• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Sen. Tom Cotton Ranger claim ...

Sandhog308

Petty Officer of the Hide
Minuteman
  • May 14, 2020
    Between the Ozark and Ouachitas
    The Junior Senator from Arkansas has made claims he was a REAL bonafide Ranger instead of just earning the Ranger tab. I have always wondered why he was making that claim , when I figured he was smart enough to know the difference ?
    He turned his back on President Trump in a short minute ,wonder what else he has embellished ? He has always given me a sketchy vibe , this only confirms it for me.
    He was in the shit over in SW Asia for sure , but isn’t this a form of stolen valor ?
    PS: I know that earning a Ranger tab isn’t anything to sneeze at , but I figure members of the 75th Rangers might take exception to his claims ?

Last edited:
    I actually liked Cotton somewhat, having the feeling he isn't a super conservative and that he wasn't exactly all he said he'd be, he seemed at least better than many (Like Rubio) of which I'd lump him into. However, the way he dropped Trump completely disappointed me and now I'd take him off any 2024 POTUS list. He's got a few things correct like CHINAvirus & IRAN; but his voting is slightly left of center when it comes down to it. We can all say how great his NYT article was...but then he pretty much stabs Trump in the back (like so many).

More interesting will be if Sarah Huckabee Sanders can win the Gov race. Asa is very much a Bush family hired gun and is term limited; so it should be interesting if Bubba, Elmo, and Cletus (3 people in my Jr. high/high school had those names...I'm NOT stereotyping) can vote for a woman and who's running against her as well.

Reactions: Sandhog308
    Good question about Huckabee ? Never thought anything odd about those names , I’m a Arky too 😆 Tom has disappointed ALOT of his local and state fans , seems Tom is out for Tom , plain as can be.

Cotton picking Cotton. I don't like how he treated Trump. I don't care about the Ranger thing, it's his lack of support for my president that worries me.
    He stabbed Trump in the back no problem. If he’ll lie about being a real Ranger , what else could you believe ?
    He has been groomed to run for POTUS since the jump , even if my vote ever counted for anything again , he wouldn’t get it 👎

IMO he's a moron who's likely surrounded himself with political hacks and old-time party dinosaurs so he can advance his career. They probably advised him to say he was a Ranger because they thought it sounded badass.

His actual service record IS MORE THAN ENOUGH FOR HIM TO RUN ON!!!!!

"Cotton...served in the Army for eight years and was discharged as a captain with two commendation medals, a Bronze star and a Ranger tab..."

He didn't need to lie...

Good question about Huckabee ? Never thought anything odd about those names , I’m a Arky too 😆 Tom has disappointed ALOT of his local and state fans , seems Tom is out for Tom , plain as can be.

Yeah, imagine a politician being out for himself and not his constituents. But he's just 1 of many.

IMO he's a moron who's likely surrounded himself with political hacks and old-time party dinosaurs so he can advance his career. They probably advised him to say he was a Ranger because they thought it sounded badass.

His actual service record IS MORE THAN ENOUGH FOR HIM TO RUN ON!!!!!

"Cotton...served in the Army for eight years and was discharged as a captain with two commendation medals, a Bronze star and a Ranger tab..."

He didn't need to lie...
    I totally agree , what he actually accomplished in the Army is plenty , he didn’t need to mislead anyone. I figure he thought no one would call him out.

I must admit I have never heard of this guy before but in keeping with the OP's original question I would imagine that there have to be Rangers out there, possibly even on the Hide who can definitively say whether or not he is legit. I don't care about his political ambitions, but It would seem that others out there in the political arena do and now want to dig deeper into a possible falsehood. I read David Hackworth's book, "About Face", and he even describes how it was discovered that his Ranger tab was not properly earned, he stumbled into a Ranger unit and wound up serving with them as he described it, and they simply gave him a patch so he wore it for the rest of his career. It was something like 20 yrs. later they made this discovery. Given this Cotton's line of work now, he should know that people are just waiting for him to say or do something they can pounce on. As far as I'm concerned, anybody who has the courage to put on the uniform of one of the nation's military branches has stones. I'm just curious to see what the Ranger community has to say. In conclusion, we all know that ultimately ASGH. 😒

Reactions: Foul Mike and fx77
    Sounds like y’all still want to let the politicians police their own..
    how’s that working out for Americans so far?

On Hugh Hewitt, former commander of Ranger Regiment slams Salon for attacks on Sen. Tom Cotton. “I don’t know Senator Cotton. I mean, I’ve looked at a lot of his statements. And to your point, to my knowledge, he’s never claimed to have been in the Ranger Regiment, or one of the Ranger battalions. He’s always clearly stated he was in the 101st and the Old Guard. And he was a graduate of the Ranger school. So I think, and this is not the first time it’s come up.” You can be a graduate of the Ranger School and not be a member of the Ranger Regiment. In fact, lots and lots of people are.

Plus: ” I think, you know, if you really want to understand this, there’s one Ranger Hall of Fame, and that Ranger Hall of Fame is comprised of two different groups of people – people that served in the Ranger Regiment and the battalions, and people that are Ranger qualified. So clearly, the Rangers who created the Ranger Hall of Fame believe they’re both inside that umbrella.”

this is the guy making the statements above. He seems credible on Ranger issues...

Over a 29 - year Army career, Brigadier General Nixon served in a wide range of assignments including seven tours in special operations units. He spent over four years in combat including tours in Afghanistan and Iraq as the Director of Operations for Joint Special Operations Command and the Commander of the 75th Ranger Regiment. Following an assignment as the Director of Operations for United States Special Operations Command, he returned to Iraq as the Deputy Commanding General of 25th Infantry Division / Multi-National Division North, Iraq. Brigadier General Nixon participated in numerous contingency and combat operations including the invasion of Panama, Task Force Ranger Operations in Somalia, Operation JOINT GUARDIAN in Bosnia, and seven deployments to Afghanistan and Iraq. He is a combat decorated soldier whose awards include the Distinguished Service Medal, Silver Star, three Bronze Stars, and the Purple Heart. He has been awarded the Combat Infantryman Badge (2nd Award), Master Parachutist Badge (with Combat Jump Star) and Ranger Tab.

If u didn’t serve in he regiment u aren’t a ranger. Period.

I’ll edit this to add in light of the ranger association speaking in it. I’ll change my point of view to coincide with theirs because I believe they are far more knowledgeable than I Regarding this. I ear by default to their expert analysis on said issue. Now let’s hope this doesn’t become a school everyone goes to and the title gets watered down because now everyone is suddenly a ranger.

Last edited:
    If u didn’t serve in he regiment u aren’t a ranger. Period.
    Your statement is just dumb. Yes people like you often get very confused over between serving in Regiment and or attending Ranger School. Cotton never claimed to have served in Ranger Regiment. I graduated class 7-99...should if refrain from telling people I am Ranger qualified(the term I use) now?

Graduating from Ranger School allows one to claim Ranger status. Period. This tread is very stupid in my opinion.

Your statement is just dumb. Yes people like you often get very confused over between serving in Regiment and or attending Ranger School. Cotton never claimed to have served in Ranger Regiment. I graduated class 7-99...should if refrain from telling people I am Ranger qualified(the term I use) now?

Graduating from Ranger School allows one to claim Ranger status. Period. This tread is very stupid in my opinion.
    So graduating BUDS makes you a SEAL? Ask a SEAL that. But I was no ranger so if that’s how you feel, who am I to argue. But as a pilot, graduating IFT didn’t make you a pilot, you had to get out of the RAG.

What is stupid to you might mean a lot to others ?
    The word integrity comes to mind.
    Senator Cotton may have aspirations on becoming POTUS in 2024 !? If he states things that aren’t correct or misleading now , how could you trust him being forthright in the future ? I know Senator Cotton is a smart man. Well educated .... I know he comes from a good morally sound family. And I know he was a good and honorable soldier. If the Rangers of the 75th Rangers embrace him as a fellow Ranger , good for him ! Had enough pissing down my back and told its raining.

Reactions: Zorrosdens
    I try to make a point of saying "ranger-qualified" when talking about my own service, but most people, both in and out of the service, just don't know any better. So, they will tell their buddies or other people that I'm an Army Ranger. If someone asks if I'm an Army Ranger, I'll say, "Yeah, I'm ranger-qualified," or something similar. I will not bother to explain in great detail the difference unless asked for clarity or it becomes the explicit subject of the conversation, nor do the 99.9% of people care. In fact, I would argue that the only folks I've come across that take issue with any of it are a subset of those who specifically served in Ranger Regiment, and specifically the first 3 battalions of Ranger Regiment.

What I will not do is explicitly state that I served in a Ranger Bn, and that's despite the fact that I served in a special operations unit in Iraq doing an unconventional job normally reserved for a Ranger Bn, who were at the time being over-deployed, and were broken into platoons filling an unusual mission-set even by their standards... So, my conventional battalion filled their role within the task force. Nevertheless, that doesn't make me a Ranger in the same sense as those who served in a Ranger Bn. I think the point made above about the Ranger hall of fame including tabbed-only "Rangers" is an interesting one. I'd also make an interesting-to-me point: there are plenty who served as a real, bona fide Ranger-Battalion-assigned "Rangers" who never got the tab. There were also plenty in support roles within those Battalions who didn't do an infantry mission while assigned or attached. I remember a Supply NCO friend of mine that was assigned to a Bn for a time. They are Rangers and can rightfully call themselves such, as they served as a Ranger within a Ranger unit. Nevertheless, I take nothing away from those who served in Regiment. To the contrary, ALL the props that go their way are deserved. In general, though individual experiences vary, they have a harder life, higher OPTEMPO, more frequent deployments, a riskier mission, and they deserve to be recognized distinctly from Ranger-qualified, but otherwise conventional, Soldiers.

In Tom Cotton's case, I would cut him some slack, because I believe it's the job, or at least the current nature, of political opponents to crucify their opposition wherever possible. If Cotton made an explicit statement that he served in Ranger Regiment or Bn without actually having done so, then he deserves to be called out for lying. Otherwise, let it go... I'm pretty confident he did not misrepresent his service. The perceived misconception among civilians and even most service members is too common to worry about.

The last thing I'll leave you with is that at Ranger school they instill this creed into you to the point you can recite it from rote, and I hold it as much my creed as anyone else's, regardless of unit affiliation:

Recognizing that I volunteered as a Ranger, fully knowing the hazards of my chosen profession, I will always endeavor to uphold the prestige, honor, and high esprit de corps of the Rangers.

Acknowledging the fact that a Ranger is a more elite soldier, who arrives at the cutting edge of battle by land, sea, or air, I accept the fact that as a Ranger, my country expects me to move further, faster, and fight harder than any other Soldier.

Never shall I fail my comrades. I will always keep myself mentally alert, physically strong, and morally straight, and I will shoulder more than my share of the task, whatever it may be, one hundred percent and then some.

Gallantly will I show the world that I am a specially selected and well trained soldier. My courtesy to superior officers, neatness of dress, and care of equipment shall set the example for others to follow.

Energetically will I meet the enemies of my country. I shall defeat them on the field of battle for I am better trained and will fight with all my might. Surrender is not a Ranger word. I will never leave a fallen comrade to fall into the hands of the enemy and under no circumstances will I ever embarrass my country.

Readily will I display the intestinal fortitude required to fight on to the Ranger objective and complete the mission, though I be the lone survivor.

Last edited:
    IMO, this only causes angst among veterans. To your average civilian a Ranger Tab= Ranger, they don't understand the difference, and probably don't care. I went to Airborne School and wore jump wings, I was never assigned to an Airborne unit, to complicate things I was assigned to the 101st, it says airborne over the patch. I never try to explain that. One I don't liking talking to strangers, and two they'd just leave confused.
    Cotton is a politician, who would've guessed he's out for himself.:rolleyes:

I try to make a point of saying "ranger-qualified" when talking about my own service, but most people, both in and out of the service, just don't know any better. So, they will tell their buddies or other people that I'm an Army Ranger. If someone asks if I'm an Army Ranger, I'll say, "Yeah, I'm ranger-qualified," or something similar. I will not bother to explain in great detail the difference unless asked for clarity or it becomes the explicit subject of the conversation, nor do the 99.9% of people care. In fact, I would argue that the only folks I've come across that take issue with any of it are a subset of those who specifically served in Ranger Regiment, and specifically the first 3 battalions of Ranger Regiment.

What I will not do is explicitly state that I served in a Ranger Bn, and that's despite the fact that I served in a special operations unit in Iraq doing an unconventional job normally reserved for a Ranger Bn, who were at the time being over-deployed, and were broken into platoons filling an unusual mission-set even by their standards... So, my conventional battalion filled their role within the task force. Nevertheless, that doesn't make me a Ranger in the same sense as those who served in a Ranger Bn. I think the point made above about the Ranger hall of fame including tabbed-only "Rangers" is an interesting one. I'd also make an interesting-to-me point: there are plenty who served as a real, bona fide Ranger-Battalion-assigned "Rangers" who never got the tab. There were also plenty in support roles within those Battalions who didn't do an infantry mission while assigned or attached. I remember a Supply NCO friend of mine that was assigned to a Bn for a time. They are Rangers and can rightfully call themselves such, as they served as a Ranger within a Ranger unit. Nevertheless, I take nothing away from those who served in Regiment. To the contrary, ALL the props that go their way are deserved. In general, though individual experiences vary, they have a harder life, higher OPTEMPO, more frequent deployments, a riskier mission, and they deserve to be recognized distinctly from Ranger-qualified, but otherwise conventional, Soldiers.

In Tom Cotton's case, I would cut him some slack, because I believe it's the job, or at least the current nature, of political opponents to crucify their opposition wherever possible. If Cotton made an explicit statement that he served in Ranger Regiment or Bn without actually having done so, then he deserves to be called out for lying. Otherwise, let it go... I'm pretty confident he did not misrepresent his service. The perceived misconception among civilians and even most service members is too common to worry about.

The last thing I'll leave you with is that at Ranger school they instill this creed into you to the point you can recite it from rote, and I hold it as much my creed as anyone else's, regardless of unit affiliation:
    In all honesty your observations are pretty spot on. I shouldn’t have said anything as I have no dog in this fight. But it’s not the first time I maybe stepped on my Dick and not the last. But graduating a school does not one make, especially in my example. I think ranger qualified is a great way to explain it. But fuck Tom cotton. He’s a war monger.

• Haha
    Reactions: Praetorian_6

Great information and words ! I think Senator Cotton got caught up in thinking people wouldn’t know the difference between earning a Ranger tab and being a 75th Regiment Ranger ? And he ran with it. A 2012 campaign ad showed a screen shoot identifying “ Tom Cotton“ on one line and “Army Ranger“ below that.
    In a October 2014 campaign ad he states “ I made tough decisions as an Army Ranger in Iraq” ....I‘ll make them again as your Senator.
    I guess he was just stretching the truth ?

Reactions: fx77
    Jeez.....I bet we could hit 100+ personnel with a dead cat that we could nit pick their "badges and tabs" apart in an instant. Mostly in leadership positions........see the trend???????????

So you are gonna trust the media to quote him correctly ?

They give a pass to Blumenthal over his verified lies, but Cotton, he is a bad guy that needs to be canceled

I would not take a single word in print as a statement of fact, unless you have him on video saying it, it's probably their screw up.

IMO, this only causes angst among veterans. To your average civilian a Ranger Tab= Ranger, they don't understand the difference, and probably don't care. I went to Airborne School and wore jump wings, I was never assigned to an Airborne unit, to complicate things I was assigned to the 101st, it says airborne over the patch. I never try to explain that. One I don't liking talking to strangers, and two they'd just leave confused.
    Cotton is a politician, who would've guessed he's out for himself.:rolleyes:
    I agree , nobody really cares and that sucks ! You went to Airborne School , jumped out of a airplane and earned your jump wings ! No need to embellish that ! You are Airborne with a set of steel balls 👍 Hand Salute !

Reactions: HeavyAssault
    So you are gonna trust the media to quote him correctly ?

They give a pass to Blumenthal over his verified lies, but Cotton, he is a bad guy that needs to be canceled

I would not take a single word in print as a statement of fact, unless you have him on video saying it, it's probably their screw up.
    I saw some of his ads on local TV while he was running for office. He claims he was a Army Ranger. To someone that might not know the difference, the words go right through their ears and out.
    I don’t trust anything I hear and less than 1/2 what I see. Tom is a good person , with good intentions I hope. I‘m not saying he is a bad guy at all , just wished he wouldn’t mislead what he actually did.

At this rate we should be happy there are still guys that served in politics..

I mean Its not like they are grabbing women from behind a bar or from underneath their brother/husband to put into politics yet.. on second thought..

So graduating BUDS makes you a SEAL? Ask a SEAL that. But I was no ranger so if that’s how you feel, who am I to argue. But as a pilot, graduating IFT didn’t make you a pilot, you had to get out of the RAG.

BUD/S and SEAL are two different things.

I agree , nobody really cares and that sucks ! You went to Airborne School , jumped out of a airplane and earned your jump wings ! No need to embellish that ! You are Airborne with a set of steel balls 👍 Hand Salute !
    I'm also terrified of heights! Lol!

Reactions: HeavyAssault
    Again,

Political ads are written and recorded by 3rd parties you are splitting hairs based on statements from others not directly from him, some idiots knows he went to Ranger schools and calls him an Army Ranger, oh my fucking god, let's arrest every single Mom of every person who went to Ranger School, cause I am sure MOM called him a Ranger at least once.

A political ad, you saw one and it wasn't "termed" correctly - wow alert the media you have a scoop

Fucking tools everything is not affront against our personhood, who gives a FUCK

People from overseas call me a Master Sniper because they use that term, we don't, do you think I go around correcting them over the use of it ... in their mind it fits, in our mind we never consider it

This is what you are wasting time over ... pathetic is a word

I can see the confusion from people who never been exposed to Ranger Tab vs Ranger Battalion. I used to workwith a guy who claimed he was special forces. His hook was as a reservist he completed jump school. And in his mind earning those jump wings was the same as completing Green Beret training. Which we all looked at him funny since he only did four years enlisted as a reservist and his highest award for that time is the National Defense Service Medal. But I learned from the times I worked with the Army that to claim you were a Ranger is you had to be in the Regiment/Battalion to earn the Ranger title.

Now I was TACON to the 506th PIR when I was in Iraq. Even earned the 101st combat patch because of it. But I have never jumped out of a plane. Or claimed to be part of their club. But as a Navy guy, it is cool to have their patches.

After a little Google-fu, much of the noise comes from a Salon article:

"Cotton told the Hot Springs Sentinel-Record in February 2012: "My experience as a U.S. Army Ranger in Iraq and Afghanistan and my experience in business will put me in very good condition." The year before, he told Roby Brock of Talk Politics in a video interview that he "became an infantry officer and an Army Ranger."

"Reached for comment, Cotton spokesperson Caroline Tabler told Salon in an email, "Senator Cotton graduated from Ranger school and is more of a Ranger than a Salon reporter like you will ever be."

Again, dude served in the Army for eight years and was discharged as a captain with two commendation medals, a Bronze star and a Ranger tab. Those are legit and unchallenged achievements.

Once you step into the world of politics optics and details matter, so this was definitely a slip/mis-calcualtion.

All you doing is feeding into the Left's talking point that Cotton committed Sedition for questioning the legitimacy of the Elections

They want to Cancel Cotton and this is they're "IN" and you are feeding them.

The spin is, questioning the election in any form is sedition, and playing out this narrative they want to prove it by claiming everything Cotton says is a Lie... the Election was not Stole, Mishandled, or fraudulent, it was perfect, how do we know Cotton is a Liar.

you just added your two cents to the Conservatives are Liars Fund

Reactions: Bender and fx77
    FYI,

This was started and written by a wealthy liberal out of San Fran who runs an "Investigative" agency with no website that is used by NYT, WaPo et al for very specific investigative journalism articles that don't actually come from reporters

Here is the Source of the Articles and Accusations

In fact, I would argue that the only folks I've come across that take issue with any of it are a subset of those who specifically served in Ranger Regiment, and specifically the first 3 battalions of Ranger Regiment.

I think the point made above about the Ranger hall of fame including tabbed-only "Rangers" is an interesting one. I'd also make an interesting-to-me point: there are plenty who served as a real, bona fide Ranger-Battalion-assigned "Rangers" who never got the tab.
    A guy I work with was a Ranger with 3rd Bat. He was a part of "Task Force Ranger" and was an unfortunate participant in "the lost convoy". He passed RIP, but never passed Ranger school. In the famous picture of Task Force Ranger, he is the one sitting on top of the HUMMV on the right with his arm on the .50cal.

To your well made point quoted above...I'd say he is a perfect example of a "Ranger" that never even passed the school.

1611617061251.png

A guy I work with was a Ranger with 3rd Bat. He was a part of "Task Force Ranger" and was an unfortunate participant in "the lost convoy". He passed RIP, but never passed Ranger school. In the famous picture of Task Force Ranger, he is the one sitting on top of the HUMMV on the right with his arm on the .50cal.

To your well made point quoted above...I'd say he is a perfect example of a "Ranger" that never even passed the school.

View attachment 7537655
    Great photo of Brave Men .....

Reactions: sgtsmmiii
    All you doing is feeding into the Left's talking point that Cotton committed Sedition for questioning the legitimacy of the Elections

They want to Cancel Cotton and this is they're "IN" and you are feeding them.

The spin is, questioning the election in any form is sedition, and playing out this narrative they want to prove it by claiming everything Cotton says is a Lie... the Election was not Stole, Mishandled, or fraudulent, it was perfect, how do we know Cotton is a Liar.

you just added your two cents to the Conservatives are Liars Fund
    Honestly, I think they are mad that he didn't go all in with Cruz and Hawley, and that makes him a hell of a lot harder to cancel with a quick label like "sedition." He played that whole scenario quite intelligently, which makes him more dangerous. Just my .02.

And wearing a ranger tab means you went to a course......same as me doing 7ths group MAR-OPS course, doesn't make me SF.....

We always laughed at the guys who wear a ranger tab amd are in admin or like most officers who are offered the course and then their hands are held all the way through it.

Enlisted guy makes a mistake= gone
    Officer makes a mistake= 200 more chances.

Just like those two female officers who WERE literally hand walked through that course. Ask me how I know when they had 3 restarts in the Florida phase alone.

Doc

I have a stethoscope and a white coat.

I would get called Dr all the time.
    Now I work at home in blue jeans and a sweatshirt. And get called old by an almost 9 yr old.

And I found it strange that @Doc68 asked me over breakfast one time about checking his prostate.
    No bloody marys or mimosas (sure sign he wanted the hand on each shoulder check).
    Anyways, he is a good guy either way. We just dont go camping!
    He musta spent some time with those Navy guys....

So what was all this whining about?
    Oh yeah, fake news and politicians. The real debate is who lies more?

• Haha
    Reactions: MtnCreek and Doc68
    Serious question here because I truly don't know....why do Soldiers go to Ranger school, and then not serve in Ranger Battalions or Regiments or whatever? Ranger tab does NOT equal Ranger?

What's the point of just wearing a tab? I don't see the USMC sending Motor-T "wooks" to Scout/Sniper School just because.

Is the Tab school different from the school that puts you in an actual Ranger BN? Just curious.

Serious question here because I truly don't know....why do Soldiers go to Ranger school, and then not serve in Ranger Battalions or Regiments or whatever? Ranger tab does NOT equal Ranger?

What's the point of just wearing a tab? I don't see the USMC sending Motor-T "wooks" to Scout/Sniper School just because.

Is the Tab school different from the school that puts you in an actual Ranger BN? Just curious.
    Ranger school is a leadership course. You aren't just evaluated on task accomplishment, you are evaluated on leadership style and ability to motivate and lead your peers.

Being in Ranger Regiment means that you live and breathe and train for the job of being a Ranger literally every day of your life while you are there. It is your reason for being. Passing the "Ranger Indoctrination Program" (RIP) is the doorway to being an actual Ranger, and you only get that in the regiment.

A soldier who goes through the school, but does not serve in the regiment gets a glimpse, but then goes back to wherever he came from.

Imagine a tourist visiting one of the worlds most beautiful destinations and goes back home changed forever...then contrast that with the people who actually live their lives in that same spot.

Last edited by a moderator:

It looks good on officer evaluation reports. A ranger scroll means you served in regiment.

It's kinda like being awarded a bronze star for a deployment because of your rank versus earning one for valor. We all in the service look at those without a Valor device as a joke.

My old CO was awarded a bronze star, an O3(CPT) for a 9 month rotation to Germany that had left our unit with a lot of black eyes(lots of UCMJ actions).

Such a joke.

But then my medic who lost a foot and ended up pulling two guys out of a burning vehicle in Afghanistan after an IED strike was denied one, because he was just doing his job.......

Doc

I have a stethoscope and a white coat.

I would get called Dr all the time.
    Now I work at home in blue jeans and a sweatshirt. And get called old by an almost 9 yr old.

And I found it strange that @Doc68 asked me over breakfast one time about checking his prostate.
    No bloody marys or mimosas (sure sign he wanted the hand on each shoulder check).
    Anyways, he is a good guy either way. We just dont go camping!
    He musta spent some time with those Navy guys....

So what was all this whining about?
    Oh yeah, fake news and politicians. The real debate is who lies more?

Navy gay, eh?
    The year I was attached to the Army I loved that line. All I had to do was grab the latest Army Times, turn to the 'Don't Ask/Don't Tell' violators page. The typical amount of troops kicked out that week was something like Navy+Marines+Air Force = 1/2(Army). And after the 82nd had a dozen or more soldiers busted for performing on a live gay web channel, yeah... The nAvY is GhEy jokes stopped.

It's a leadership school. There is no school per say to enter the RGR RGT...it's an assessment activity called RASP. PFCs/SPC who survive their first year or two are usually selected to attend Ranger School.

Reactions: earthquake