• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Sellier & Bellot - 77gr HPBT GTG?

frankprstw

Private
Minuteman
Oct 24, 2020
California
My Centurion Arms Mk12 likes IMI Razor Core 77, I am running low on on stock. Midway USA has it but they don’t ship ammo to California :cry:

Has anyone tried Sellier & Bellot - 77gr HPBT? Is it good? Same SMK bullet?

Thanks

Francis

I’ve never shot these so this might not be helpful, but I had no trouble with their 140gr 6.5CM rounds, which shot pretty well especially for the price. I think it’d be worth getting a box or two to try.

I think CBC, MagTech and S&B are part of the same company but made in different countries… but I shot 77gr from CBC and they did well. Around .8-1moa out of my SR15. Handled wind as good as a 5.56 can out to 500yds.

The right lot..

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210614-090506_TargetScan.jpg
    Screenshot_20210614-090506_TargetScan.jpg
    339 KB · Views: 1,138
Reactions: bfoosh006
Another good one is GGG.

I ran a comparison between many manufacturers and SB and GGG both came out as the best accuracy for price, out here it means around 1moa per €1. The 69gr stuff was 0.1moa more accurate and slightly cheaper so if availability is better it could be a good compromise.

I would buy the GGG stuff but almost out of funds.. Atleast I got the last of SB the importer had in stock. Too bad the new lot seemed to be slower and less accurate. But it is good anyways (still close to 1moa and fastest around) so I am happy with it.

PMC is another good option but atleast here it is more expensive and quite slow, by around 100fps at least.

Another good one is GGG.

I ran a comparison between many manufacturers and SB and GGG both came out as the best accuracy for price, out here it means around 1moa per €1. The 69gr stuff was 0.1moa more accurate and slightly cheaper so if availability is better it could be a good compromise.

I would buy the GGG stuff but almost out of funds.. Atleast I got the last of SB the importer had in stock. Too bad the new lot seemed to be slower and less accurate. But it is good anyways (still close to 1moa and fastest around) so I am happy with it.

PMC is another good option but atleast here it is more expensive and quite slow, by around 100fps at least.
The right lot..
Thank you!
That does look pretty good.
I am getting about 0.5-1 MOA with IMIs, never tried BHs as they were expensive.

I am going to add this here too. The same ammo multiple times are different lots. The Norma shot way over 3moa, my paper ran out of space :)
View attachment 7648279
Very informational. Thanks for sharing.

How "old" is the Norma ammo ? The older GECO ( 50rd box on the RUAG plastic stripper clips ) version loaded for Norma shot very well for me.

Very informational. Thanks for sharing.

How "old" is the Norma ammo ? The older GECO ( 50rd box on the RUAG plastic stripper clips ) version loaded for Norma shot very well for me.
The lot number is 20157260
So maybe 2015?

I contacted them via mail and they just dismissed my reclamation by saying that they have not received any reclamations so it cannot be a bad batch and I probably have a barrel that has too slow twist and asked for more details. (wtf, it is a 55gr bullet)

I replied them with my gun details and they never replied back.

Needless to say, I have not found any use for them. I planned to give them to my worst enemy :)

And to top my review off..
I went today to the 300m range to check drops between 100 and 300m for the SB 77gr, I have a competition coming.

This is what my latest lot got me. I pulled the lowest one on the second target, so basically it could be counted out. I was too cheap to shoot another bullet to replace it so I guess it gets counted in then too..

I am freaking pleased, to say the least. It seems my 100m groups are way worse, I am probably slightly irritated already to shoot match ammo from that distance after all the testing I have done.

But see here:
Screenshot_20210617-231342_TargetScan.jpg

First: 0.83moa
2nd: 0.67moa
3rd: 0.64moa
All 15 shots: 1.22moa, without pulled one 1.1moa.

So... not bad for a chrome-lined battle rifle. I still need to work out slight POA wander but I think I am ready for the match.