• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Sept Rayners Long Range Rifle Match *OHIO*

Goin'Hot

Gunny Sergeant
Minuteman
Nov 14, 2008
Central, Ohio
Sept 26th (4th Sunday of every month) come on down to Rayners to shoot some steel out to <span style="font-weight: bold">990</span> yards.

Still $10 and still fun!

Tom added a longer shot. As stated above 990 yards is the new max. The old station with 200 & 500 yards is now 500 & 590. Still 36 total rounds. There are now 3 squads shooting at the same time.

Directions and such found HERE
2010-05-23155633.jpg

Re: Sept Rayners Long Range Rifle Match *OHIO*

That 990 is going to make some shooters cry.

Nice, the more ranges the better. That should be next to the right to bear arms and have a proper local range.

The last shoot this year will be held on 10-24. Tom shuts down until February so, if you've been on the fence or nervous, you need to come on down (or up, or over). After the shoot, you can play the rest of the day......

Dan Wolfe (260) 275 O
Jim Ashcraft(6.5x47L) 270 O
Mike Scott(7MMRM) 260 O
Dave Arbenz(6.5x284) 255 O
Larry Skivilocke(243AI) 250 O
Dennis Kirkpatrick(260) 240 H
Doug Dearinger(308) 235 O
Dan Connell(6BR) 225 O
Bob Fellows(6MMBR) 225 O
Frank Holtzhauer(308) 225 O
Hollie Michael(243) 225 O
Jesse Rayner(7MMRM) 225 O
Jim Elk(223) 215 O
Dennis Lawrence(308) 215 O
Dale Taylor(260) 215 H
Jeff Reisinger(300WM) 210 O
Todd Thompson(6MMRM) 195 O
Dan Piatt(308) 190 O
Tom West(243) 190 O
Todd Smith(223) 185 O
Cris Rensi(308) 185 O
Doug Spearman(243) 180 O
Tom Rayner(7MMRM) 175 O
Mark Armstrong(223) 170 O
Jim Lochary(308) 165 O
Chris Michael(308) 165 O
Kurt Poeppelman(223) 165 O
Matt Pulley(308) 155 O
Rick Geraci(308) 150 O
Terry Vineyard(30-06) 150 O
Scott Bechtel(308) 145 O
Zac Coffing(243) 145 O
Brenda Wolfe(223) 145 O
Dave Callipare(260) 120 O
Josh Guthrie(7MMRM) 120 O
Brandon Sinnett(223) 120 O
Everett Holbrook(223) 55 O
Mike Cooper(30-06) 45 M
Ed Gudgel(204 RU) 30 O
Lawrence Leaman(308) 5 O

SHOT TWO DIFFERENT GUNS
Tom Steelesmith(308/338L)185 O
Josey Rayner(270/7MMRM) 150 O

What a nice day for a shoot! The wind made the greedy among us drop easy points for the smaller targets.

Thanks Tom. See ya on 10-24.

thanks tom and the boys!!! had a great time and great weather as well. the coarse changes were great and added a good level of difficulty. see you next month.

dg

Super day for a match. Nice overcast skys and and everchanging wind to really make ya think and or guess on how to hold for each shot. Really do love the additional targets to give more options on what to shoot for the varying point values. Rayners Range is now officially a 1000 yard range with the addition of an 8" circle at 1000 yards. That'll add to the challenge I'm sure.

Nice turnout also, seen a few new faces but hard to get around to watch others and chat during the match. Anyone not tried it yet you are missing a great time. Challenging and a great learning experience for long range shooting. Don't be bashful, we all are learning each time we send one downrange.

My real only claim to fame for a personal victory was first round hits on both the 900 and 990. Figuring out my elevations has taken most of the summer but still have no clue how you all figure that everchanging wind. Dale T shot before me this month and helped pass along some wind info but it was changing nearly every shot which made for a tough day for everyone. Dale usually kicks my butt but was kind enough this month to let me slip by him.

I still rely on a SWAG if I can't see anything else to go by. Sometimes right, most times wrong
smile.gif
Did have a couple shooters ask about my weird looking mount on my "short stick". Kinda goes to show ya don't have to follow the crowd and shoot the same stuff as everyone else to have fun and be competitive.

Thanks Tom and Carolyn for a great time and letting us use your beautiful property to have such an enjoyable time.

Topstrap (Dennis K)

Damn, you guys are getting great turnout for these matches. I'm gonna have to dust off a rifle and join the fun in October.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Rob53</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Damn, you guys are getting great turnout for these matches. I'm gonna have to dust off a rifle and join the fun in October. </div></div>
October is the last one for this year, so don't miss out.

I have a feeling Tom might throw a few more higher value targets out there just to sucker some of us into trying to get an edge on the competition. It's kinda nice to show up and see some changes for the good every now and then. I mentioned that maybe all of the targets could be painted white since it shows up so well, but the reply I got was basically when the snow is on he'll paint them all white
laugh.gif
. Tom does appreciate getting feedback from the shooters, so don't be afraid to email him and let him know what you thought of the match or suggestions. See you all next month.

Mike, I think those lil high value targets are for all you long stick guys to fight over and then let us lil guns sneak up by wussing out and only hitting all the easy ones.
smile.gif

Topstrap

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Topstrap</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Mike, I think those are for all you long stick guys to fight over and then let us lil guns sneak up by wussing out and only hitting all the easy ones.
smile.gif

Topstrap </div></div>

That seems to work. I can think of at least 4 bullets which missed the small steel, but would have hit the next larger target. It's that whole thing of working smarter not harder.

Great match this past Sun. Nice turnout 42 ,nice cloudy day and lots of ole nasty wind to contend with, the new added targets will make it real interesting in future match's.I really like the adding of the calibers to the scoring list,Thanks Tom. I had way to many brain farts to be a player this month,my pal topstrap hung with the long guns , way to go Dennis . Come on out next month and join in on the FUN !!!

Thanks Tom, Carolyn and Jessie. Your family and the shooters sure make virgins feel welcome.
It could have been an embarrassing outing without a hit but everyone made sure I was on a few targets. This could be a little addicting.
Many thanks, best day of shooting in a long time.
Oh, and thanks to that guy named Doug that helped me out all day. I'ld drive 4 hours anytime to plink with you guys. Everyone should try out a day at Rayner's.