• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Suppressors Selling an SBR

D.A.T

Sergeant
Minuteman
Dec 11, 2006
Kansas
I have a SBR (HK UMP conversion) I want to sell. What is the proces to sell it across state lines?

I have a SBR (HK UMP conversion) I want to sell. What is the proces to sell it across state lines?

xfer you to class3 in that state, then class 3 to buyer.. 2x the stamps, 2 x the times... sell it in the state, then its just u to buyer, 1 stamp, 1 waite....

Only 2 stamps would be required: seller to dealer in sellers state (form 4 to form 3) requires a stamp; dealer to dealer interstate (form 3 to form 3) is free and dealer to buyer in buyers state (form 3 to form 4) requires a stamp... Sometimes selling items in the state where it's on a form 4 makes more sense, but often times with higher end stuff how many taxes are paid is irrelevant.

Last edited:
You can transfer to an SOT in another state on form 4. One tax to any SOT, another tax to buyer. Sell online or through an SOT dealer on consignment.

Is the best way if I sell it on gunbroker for the buyer to find a class 3 that will agree to except and do the transfer to the buyer in their state? In state sale is how I purchased this (person to person) which is nice and easy.