• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Set Triggers

XMC

Private
Minuteman
Dec 27, 2009
New Ulm, Texas
Does anyone use set triggers like CanJar (out of business I heard)? Maybe double triggers? I have a CanJar on my Ruger #1 and it made a huge difference for precision shooting. I've thought about using some sort of set trigger for my remingtons but haven't researched it yet. Just curious.

Re: Set Triggers

CZ offers a single set trigger on some of their rifles - the 550, IIRC. Brownells carries a set trigger for the Remington - Moyers, I believe. No experience with it, though.

I have a CZ 527 with a single set trigger. You push it forward to set it, or just pull it normal. It's scarry light when set but it sure is sweet for range work.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Duckdog</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I have a CZ 527 with a single set trigger. You push it forward to set it, or just pull it normal. It's scarry light when set but it sure is sweet for range work.</div></div>

My 527 American in .221 FB is the same - the standard trigger is pretty decent, good for field work but that set trigger is really nice off the bench !

I have the kepplinger single set on an edm 50 (uses remingtons style trigger). Its a nice trigger, about 4 lbs when you pull it like normal. When you push it forward and set it, its like 8 oz or so, very light. They arent for everyone, kind of an aquired taste i think.

CJG

The KEPPLINGER looks like the only option for set triggers on my 700. It looks like I might get the same functionality as the old Canjar. Thanks for the suggestions.