• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Movie Theater "Sensative" movies that don't suck

schiaa

Sergeant
Minuteman
Mar 4, 2010
Minneapolis Metro, MN
They're few and far between, but three winners are:

1. Marley and Me
2. Forrest Gump
3. Soul Surfer

The first two are classics, and the third is a new release that I just saw. It was really good, plus it had plenty of bikinis on the beach
wink.gif

Re: "Sensative" movies that don't suck

Erin Brocovitch
Screwed
My Dog Skip

The original Alien .I really wanted to like the Alien as he was cleaning the ship of humans I think he really was likable
and I felt hurt at the end of the movie when he was jettisoned
into space.

Bridesmaids - I laughed my a$$ off

+1's for "Gattaca" and "Seven Pounds"
Also, "A River Runs Through It", "Twin Falls Idaho", "Taking Chance",

I love The Color Purple, nothing better than Opra and Whoopi both getting beat, break out the Cheetos and tissues!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: slowkota</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Seven Pounds </div></div>

My wife was so pissed that I took her to see it (the original reason was my friend's computer generated Box Jellyfish), but the film surprised me and resonated quite deeply. The more I thought about our completely different reactions the more I realized that veterans have an affinity for stories of sacrifice that yoga instructors seem to lack.
wink.gif

+1 for Blind Side
Sound of Music is one I like to watch with the family and then Little House on the Prairie is another one we watch-sure beats the "family" shows of today I think.

Shrek the third
Date Night
Two Week's Notice
The perfect Storm
Roxanne
The Curious Case of Benjamin Button
Scent of a Woman
Gran Torino
A Good Year
The Valet
Click

Gross point blank
High fidelity
Pushing Tin
Million dollar baby
Chasing Amy
My blue heaven
"UP" that entire silent opening scene of them growing old together. Don't think I have ever had 3-5 min of a movie make me question my life decisions that much, let alone 5min of silent animation.

"Hachi, A dog's tale".
The one with Richard Gere. try not to weep like a little girl. I love/hate this movie because it makes me feel like a sissy.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 427Cobra</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I love The Color Purple, nothing better than Opra and Whoopi both getting beat, break out the Cheetos and tissues! </div></div>

This made my day.

I watched "Creation" last night and was really impressed. The story centers around the year leading up to Charles Darwin publishing "On the Origin of Species" and the difficulties he endured leading up to it. He'd spent nearly 20 years developing his scientific theory of evolution and the implications had tortured him psychologically, driving a huge wedge between himself, his community and his family most of all. It's a rather complex emotional story that deals with the loss of a child, faith and belief at odds with scientific evidence.

Seeing Darwin as a human being struggling this way, instead of being cast as some kind of evil person out to destroy christianity, made me empathize with him. His relationship with his oldest daughter and her loss is enough to transition from smiles and laughter to tears.

Sensitive, and doesn't suck.

It's available on Netflix...
http://www.netflix.com/Movie/Creation/70121931

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Donttrytorun</div><div class="ubbcode-body">"Hachi, A dog's tale".
The one with Richard Gere. try not to weep like a little girl. I love/hate this movie because it makes me feel like a sissy. </div></div>

wow Hachiko bravo sir

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Dogtown</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I watched "Creation" last night and was really impressed. The story centers around the year leading up to Charles Darwin publishing "On the Origin of Species" and the difficulties he endured leading up to it. He'd spent nearly 20 years developing his scientific theory of evolution and the implications had tortured him psychologically, driving a huge wedge between himself, his community and his family most of all. It's a rather complex emotional story that deals with the loss of a child, faith and belief at odds with scientific evidence.

Seeing Darwin as a human being struggling this way, instead of being cast as some kind of evil person out to destroy christianity, made me empathize with him. His relationship with his oldest daughter and her loss is enough to transition from smiles and laughter to tears.

Sensitive, and doesn't suck.

It's available on Netflix...
http://www.netflix.com/Movie/Creation/70121931 </div></div>

will watch

Leaving Las Vegas, bought the soundtrack too....

Teaser;
Warning, sexual content
<object width="425" height="350"> <param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/EoW9icvlB5s"></param> <param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param> <embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/EoW9icvlB5s" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"> </embed></object>

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: ssgp2</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Leaving Las Vegas, bought the soundtrack too....

Teaser;
Warning, sexual content
<object width="425" height="350"> <param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/EoW9icvlB5s"></param> <param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param> <embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/EoW9icvlB5s" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"> </embed></object> </div></div> Another one of those movies that I will only watch once. Too sad for me. I mean come on, drank himself to death. I don`t want to see that again.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Clark</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Razor's Edge
Tender Mercies
Nacho Libre </div></div>

Razor's Edge. Didnt know anyone else had seen that. I saw the one with Bill Murray. Real switch for him and he really pulled it off well. It was done years befoe, i think with Tyrone Power.

"Arise, awake, and learn by approaching the exalted ones, for that path is sharp as a razor’s edge, impassable, and hard to go by, say the wise." Katha Upanishads

Thats a mouthfull.

Also try Francis Ford Coppella's <span style="text-decoration: underline">Dracula </span>

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: COURAGEWOLF</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Donttrytorun</div><div class="ubbcode-body">"Hachi, A dog's tale".
The one with Richard Gere. try not to weep like a little girl. I love/hate this movie because it makes me feel like a sissy. </div></div>

wow Hachiko bravo sir</div></div>
I guess you've seen it.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Big Bo</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: ssgp2</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Leaving Las Vegas, bought the soundtrack too....

Teaser;
Warning, sexual content
<object width="425" height="350"> <param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/EoW9icvlB5s"></param> <param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param> <embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/EoW9icvlB5s" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"> </embed></object> </div></div> Another one of those movies that I will only watch once. Too sad for me. I mean come on, drank himself to death. I don`t want to see that again. </div></div>

Look at the bright side, no hangover...
wink.gif

Jeremiah Johnson.

Bear Claw: "You've come far Pilgrim."
Johnson: "Feels like far."
Bear Claw: "Were it worth the trouble?"
Johnson: "What trouble?"