• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Separate or Combined Rangefinder Binoculars

kornface13

Private
Minuteman
Dec 13, 2017
Colorado
I want a rangefinder and some new binos for PRS/NRL. Originally I was pretty set on the Leica 3200.com, but I don't really care about the ballistic calcualtor (at least I think I don't I do), so I keep looking at other things. I can't tell how much of a downgrade the newer Leica Geovid-R 10x42 is, but maybe it's the way to go? Of course that spiraled to other things and theres also the Meopta Meopro Optika 10x42 with laser rangefinder.

As I was bouncing around between those, I realized maybe I want 12x and should separate these two devices. Now I can't stop looking at the Maven B6 12x50 + their RF1 rangefinder.

I'm coming from no rangerfinder and a pair of Simmons 10x binoculars that I think I got for free with a riflescope or soemthing so pretty much any of these are going to be fantastic I think. Does anyone have any experience with any of these and have a recommendation?

I think you need to hold out for the new vectronix binos.

Combined is awesome, until you have to send in for service. If you don't have backup options for either, you'll be without both for the duration.
I had the Leica Geovid 15x. The rangefinder went out and required a 5 month vacation to Germany for repairs. They did, however, fix and service them at no charge.
That being said, I'll probably get a set of the Vector-X at some point in the near future, but keep the Terrapin X and bino setup I'm currently using.

I've got an old set of Bushnell 10x binos, and I've purposely held off buying a new set because I want the LRF built in

Reactions: kornface13
I have the 10x32 geovid pros and nl pure 12x42’s. The nl’s obviously have better glass and get the nod for glassing for coues deer. The geovids have good glass and upgraded to the full ab suite. So far everything lines up for my 223ai and 25 creed. Really nice to range and get a firing solution all in one

I have the 10x32 geovid pros and nl pure 12x42’s. The nl’s obviously have better glass and get the nod for glassing for coues deer. The geovids have good glass and upgraded to the full ab suite. So far everything lines up for my 223ai and 25 creed. Really nice to range and get a firing solution all in one
We've got a demo Leica Geovid Pro 10x32 Binocular for only $2,299.99

I don't think for PRS that a combined unit is necessary at all.

However, if you hunt, shoot NRL Hunter or Competition Dynamic competitions, then a combined unit would be very handy.