• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

Suppressors Selling a Suppressor?

Re: Selling a Suppressor?

I'm not an expert but, it isn't done a lot for a reason. I may be wrong here but, it seems that you would have to do two transfers. One, to a SOT and then another one to the individual that is buying the can. Meaning, that to make it worthwhile, you would have to sell the suppressor extremely cheap to get it to sell.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: TX COWDOC</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Say a fella wanted to sell a supressor that he purchased and decided to change directions on a project. How is that done?
</div></div>

You can do a Form 4 transfer directly to another individual if they reside in the same state you do (only one $200 tax stamp). If you want/need to sell it to an individual in another state, then you'll need to involve a Class 3 dealer.

Bryon

Thanks Bryon-
Say, Chuck Tooke had a guy thread my 308 LTR somewhere around Austin. I have another I'll need to get threaded. Any suggestions? I'm in College Station.
Thanks

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: MAJ MALFUNCTION</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: TX COWDOC</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Say a fella wanted to sell a supressor that he purchased and decided to change directions on a project. How is that done?
</div></div>

You can do a Form 4 transfer directly to another individual if they reside in the same state you do (only one $200 tax stamp). If you want/need to sell it to an individual in another state, then you'll need to involve a Class 3 dealer.

Bryon</div></div>

Well, I was kinda close
smile.gif

So, I list the can for sale. A buyer pays me for it then has to do his paperwork to get the stamp. Who does the Form 4? Sorry for my ignorance. Buying them is easier than selling them for sure.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: TX COWDOC</div><div class="ubbcode-body">So, I list the can for sale. A buyer pays me for it then has to do his paperwork to get the stamp. Who does the Form 4? Sorry for my ignorance. Buying them is easier than selling them for sure.
</div></div>

You'll have to do the Form 4. Or you might contact a class 3 dealer in your area and see if he would help you draft the paperwork for a reasonable fee.

You can fill out the Form 4 online using the ATF website. The only class 3 dealer close to me royally screwed up the paperwork so I filled it out and just had them sign it. They couldn't spell, or copy numbers down correctly. The forms aren't hard to fill out.

I have a Barret CQ upper and a Turbodyne that aren't getting as much use as they should. I spend more time with the 29" upper. I'm considering selling them as a package on Gunbroker. Also have a 338 YHM Phantom that doesn't suit the intended application so I really need a Reflex type can.