• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Setting up a NRL22 rig - looking for MOA scope base/rail advice

AnimalMother224

maybe steel go ding
Supporter
Minuteman
Feb 1, 2014
east side
Hey guys. Im currently gathering goodies for my NRL22 setup im slowly putting together. T1x rifle, and looking for a MOA base. While this rig will be for NRL so I have an understanding on what yardages ill be going after. Im curious if you could suggested the most amount of MOA I should get for the rail

Ill be putting my USO TS20x scope on it. its a mil/mil 34mm tube that is advertised as 32 TOTAL mils of travel .. and its also advertised with 24.3 usable mils when its sitting on 30MOA

just looking for a sniff test and make sure a 30MOA rail will be good enough for NRL (which Im sure it will be).

I think if I went anything more than they my scope movement will be buried.

Ive always had a hard time wrapping my head around the math for factoring in built-in scope cant and making sure there's enough but not too much

For standard NRL22, you don't need a MOA rail as you're only shooting 100 yards.

For Nationals which goes out close to 400 yards, you'll want a 25+ moa rail. My T1X is in a 25moa rail and I have about 18 mils left of Up adjustment from a 25yd zero. This allows me to hit out to about 350 yards. On my Vudoo I put a 40moa rail so I could have enough to dial 400 yards.

Reactions: BigRed308
I've got a USO B-25 on a tikka t1x. I use a 25 MOA DIP rail with a 50yard zero. It's got enough elevation (17.5+/- mil) to dial to 325 yds. I would feel comfortable with the 419 30 MOA rail. For standard NRL22 ranges are 25-100. MD may throw a long bonus stage in there and NRL22X changes things up a bit too.

Last edited:
My suggestion would be to go with the Area 419 or the Anarchy Outdoors rail. I have had a run of bad luck with the Dip rails and don‘t use them any longer. You will want a 30 moa rail. My guess is most NRL clubs will switch to the NRL22x if they have the distance so you will want that extra elevation.

Reactions: Halo is for Kids
I'm not a fan of the DIP. I've got one on a savage mkii and another on a tikka t1x. They seem well made and have given me no trouble but the design did not work with a one piece ADM scope mount. I would appreciate the flexibility of a full rail like the 419 or anarchy.

I had two Dip 25 moa rails that had no cant at all on two different rifles bought months apart. after that I quit buying them.

Running a 30 MOA on my Vudoo. 20 MOA on my B22