• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Set a few records here.....gotta love Texas

Re: Set a few records here.....gotta love Texas

Damned hot this summer. The rain today has been very welcome. But we got some goofy laws, too.

Texas Transportation Code, section 545.406 --
COASTING. (a) An operator moving on a downgrade may not coast with the gears or transmission of the vehicle in neutral.(b) An operator of a truck, tractor, or bus moving on a downgrade may not coast with the clutch disengaged.

How is this enforcable?

You're lucky all the rain that's came close hasn't hit in town it's either been just north of the red river or south 15 or so miles.

We played that game for the last couple months, as well. Yesterday's rain lasted for probably 18 hours, off and on, and a heavy fog rolled in about 4 and lasted at least until midnight. I haven't looked at the official count, but I'd imagine it was in the 0.6" to 0.8" rainfall range, which is a whole lot considering we've only received ~2.5" this year and out average is close to 10.

Rained in Dallas for a little while today but the supreme court did hold up an execution so I guess we won one and lost one.

Midland - Odessa is setting at 2.25" this year.....

We got 6" in Plano today. Drops were 6" apart....
Drove across Lake Lavon bridges and it looks pitiful. You can walk across it on the north end. Sad times.

It rained for the first time in like over a month in College Station (TX) last night. I heard a few drops on the a/c motor outside of my bedroom last night....

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: hink</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Damned hot this summer. The rain today has been very welcome. But we got some goofy laws, too.

Texas Transportation Code, section 545.406 --
COASTING. (a) An operator moving on a downgrade may not coast with the gears or transmission of the vehicle in neutral.(b) An operator of a truck, tractor, or bus moving on a downgrade may not coast with the clutch disengaged.

How is this enforcable? </div></div>

Noise, a truck using engine braking will be in a lower gear at high revs, if there is no engine noise while going downhill they're probably in neutral.

Was at my deer lease Saturday and it rained 4.5" in about 2 hours water was going everywhere. Filled the couple stock tanks almost all the way up it was great although with the clay soil it made it a little hard to navigate.