• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Sending Stock Back To H.S Precision For Repaint

ncyotecaller

Private
Supporter
Minuteman
May 10, 2009
McLeansville, NC
Has anybody ever sent a stock back to H.S Precision to have it repainted a different color. I am looking to maybe send mine which is plain black back and have one of the camo patterns put on it. I was just wondering if someone had done it how it turned out.

Re: Sending Stock Back To H.S Precision For Repaint

I just had one done that also had the but pad messed up...Went with olive green and black webbing....this thing looks brand new....i say it was well worth it and you can get other studs installed also...just call and talk to the guys there they are great to work with.

They quoted me $98.50 for the standard colors and just said the camo colors were more.

Also had one redone-new pad and paint-quick turn around-very reasonable price. barry

If I had another stud installed for a bipod would they know where to install it or do I have to give them a measurment from the original one to put it. I'm just wondering is it a standard length for all tactical stocks with dual front studs.

Have you thought of do-it-yourself. This cost me around $20 and two days of down time plus a lot of fun. The color is washed out in the photo. I added a Limbsaver pad too that HS wanted $75 to install.

Rifle3.jpg

Rifle2.jpg

The only problem with me painting it myself is that I live in an apartment so having a good place to paint it is out. Plus I would rather pay a little more to have the factory do it since I am by no means artistic. I have seen some home paint jobs that would rival or beat any factory job though!

I have a Savage LRPV with the factory black H&S Precision and am thinking it would look good in olive green with black webbing. I went to H&S's website to look at this color however the picture quality is not very good. Does anyone have this color combination they could post?

Thanks

Re: Sending Stock Back To H.S Precision For Repain

Take it to a motorcycle painter or an auto body guy to paint. Its not magic for them.