• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Setting Up Coldbore 1.0

fmjfirearms

Private
Minuteman
Mar 1, 2018
I have just purchased Coldbore, both Desktop & Mobile, both are registered.
I have spent an hour trying to figure out how to setup a gun profile in the mobile app.
The manual tells you what the program can do but not how to setup a rifle profile.
I have used many solvers in the the last 10 years but this has beaten me!
You would think it would have a simple firearm setup page, but i cant find it?
Anybody know of a video or tutorial like FFS has?
Thanks

Its a PITA at first but with a little use it gets better. Much simpler to enter your "Tracks" on the desktop and sync to the mobile. But the way to access it on your mobile is Ballistics/Tracks (bottom left icon on my mobile)/data. Once you have a track in the app you can make changes and save as a new track. It takes a little practice but once you get it down it works. Good luck.

Truth to be told, I found it very straightforward and took me not more than 20 minutes to figure it out, at least the basic features, because I had some prior experience with Windows Phone apps. If you are coming from another platform that may cause some bewilderment at first, I can get that. Just checked out the manual, and in pages 55 and 56 it's explained the how-to and it's real simple, but anyone's mileage can vary

Reactions: THEIS
It seems Microsoft was changed something so I (we) can't sync desktop and phone at the moment.
Can somebody talk me through how to set up a track (firearm profile) so I can use the app for a shooting solution.
I have all the necessary data, bullet, speed etc.
Thanks

It seems Microsoft was changed something so I (we) can't sync desktop and phone at the moment.
Can somebody talk me through how to set up a track (firearm profile) so I can use the app for a shooting solution.
I have all the necessary data, bullet, speed etc.
Thanks

Are you asking how to set up a track on the desktop or mobile? To set up on the desktop go to the Ballistics tab and fill out the info and save it. As I recall you have to have at least one track to sync from desktop to mobile before you can add tracks in the mobile app - because you are actually changing the data inputs and saving as a new track. For the desktop the manual is available from the program at the very top where it says manuals. You can download the mobile manual from the website. The sync function doesn't work for me on the desktop, I have to manually copy the files to OneDrive and then the phone will sync without issue.

The sync function doesn't work for me on the desktop, I have to manually copy the files to OneDrive and then the phone will sync without issue.
That's how it has to be done, in the first step from the PC to Onedrive. From PC to PDA is over a cable.