• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Selling to Canadians

coues7

Private
Minuteman
Feb 3, 2007
White Mountains AZ
How do I go about selling a laser to a canadian purchaser without getting screwed? Is the Canadian to US Dollar conversion pretty stable?

Re: Selling to Canadians

Screwed by whom?
How?
With regard to what?

Selling what kind of laser?
Is it an ITAR restricted item?

Nobody is screwed I hope. I've just never sold a laser range finder to anyone in Canada or another other country besides the USA.

I don't have a clue whether it's a ITAR restricted item. What sort of currency exchange should I worry about? How can I accept money? Is a money order safest? Do you get a postal money order?

Keep in mind if you use paypal, there is a currency fee-- I didn't know about it until I sold something.

Still yet another reason to transition from paypal.

L''aRD 'T'unnderin' Jaysssus, Moy Sonnn

(That's Full-Whack Newfie Canuckian, which translates to "Holy Shit buddy, you best learn something QUICK!!!)

ITAR will ruin your day. As much as I hate it, I won't throw anyone to the wolves regarding it! We all got's enough problems, without making it harder for ourselves.

As to the Canuckian Peso, we're about 2 Drachma's short of a well-aged USDA Prime Greenback. (Drachma's being about equivalent to one of your "tenths of a cent")

So there you go, hope that clears everything up, and don't be afraid of dealing with us Canuckians. We're friendly. It is YOUR GOVERNMENT who doesn't like you. ITAR is an Ameri-Yank disease, don'tca-know?

And no, to anyone else watching over our shoulders,,, this is NOT political post.
smile.gif

For those with no sense of humor at all, it really depends on which model of laser range-finder that your talking about.

Some are prohibited from Export from the U.S.of A., whereas the vast majority of "consumer-grade" are not restricted. FROM WHAT I UNDERSTAND but check it up on your own.

Same goes for flashlights. You have any idea how many people are murdered in 3rd world countries each day, with flashlights? Highly protected item, right there.

Currency though, we're about equivalent with you. 1.00 USD = 0.9981 CAN.

It all boils down to the make and model of your item.

Damn you Canadians are hard to understand.....I didn't get a damn thing from your post.....