• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Suppressors Sent my paper work in April, they don't have it......

sch2046

Sergeant
Minuteman
Jan 19, 2011
Sunbury, OH
I called to see how much longer, I mailed my forms on April 4. They said no record of my paperwork, I call my bank, check not cashed......I just waited 6 months for nothing.

Look for the check to be cashed within a week or two after they get you paper work. My last one was cashed 13 days after I sent it off. Sorry you have to wait all over. I sent mine registered just for a little peace of mind. After the check was cashed it took another six months for the stamp to arrive.

Always send it registered mail and always keep track of when the check clears your bank. I have a form 1 from April and a form 4 from May out there and I guess I'll be waiting a while longer. Here it is taking 9 months now (that was just b4 the shut down too).

OMG! This is horrible. I sent mine back in April as well. You sent your forms yourself? I use SilencerShop since everything seemed simple on their website. They did alllllll the paperwork all I did was provide them with my Trust. I also got them to write a check out for the tax stamp. It was my first time purchasing a suppressor as well and I didn't want to mess up anything. 2-3 weeks later I got an email from SilencerShop that the check was cashed and steps on how to check my status with the ATF. I recommend you use them for your next buy. This is like hearing someone's dog died it's so sad =(

... I sent mine back in April as well. ... I use SilencerShop since everything seemed simple on their website. ... I also got them to write a check out for the tax stamp. It was my first time purchasing a suppressor ... 2-3 weeks later I got an email from SilencerShop that the check was cashed ...

Mike, my experience parallels yours up to the point where you got the check cashed email 2-3 weeks later. I went to the Silencer Shop in early April with my trust and cash in hand. They filed the paperwork and wrote a check for me. Next communication I got was from the Silencer Shop stating that the BATF said "my" check had bounced. Turns out the BATF lost the check that the SS sent, and because the BATF had no payment, they threw away my application. SS resent everything that day, but that little snafu delayed my pending date to August 28th. So, the suppressor I thought I might have in time for Xmas (that was before the .gov shutdown) won't be released from BATF jail until probably June of next year.

I feel your pain, gents.

Mike, my experience parallels yours up to the point where you got the check cashed email 2-3 weeks later. I went to the Silencer Shop in early April with my trust and cash in hand. They filed the paperwork and wrote a check for me. Next communication I got was from the Silencer Shop stating that the BATF said "my" check had bounced. Turns out the BATF lost the check that the SS sent, and because the BATF had no payment, they threw away my application. SS resent everything that day, but that little snafu delayed my pending date to August 28th. So, the suppressor I thought I might have in time for Xmas (that was before the .gov shutdown) won't be released from BATF jail until probably June of next year.

I feel your pain, gents.

Wow, I don't understand how they lost your check. That sounds just as painful as well. These are my dates listed. So you can kind of see where mine stands. I called a month or two just to get a status and they told me the pending date again and expected turn around time was not until March 2014. So I can see where you got the June of next year which kind of aligns up with what I have. I just tried to call to see if I can get an update for after Gov. Shutdown to see how much effect it had but the line is busy so go figure. What did you order?

Form 4 Individual TBAC 30BA
Sent:04/15/13
Check cashed:04/15/2013
Pending:06/24/2013
Approval:............

Form 4 Trust YHM Ti Phantom 7.62
Sent: 4-9-2013 (this is the original payment the BATF lost about which they sent the error letter more than two months later)
Resent: 6-24-2013
Pending: 8-28-2013
Approved: BATF estimate in early September was May of 2014; I assume that's now no earlier than June

I called to see how much longer, I mailed my forms on April 4. They said no record of my paperwork, I call my bank, check not cashed......I just waited 6 months for nothing.

They started using ECH so that the check will not look as if it is cashed. You have to verify if funds were withdrawn from your account. There have been instances before where they couldn't locate paperwork because the serial number was put in incorrectly.