• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Sept 25-27 Precision Rifle @ YRC - Billings, MT

treebasher

Sergeant
Minuteman
Mar 29, 2009
Billings, MT
I am trying to help put together a group of people to attend a Precision/Hunting Rifle course in September at the Yellowstone Rifle Club right outside of Billings, MT.

Let's to get the word out so that this course happens, I really want to take it
laugh.gif

Pat has to have at least eight people in the class to make it happen, any less and he can't justify the plane tickets to MT, etc. Also he limits the number of people to twelve so that everyone get's plenty of personal instruction.

If you have ever taken a course from Pat you will know that he is an excellent instructor and your shooting skills will improve dramatically.

This is a field course so he will have your blood pumping and put you under stress, safely of course.

Pat's contact information is below if you have any questions about the course.

If you need help finding a place to stay feel free to contact me here on the Hide or [email protected]

One last thing, Pat has to have all of the slots reserved by the first week of September. You can get the application here.

Thanks!

----------------------------------------

Hunting/Precision Rifle Course - (24 Hours, 300 Rounds)

Pat Goodale Practical Firearm Training (PFT)

Yellowstone Rifle Club - Billings, MT

September 25-27, 2009

PFT will be offering a three day course for hunters, which is essentially field courses adapted from Precision Rifle specifically for centerfire rifle hunters. This course provides a thorough exposure to precision/hunting rifle use, beginning with fundamentals of safety, manipulation, rifle theory, marksmanship, zeroing, firing positions, and field shooting. Most shooting is at reasonable distances (25-250 yards), however long range (300-600 yards) shooting is taught and expected. The course stresses fast but accurate shooting from field-expedient positions (snap shooting, kneeling, sitting, and prone positions) both offhand and slung, or while using bipods / shooting sticks, and from improvised rests including isometric body positions, backpacks, and trees or other steady improvised rests. The course includes introduction to ballistics and ammunition, range and wind estimation, achieving a good zero, and other material specifically relevant to the rifle hunter.

Class size must be a minimum of 8 shooters and a maximum of 12 shooters.

A scoped precision rifle or hunting rifle capable of reasonable accuracy is required; 3" group at 100 yards maximum.

Cost: $450 ($150 per 8 hour training day, 3 day course)

http://www.pgpft.com/Default.htm

Pat Goodale: 406.690.3263 (mobile/Blackberry)

Email: [email protected]

Rifle Course: Equipment Recommendations

* Suitable rifle with sling or carry strap (bipod optional). [Note: Some rifles are available for rent in limited numbers by prior arrangement. The cost is generally $50 per day. Call for more information.]
* Ammunition, 300 to 350+ rounds
* Magazine carriers / ammunition belt, pouch, or butt-cuff
* Three magazines are recommended for detachable magazine type rifles
* Light Pack or Range Bag
* Cleaning Kit
* Eye and Ear Protection (Both tinted and clear lenses are useful)
* Clothing suitable for the weather
* Rugged shoes or boots
* Cap with a brim
* Lunch / Drinks / Snacks
* Binoculars (optional, but useful) or spotting scope
* Notebook / Data Book for shot recording
* Optional comfort items (rain gear, camera, sunscreen, knee/elbow pads, etc.)

Re: Sept 25-27 Precision Rifle @ YRC - Billings, MT

Brian
The notification came from MSSA for your proposed event. I hope it works out and people take advantage of this opportunity you are trying to develop.

Aug ><>

Aug I am glad to hear that the word is getting out.

Anyone interested please feel free to contact Pat or myself.

To get a feeler how many of you have an interest in this course, even if you wouldn't be able to attend?

Also, what do you all think about the curriculum?

Thanks!

Sounds like a lot of fun. Is the 3-day precision rifle course also $450? That's a lot more than I can swing right now. Plus I don't think I could dedicate all 3 days on a weekend either. Maybe during the week if I had enough of a heads-up. Just not at that price right now.

Hey John n Tree-WaltHer here-I'm Billings area also, I'm gonna have to pass on this event, but maybe I'll see you at Adv. hndgun in October?