• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Semi auto super short range sniper rifle! UPDATE!

wjwill

Off road Junkie
Minuteman
Supporter+
Nov 28, 2007
East KY and Georgia
Its a hi-point carbine chambered in .40 S&W. This little carbine has dropped rabbits and small hogs out to 100 yards. A buddy of mine and I put this together as a joke at first, but the little rifle surprised us both when we started to shoot it. At 100 yards, it shoots 1" groups which I think is decent for what it is. Anyways, just thought I would post the rifle for some laughs.

op3epz.jpg

f2sq4y.jpg

Re: Semi auto super short range sniper rifle!

I ran an indoor firing range for a while and we had three of those HiPoints for rent. We were shocked at how well they worked and how long they ran. For the price, they're hard to beat. Prettier you may find, but you'd have a hard time finding much that's more reliable. And they're pretty accurate to. Sort of made me scratch my head. Wish I could have said the same for the Auto Ordnance Thompson we also had.

I remember reading an article about these in one magazine or another several years ago. It was patrol rifles for the officer on a budget or something to that nature. They gave the Hi Point very favorable reviews.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: steelcomp</div><div class="ubbcode-body">My LORD that thing is ugly!
eek.gif
</div></div>

LMAO! Way to bust a guys chops over his piece!

I looked at one of those rifles at Gander Mountain in Beaumont, Texas. Cheap to shoot and easy to carry.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: KillShot</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: steelcomp</div><div class="ubbcode-body">My LORD that thing is ugly!
eek.gif
</div></div>

I looked at one of those rifles at Gander Mountain in Beaumont, Texas. Cheap to shoot and easy to carry. </div></div>

Oh come on now, I know you envy it. To be honest though, I would pick the hi-point over any of my AR's when going for long walks in the cane fields. Reason being with a red dot on it, it weighs in at 4.5 pounds with a loaded mag. Its also short and can kill anything thats out there. The scope was put on there as a joke, it usually has a tasco red dot on it.

I have a buddy that has one of these and he stacked 3 bullets in the barrel and it still didnt blow up, he sent it in to High Point and they send him a new gun.

Adam, mine has been submerge in the swamp when I fell through the marsh, been covered in mud and dirt and it still keeps on going. I do have to say it is a very reliable gun for what it is.

I've had one of those since they came out in the 90's. Some mom and pop company out of Ohio. Thing is built like a tractor. But shoots very well. Kind of dirty to clean and required tools to do a good cleaning. I have and original in 9mm with the upgraded UTI stock painted OD green.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: KillShot</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
steelcomp said:
My LORD that thing is ugly!
eek.gif
</div></div>

quote]

LMFAO!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: steelcomp</div><div class="ubbcode-body">My LORD that thing is ugly!
eek.gif
</div></div>

You jelly of the butter knife bayonet?

zqt4w.jpg

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: attherange</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I have now seen it all. laughs
</div></div>

2464bjm.jpg

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: wjwill</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: attherange</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I have now seen it all. laughs
</div></div>

2464bjm.jpg
</div></div>

Well at least now it's tactical...
grin.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Badshot308</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: wjwill</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: attherange</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I have now seen it all. laughs
</div></div>

2464bjm.jpg
</div></div>

grin.gif
</div></div>

No it's not. I don't see a light or laser on it.
grin.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Mr blasty</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Badshot308</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: wjwill</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: attherange</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I have now seen it all. laughs
</div></div>

2464bjm.jpg
</div></div>

grin.gif
</div></div>

No it's not. I don't see a light or laser on it.
grin.gif
</div></div>

Lasers were an option. Lights are mounted with a hi-drag low-speed quick release super wazoo adhesive tape, silver-backed.

as a group in TX we used to all buy the same cheap firearm and have contests of sorts--brings back memories--

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: wjwill</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: attherange</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I have now seen it all. laughs
</div></div>

2464bjm.jpg
</div></div>

Now it's an assault rifle and subject to ban!
wink.gif

I think the shoe lace is a pre ban mount for the bayonet so its ok...

Who would have thunk it...

Similarly, Ive got an UZI model B that is amazing out to 100 yards shooting bowling pins. People laugh when I bring it out. Supressed, its like shooting a magical pellet gun. Magical because it hits every time.

I hope some carbine maker will chamber a lightweight rifle in 7.62x25 or sometimes called "7.62 Tokarev" which is a bottle-necked cartridge.

65833.jpg

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: ranger1183</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I hope some carbine maker will chamber a lightweight rifle in 7.62x25 or sometimes called "7.62 Tokarev" which is a bottle-necked cartridge.

65833.jpg
</div></div>

You know there are DI AR15 uppers/mag blocks for this, right?

Fun fact.

The owner of highpoint is aware that a good number of their firearms end up in violent crimes. So they do specific things in their manufacturing process that further aids law enforcement in identifying/matching their weapons in a crime lab. I shit you not.

Sat in a presentation for CSI type LEO's where it was discussed, the important details shown via powerpoint, with pictures, and then statistics given. Was very ingenious in a way.

Almost all guns render stria onto the case and bullet. It's a direct result of the machining processes involved in the manufacturing process and Locard's principle of transfer. A manufacturer doing this intentionally simply means it's easier and more precise to identify one to the other. Personally, I applaud him. The difference between an inconclusive analysis and a clear match can be the difference between a clear case of justice and an iffy result in a court.

My buddies all laugh but I'd put a HiPoint carbine against my Uzi or MP5's any day for relability and possibly accuracy. I never scoped one but have shot them to 50 yds open sighted and they seemd remarkably accurate. The pistols, well, that's a different story.

I owned one in 9mm, great little carbine. But, I gotta agree that they are ugly.
I would own another one, if only to find one in 40 locally.

Hi Point Thug Tested Ghetto Approved get yours today lol.

Never heard of them before.
But after some checking online, I can't find a negative review anywhere...
I see they've got them in .45 ACP with a tactical stock- for under $300! I might have to get me one...looks like a fun plinker (if you ignore the cost of .45 ammo) and a very capable home defense weapon.

Its amazing when you post pics of these how many people admit to owning them. Like fat chicks and mopeds