• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Serious question on loading the ruck

Outsydlooknin75

Gunny Sergeant
Minuteman
May 11, 2009
DulUth Jawja
Ok, so I know that some guys shoot from the ruck, and some shoot off a bipod. Some prefer the ruck over the bipod. Some say that shooting off the ruck is better because it takes out the bipod hop and blah blah blah ... but this isnt about bipod hop.

This is my question, I hear talk about loading the bipod and I understand that. But when shooting off the ruck how do you load the ruck?

Is it possible to load the ruck when shooting off of it?

Re: Serious question on loading the ruck

not really, there isnt a way to load the ruck up. If there is i havent heard of it or found how to do it. Just make sure that you are straight behind the rifle and whatever is inside the ruck that you are resting the rifle on is soft and forms around the bottom of the forend

I could see it happening if the pack had a bit of weight to it.
I know Blackhawk sells molle rifle rests that attach to the front of a pack. Just throw a grenade pouch or something to one side to limit foward travel into the rest..and you have foward pressure (loading) on a ruck rest....

I have a bipod on my rifle but shoot from a pack when ever I can. That bipod, even though it is folded offers a bit of friction on the pack which allows you to load it the same way you load the bipod. You also gain more surface area depending on how you use the pack.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: BOLTRIPPER</div><div class="ubbcode-body">someone PLEASE post the pictures of shooting off your spotter.... </div></div>

Here ya go
Source: Snipercentral, picture of user ID: shooter_john

SniperSchooloffspotter.jpg

yeah thanks ...but thats a staged photo....try that stuff with a ipsc flapper plate at 400yd and i'll show you some dedication .

Sorry bolt, not sure what you mean, maybe this photo is better?

sniperspotter2.jpg

Bolt, Im used to shooting off my spotter. That is one thing that our local match director believes in is shooting partner assisted. Last match it was shooting about 325 or so from kneeling using your spotter at 6 targets, then about 200 yards standing using your spotter.