• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Sendero Contour and heat

Southern Custom

Master Engraver
Minuteman
  • I’m curious about Sendero contour barrels. I’m shooting a Bergara HMR Pro right now and while it’s a heavy contour, it’s still a bit light by most custom long range comp rifle standards. So I just picked up a new Brux tube in 6mm Creed from another SH member in Sendero Contour so I’ll have a new barrel at the ready and not have to wait on Bergara when it’s time to rebarrel. It’s .830 at the muzzle. .9something at the breech.
    My question is what kind of shot string volume can I expect to be able to shoot before I need to shut down to cool off. I know from experience with the Bergara which is #6 Lightweight Target -about .750” , that I can run a 8-10 shot string before I let the barrel cool. I’m about to start shooting a local 600yd precision field rifle match and I’m hoping this new barrel will suffice for now.

Your factory bergara barrel and a Brux are an apples to oranges comparison. Other than torching the throat prematurely, you don’t have to concern yourself in the slightest with barrel heat during precision rifle firing schedules.

Your factory bergara barrel and a Brux are an apples to oranges comparison. Other than torching the throat prematurely, you don’t have to concern yourself in the slightest with barrel heat during precision rifle firing schedules.
    Glad to hear this. I’m already getting sub .3 MOA groups regularly with the Bergara. .5 is routine. Any improvement on that and I’m a happy shooter. Any improvement in consistency and I’ll be thrilled.

Glad to hear this. I’m already getting sub .3 MOA groups regularly with the Bergara. .5 is routine. Any improvement on that and I’m a happy shooter. Any improvement in consistency and I’ll be thrilled.
    You’re gonna love your new barrel. You might as well put it on and save the factory barrel in case of an emergency.

Reactions: Southern Custom