• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Sent SRO for warranty. Got different SRO back with same serial #

Sogan

Sergeant
Minuteman
Jun 11, 2013
Does this make sense to anyone?

I had a like new Trijicon SRO that stopped turning on. I sent it back to Trijicon for warranty work and just got “it” back. I say “it” because it has the same serial number but is not even remotely in the same condition as when I shipped it out.

It is beat up and the glass appears to be delaminating. The different pictures and lighting could be what’s causing this but If you look at the serial numbers (top is it prior to sending out and bottom is the returned one) it is obvious that the 4,8 and 0 are all different. The most obvious being the 4. I also have no idea what the green shit is all over it. I sent an email but wanted to make sure I’m not crazy first.

It may work but that’s not the point here. It’s not the same condition at all and more importantly it feels like shady business practices are taking place.

6E7A46AC-710D-4FAA-8022-EEEECE8DD2CB.jpeg

Attachments

• DC6C311E-76E0-41CF-ADA2-6200E5CCF313.jpeg
    DC6C311E-76E0-41CF-ADA2-6200E5CCF313.jpeg
    724.3 KB · Views: 176
  • 4EB298D7-9B64-4F88-ABC4-E9879F1CDBF6.jpeg
    4EB298D7-9B64-4F88-ABC4-E9879F1CDBF6.jpeg
    708.1 KB · Views: 181
  • F5EC0850-015E-4FEC-BDD4-78BC8699F304.jpeg
    F5EC0850-015E-4FEC-BDD4-78BC8699F304.jpeg
    704.9 KB · Views: 195
Last edited:
  • Wow
Reactions: Red343
Internal thing. That serial is "bound" to your account. Is also known to be a replacement unit.

Pure speculation, but I've seen companies in a completely non-gun industry do that. Makes sense this may be happening.

Reactions: Jefe's Dope
If your original one wasn't worth fixing, they likely just replaced it.

It's normal for companies to issue refurbished units for in-warranty replacements, at least for the internals anyway.

The one you got however, appears to be a demo unit of some sort with some wear.

I'd assume they'll make it better (ie: send you another replacement) if you're not happy.

Internal thing. That serial is "bound" to your account. Is also known to be a replacement unit.

Pure speculation, but I've seen companies in a completely non-gun industry do that. Makes sense this may be happening.
Interesting. So you're saying for tracking purposes, they make/assemble/refurb (or whatever) an effectively new/different SRO and log the work such that it "counts as" the returned item?

Instead of creating a new product for circulation, they "refurbished" it. Basically had a new one on the shelf, blank and ready to go.
Again, totally different industry, and they did it for T&E, which could take several weeks to find the exact cause, and they send a new one while they are investigating.

Means for faster turn around, and happy customers. I could be completely wrong, but it how I've seen it happen.

Is that the product code, or batch code (SKU) and not actually a serial ?

Received another RMA and shipping label, however even after asking several times they will not tell me what the resolution is. I sent it back with a letter and am asking them to contact me before mailing anything back. This is getting ridiculous and my views on Trijicon and slowly souring but hoping this gets resolved this time around

Looks like the same chip/dent/mar in same location in both pics. 🤔🤔

View attachment 7667553
Agreed. With drastically different marks everywhere else. I think it’s the same optic. However it showed up almost completely clean to Trijicon and left there like it was used through two shooting classes and rolling around in rocks.

Reactions: A&8's
I'd slap it on and roll with it if it works right.

But then I'm all about function and couldn't give two shits about appearances.

I'd slap it on and roll with it if it works right.

But then I'm all about function and couldn't give two shits about appearances.
Honestly I couldn’t either. Mine is beaten in and still kicks. However, it’s my dads and he loses it if the battery tray gets a mark on it.

But truthfully, at this point it’s just principle. If you get a like new optic sent in to you, how the fuck do you send it back in a totally different state? I honestly am super curious how that even happens.

Anyways, we will see what Trijicon says for the second time and go from there

I'm going to play the devil's advocate here.

The housing is different. That mark may be from a manufacturing point, when the rubber button is installed, or the electronics are installed. They look different.

Also the serial numbers in relation to the QR code look different.

If it works, just roll with it. I'm with @308pirate on this. Yes you are unhappy with the service, I get that, however if it DOES work, move on.

I also agree with you that the glass should NOT be delaminating, and it should have been cleaned as part of the service, not made green / dirtier.