OVER TRVL..jpg
    FRONT OVER TRVL..jpg
    349.8 KB · Views: 140
If you buy a bunch of cool parts to make yourself a shooter........ who will buy it from you when your done with it?
Every change I make to any gun can be undone. The only exception is when I lap the trigger sears.
Even then, I could re-lap it with a courser grit lapping film and restore it to the factory finish.
btw... I lap in the direction of trigger travel. I don't change any angles, I only refine the surface finish
This was done with 9 and then 3 micron Aluminum Oxide PSA backed lapping film.

Attachments

• DSC09768.JPG
    DSC09768.JPG
    320.9 KB · Views: 111
Last edited:
If you buy a bunch of cool parts to make yourself a shooter........ who will buy it from you when your done with it?
Every change I make to any gun can be undone. The only exception is when I lap the trigger sears.
Even then, I could re-lap it with a courser grit lapping film and restore it to the factory finish.
btw... I lap in the direction of trigger travel. I don't change any angles, I only refine the surface finish
This was done with 9 and then 3 micron Aluminum Oxide PSA backed lapping film.
I’ve seen something like this before 😉

Can somebody please direct me to the section on SH to buy triggers from the island of un-Wanted tools?
B14R trigger that I want to work on...
Thank you