• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Setting up a rifle

Hattrick

Private
Minuteman
Jan 16, 2014
Ok length of pull on a bolt gun I’m sure this has been cover many times before but what are the Dues and don’ts when your setting up a custom stock to fit you with all the fittings ?

Last edited:
It’s all about how much coinage you’re willing to part with to get what you want. You can get tool-less adjustable or tool adjustable with prices from a hundred dollars to several hundred dollars. You can get a recoil pad for a few bucks. Your question can only be answered by you and google.

My bad I should of been clearer on my question. I’m not looking to buy new stock but properly set up my current A5 to my LOP. I’ve had many of bolt guns but I never really had a true custom bolt gun with all the adjustments like my A5 and never paid attention to the small details. I mostly shoot from a bench but now we go prone and other Positions. One thing I keep finding out from this group is just because you always done something and it worked doesn’t mean it’s right. I’d like to set this up right.

Reactions: jcmullis2
My bad I should of been clearer on my question. I’m not looking to buy new stock but properly set up my current A5 to my LOP. I’ve had many of bolt guns but I never really had a true custom bolt gun with all the adjustments like my A5 and never paid attention to the small details. I mostly shoot from a bench but now we go prone and other Positions. One thing I keep finding out from this group is just because you always done something and it worked doesn’t mean it’s right. I’d like to set this up right.
I understand. There’s lots of good people here and thousands of years of shooting experience. The best advice I can give you is to watch out for 🐍 and 🐜. Maybe if you had a catchy title you could tap into the wealth of knowledge of those who have advanced training in shooting from the prone position. Try this one out “What are the fundamentals of shooting from the prone position” or something like that. Good luck

With respect to Length Of Pull: per some reading i've done recently one sets the LOP such that your trigger finger is at 90 degrees (bent at the PIP joint)
th.jpeg

with the finger pad flat.
....when you pull the trigger it goes straight back without causing any angular pull or deviation.

Very Helpful Thank you I was tweaking it this evening after I read your reply. Don't think im done yet either