• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Service Rifle Scope adjustments

KineticPerformance

Private
Minuteman
Feb 15, 2017
I'm new to SR and am about to buy a WOA Distinguished SR Scope. I'm not sure what I think is the best option for knobs, clicks or MoA. I read the Konrad article and it makes sense. That said, I grew up using MoA, my first military sniper rifles were mixed MoA/MRAD, and now I work in all MRAD. I think I could handle either system. Part of me thinks that clicks will work best in my brain since it's basically numbered like MRAD. Any suggestions from guys that made the irons to scope transition or came in since the introduction of optics?

Either will work.

MRad is basically 1/3 MOA, give or take. Not a big deal.

I prefer quarter-minutes, with full minutes on the dial (best if you have a zero-stop).

I shot SR for years, but it was all iron sights. I got out of it about 15 years ago because I could no longer see the target. Now that they have the 4.5X scope limit, I may give it another try. I still have my NM AR-15 and I could put a March 1-4.5X with the D3 reticle on it.

That said, the target is MOA-based. The corrections are MOA, everyone on the line talks in MOA. The plot sheets are MOA. I would not consider MRAD for Service Rifle, Highpower or F-class. But that's just me (and most Service Rifle Optics shooter.)

Reactions: sinister
The WOA scope is only offered in MoA but the dials are offered in two numbering conventions: MoA in quarters or Clicks in numerical sequence. What I'm asking is if one is more intuitive than the other. The Konrad article makes it seem like "clicks" is more intuitive and team matches are more likely to use "clicks" although I can't help but think it doesn't matter because it's all .25 MoA. I understand that clicks probably makes sense of you are transitioning from irons but as an optics only shooter I'm just windsurfing if there is an advantage to one numbering convention over the other.