• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Suppressors Sent my Form 4 Certified return receipt requested = no receipt after 2 weeks

minn_wild1

Pirate
Minuteman
Feb 15, 2017
I hope I didn't screw up by sending in my Form 4 by certified mail with a return receipt. I sent the LEO copy on the same day and got the receipt back 4 days later. It's been 16 days since I mailed them and the USPS tracking says that it is still in route. I'm wondering if the ATF will sign for it. Has anyone else sent theirs with the return receipt request?

From everything I’ve heard, anything with signature confirmation will be returned as undeliverable. I send mine Priority Express and waive the signature requirement. That will tell you when it’s collected from the PO Box.

For some reason them government types hate to sign for anything. I would wait till after the holidays and check again, they will get to it...

I hope I didn't screw up by sending in my Form 4 by certified mail with a return receipt. I sent the LEO copy on the same day and got the receipt back 4 days later. It's been 16 days since I mailed them and the USPS tracking says that it is still in route. I'm wondering if the ATF will sign for it. Has anyone else sent theirs with the return receipt request?

I did and was signed for in about 3 days via certified letter, and got the approval in 3 months.

I'm looking to do this for an SBR. Should I do it on my own or use the local gunshop?

Well this might set things back....
tracking.jpg

Has the ATF decided to use another office in Portland?

Reactions: HansohnBrothers
Yes, form 4s need to be sent to Portland.
Unfortunately, my dealer filled out the paperwork and sent it to me with the mailing address already on the forms. That was the only thing I didn't triple check for accuracy and it got me.... Damn....