• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Selling Steyr, buying new 20" - help appreciated

MrClean

Private
Minuteman
Apr 16, 2008
Jackson, Mississippi
I don't post much here but read a lot and thank you all for the info you share. Thanks ahead of time for help here too. Have searched on some things such as triggers, etc but figured I would ask in a single thread too.

Okay... long story short I am going to sell my Steyr SSG PIIK w/ double triggers and Kahles 6x, already threaded, rifle.... and buy a new 20" 308 bolt gun. Need some $$ for expenses and they just cut my salary AGAIN.

Right now I am looking at two rifles, but welcome your input on others in same price range. I'm looking at the Savage 10 PC LE and the Remington 700 SPS Tactical. Both seem to fit the bill to a degree.

Remington: Has X-Mark Pro trigger, Hogue overmolded stock, 20" bbl
Have heard good & bad on the trigger
Standard Bolt handle, not too wild about
Easier to upgrade and/or find parts??
Accuracy? read conflicting reports

Savage: Has AccuTrigger, Digital Camo Stock, 20" bbl
Most seem to like the trigger ?
Larger bolt handle
Everyone seems to agree they are very accurate
Hate they put the logo on the bolt but can fix that easy

Would probably sell either of these stocks and get something different
Going to keep searching and reading but would appreciate any pros cons you have from owning one of these or other insight.

Oh yea.... 20" bbl is because I have a can for it. Will be getting it threaded. Just in case anyone was wanting to know why I didn't want anything longer.

Re: Selling Steyr, buying new 20" - help appreciated

I own a SPS tactical and it will outshoot me any day all day. Holds right around .5 MOA very repeatably. Dont own a savage, but here they are great shooters as well. If you want a budget shooter, id go with the SPS tactical. The XMark aint as bad as everyone makes it out to be, but with that said i just upgraded mine to a Rifle Basix, due to the deal that i got on it. The hogue stock will work, not great, but will work until funds allow to upgrade. Which ever route you choose to go both will be good rifles

Any reason you ruled out an FN PBR? It's right in the same price range.

Not really.... just didn't have any experience w/ one. Perhaps I should include it in possibilities?

That's it?
smile.gif
nobody else has either the Rem 700 SPS Tactical or the Savage 20" that can lean me one way or another?
smile.gif