• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Selling my Ruger Precision Rimfire - Thoughts about it.

minn_wild1

Pirate
Minuteman
Feb 15, 2017
I sold my RPRR and am looking at getting a T1x or building a 10/22. The stock on the Ruger is flimsy. It really forced you to be consistent about cheek weld pressure in order for it to shoot repeatably. The bolt was very poorly machined. I spent a lot of time smoothing all of the rough edges off of it. After doing that, it ran much smoother. The action didn't fit the stock well and i did the aluminum foil bedding trick. That helped a little. Mine shot SK Standard Plus very well. It also liked Aguila Super Extra (Eley Prime). I tried the later Aguila Super Extra (Aguila Prime) and it didn't shoot well. It shot Eley Match (black box) to, but I'm not spending $.40 per round on 22LR. I tried about 25 different types of ammo. Moving on.

Reactions: GBMaryland
I wouldn't get a 10/22. Get a T1X or a CZ457, or the new Bergara B14R. Allows you to grow into full size chassis that you can use as centerfire trainers, or all in all just much nicer stocks/chassis.

Reactions: zenbike
Well, I’m biased but I like semi auto for several reasons the least of which is not having to break my concentration or move my body to work the bolt.

I like my Kidd and depending on what you are looking to accomplish, one could be what you’re looking for.

My next rimfire, if I ever come to that point, will be a Chacon "10/22". If not that, then a Kidd supergrade. I'm partial to bolt guns, but would like a Chacon.